If people wanted to see something amazing from Blackberry, then what they would do is invest like a $100 in BB shares. Anyone who's got the money, and want's to see either a big rise with one strong push would help it raise its money. I've decided to take a chance, and to invest around $300 to help support blackberry and hopefully make a little money if they shoot up. I'm crossing my fingers on this one, but if there's anyone you should invest in, it's Blackberry. They just have something coming soon, that's going to be bringing them a lot of attention, and hopefully, sales.

Who is in?

And who disagrees and would rather buy 1 share for 430+ from APPLE, or 900+ for GOOGLE? And watch you lose a big chunk of your money, all for just 1 share?
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    07-22-13 07:48 PM
    07-22-13 07:51 PM
    When you buy stock the money doesn't go to BlackBerry, it just goes to whoever currently owns the shares and is selling them to you. If you want to help, it's probably better to buy some BlackBerry products instead.
    07-22-13 07:56 PM
    When you buy stock the money doesn't go to BlackBerry, it just goes to whoever currently owns the shares and is selling them to you. If you want to help, it's probably better to buy some BlackBerry products instead.
    When you buy a phone the money goes to the carrier.

Better to put some cash in an envelope and mail it to BlackBerry directly.
    m1a1mg, nquyen, sunsetblow and 1 others like this.
    07-22-13 08:00 PM
    If people wanted to see something amazing from Blackberry, then what they would do is invest like a $100 in BB shares. Anyone who's got the money, and want's to see either a big rise with one strong push would help it raise its money. I've decided to take a chance, and to invest around $300 to help support blackberry and hopefully make a little money if they shoot up. I'm crossing my fingers on this one, but if there's anyone you should invest in, it's Blackberry. They just have something coming soon, that's going to be bringing them a lot of attention, and hopefully, sales.

Who is in?

And who disagrees and would rather buy 1 share for 430+ from APPLE, or 900+ for GOOGLE? And watch you lose a big chunk of your money, all for just 1 share?
    Cool, for your $300, you have shares worth $600 on paper, of which $200 is actual cash.

Posted via CB10
    robin11 likes this.
    07-22-13 08:26 PM
    Or send me 300 bucks cause I have a blackberry, by the way I did invest and don't regret it

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 08:31 PM
    When you buy a phone the money goes to the carrier.

Better to put some cash in an envelope and mail it to BlackBerry directly.
    They should call you mr.misinformation . You have done nothing but spread negativity and misinformation. If you are not a fan boy why are you here?

Posted via CB10
    Jake Storm likes this.
    07-22-13 08:39 PM
    I believe you're right here, if BlackBerry really need capital out of stock sure they'll issues a new stock, that's when we buy those stock that the money goes to BlackBerry. CMIIW
    07-22-13 08:46 PM
    They should call you mr.misinformation . You have done nothing but spread negativity and misinformation. If you are not a fan boy why are you here?
    It was a joke. Lighten up a little, you appear to be upset in most of your posts.
    07-22-13 09:01 PM
    It's a little scary to still see posts like these. Buying RIMM stock doesn't directly benefit the company. You invest in a stock to make yourself money not to patronize the company.
    07-22-13 09:29 PM
    Or send me 300 bucks cause I have a blackberry, by the way I did invest and don't regret it

Posted via CB10
    lol, I'm not tripping over the $300 dollars, I just wanted to be somewhat of a big shareholder if things workout. I'm buying the A10 when it comes out. I'm supporting the company, and myself at the sometime.
    Truthfully, I 'm going to just forget about the money when I invest. Its not like I'm left broke.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    07-22-13 10:07 PM
    .... I've decided to take a chance, and to invest around $300 .... and hopefully make a little money if they shoot up.
    30 shares will probably replace your A10 when the time comes, or when you want to upgrade.....
    07-22-13 10:25 PM
    I was a fool who parted with her money to buy shares to "support RIM."

Got caught up in the "let's support RIM" BS.

I'm left holding quite a lot of shares that are worth actually less than Confederate paper money, since that would have collectors' value.

Once bitten, twice shy. I don't expect to recoup that cash ever again. It was lost the instant I bought the shares. And there is someone here who challenged me that the stock will be at $100 or thereabouts at the end of 2013.

Yah. Good luck with that.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    07-23-13 04:42 AM
    Some the worst investment advice in the world can be found on CB.

