This should put a lot of people's minds at ease. Michael Kane has been saying this about BlackBerry all along, that what we seeing is normal, but that for some reason investors and other media outlets are jumping the gun.

BlackBerry Transition Theory - BNN Mobile Live
    09-23-13 06:48 AM
    The transition is working if Phase 2 was, Don't sell your primary product.
    09-23-13 06:54 AM
    It is especially valuable information as it came before the Friday pre-earnings announcement.

BlackBerry's Thorsten Heins has not provided many details at all, leading to media and consumer speculation that may be damaging to the share-price on any given day. But as I have repeatedly pointed out, his message has been consistent. That leads me to take him at his word and ignore speculative stories about layoffs and writedowns. He has already told us all of that is going to happen. He has not contradicted himself.
    What speculative stories? They were all proven (sadly) to be correct.
    09-23-13 06:58 AM
    If you look carefully at the press release you will see that it focuses the future on the BB Enterprise business. I interpret that to mean that the phone business for BB is essentially dead. They will not be supporting our phones as consumer products.
    09-23-13 01:36 PM
    If you look carefully at the press release you will see that it focuses the future on the BB Enterprise business. I interpret that to mean that the phone business for BB is essentially dead. They will not be supporting our phones as consumer products.
    I can't see support for current BB10 devices dropping within the next year.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 01:53 PM

Aahhhh, but you're missing a key component of that statement. BlackBerry has stated time and time again, that they may become a SAS company. BB10 IS software, while they may not support our hardware, BB10 and in essence all the phones running it, will be supported.
    09-23-13 01:57 PM