Gamble with your head, not your heart. Make sure that any money you invest is money that you can lose. Don't believe that BBRY can not go lower, it can.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    07-23-13 05:40 AM
    And there is someone here who challenged me that the stock will be at $100 or thereabouts at the end of 2013.

Yah. Good luck with that.
    Do you have a link to that thread ? I thought I had subscribed to it but alas I can't find it.
    07-23-13 05:48 AM
    Do you have a link to that thread ? I thought I had subscribed to it but alas I can't find it.
    Can't now, love. Out the door.

07-23-13 05:58 AM
    Some the worst investment advice in the world can be found on CB.

Gamble with your head, not your heart. Make sure that any money you invest is money that you can lose. Don't believe that BBRY can not go lower, it can.
    Which, adding insult to injury, is what I always say.

The blame is squarely on me.

07-23-13 06:02 AM
    Which, adding insult to injury, is what I always say.

The blame is squarely on me.

My post was not directed your way. Sorry if you took it that way.
    07-23-13 06:42 AM
    My post was not directed your way. Sorry if you took it that way.
    Not at all!!!!! It just happens to be EXACTLY what I say. I'm angry at myself.

We're good!
    😃

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
    07-23-13 06:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    I failed to see a sign saying this is a private club. It is a forum where we all discuss how we feel. If you only have the positive, you will mislead people, you got to have both sides.

Why are YOU here.
    mikeo007 and Otech#CB like this.
    07-23-13 07:23 AM
    Op you should educate yourself on how the market works, before advising people to buy blackberry's stock.

Exhibit B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MartyMcfly; 07-23-13 at 08:57 AM.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    07-23-13 07:23 AM
    It's this thread: , at the start of the year the groupthink view was that by this time, $20+ was the minimum that could be expected and an awful lot of faith put in Technical Analysis (which from a quick skim seems to have been way out over and over again) - typical comments were:

21st Dec 2012 - by February it will be $20+ .....

21st Dec 2012 - Stock at $11.02 right now. Great buying opportunity for those who missed the boat at $7.

22nd Dec 2012 - Bernstein Research sees $20 in 3-4 months

23rd Dec 2012 - (About launching Z10 in the deadest period of the year) - It's actually an awesome strategy. There's a lot of noise right now, they're launching during a relatively quiet period. All eyes will be on RIM.

4th Jan 2013 - 10 mil (for BB10) quarter will not be issue.

11 Jan 2013 - can't see the shares dropping under $11.50 again.

16th Jan 2013 - I think it'd be $40 by June or July (after June's earning report)

16th Jan 2013 - There is clear sailing all the way to $ 22.50/shr

17th Jan 2013 - Which means, $40 by June. $75 to $125 by January 2014. I've been predicting this since last few months but without the benefit of any technical analysis.

24th Jan 2013 - Call me crazy but I am back in at 16.90 for 5800 shares!

2nd Feb 2013 - Based upon the data, we were "likely" to hit a new nominal high, at $ 18.00 plus

2nd Feb 2013 - This is easily a $50 stock.

What seems to have thrown people out is estimates of Z10 sales that were maybe two-three times what they actually were... also around the launch period, people get fixated with the idea that they sold over a million in the first week and that talks of sell-out lines support this view.

Having said that, it's a very interesting thread to read and full of knowledgeable insightful people so worth following - just don't use it for actual stock advice - but that would the same advice for using a hardcore fan forum for stock advice about any product...
    notfanboy and chr1sny like this.
    07-23-13 07:59 AM
    It's this thread: , at the start of the year the groupthink view was that by this time, $20+ was the minimum that could be expected and an awful lot of faith put in Technical Analysis (which from a quick skim seems to have been way out over and over again) - typical comments were:
    Thanks but that wasn't the one I was thinking of. It was a shorter lived thread where someone boldly predicted $100 and a number of people called him out on it. The exchange was amusing if I recall.
    07-23-13 08:43 AM
    I am in !! I will do it today.
    long live BB!!

BB Z10 rocks.
    07-23-13 12:02 PM
    Thanks but that wasn't the one I was thinking of. It was a shorter lived thread where someone boldly predicted $100 and a number of people called him out on it. The exchange was amusing if I recall.
    Was it this one?

http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...-pants-822565/
    07-23-13 12:29 PM
30 12