Just bought BlackBerry stock. My confidence told me."put your money where mouth is."

I truly believe that this company will not fold, that it will grow and compete with the best of them.

I believe in Chen and his ability to turn failing companies into winners, as BlackBerry has always been a winner.

The conservatism and and old BlackBerry technological attitudes have changed and we are on the midst of a resurgence. I think Buffet should look and invest in BlackBerry. Jus his name alone will bring millions and of course I'd give him Z10, z30, or Q10 every year and a PlayBook that is safe to keep track of his earnings.

http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/201...erial-goods-2/

What do you all think?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mig1234; 12-17-13 at 10:30 AM.
    GS51 likes this.
    12-17-13 10:16 AM
    I taught that Prem Watsa was Buffet....

What BlackBerry stock needs is a great product that can make the company money. The fact that Buffet, most of the Canadian retirement funds and most other Tech Companies have stayed away so far.... give you a good idea of how great an investment in BlackBerry is.

Chen took how long to turn Sybase around?? He says he'll need 18 months to turn BlackBerry around... not sure he is going to get the loans/funding to take that long. I imagine that in six months if BlackBerry is still bleeding and there is not a clear and present hope for a turn around... you will see some "reduced for quick sale" signs going back up.
    kbz1960, JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    12-17-13 10:50 AM
    Yeah....

He said: “We've got a track record of 28 years of completing what we've done. We've never re-negotiated.
    “We thought long and hard before we offered $9 dollars a share and we're not in the business of offering a number and at the last minute changing the figure. Over 28 years our reputation is stellar on that front. We just don't do that.”
    12-17-13 11:34 AM
    Just bought BlackBerry stock. My confidence told me."put your money where mouth is."

I truly believe that this company will not fold, that it will grow and compete with the best of them.

I believe in Chen and his ability to turn failing companies into winners, as BlackBerry has always been a winner.

The conservatism and and old BlackBerry technological attitudes have changed and we are on the midst of a resurgence. I think Buffet should look and invest in BlackBerry. Jus his name alone will bring millions and of course I'd give him Z10, z30, or Q10 every year and a PlayBook that is safe to keep track of his earnings.

Warren Buffett on cell phones, email, and material goods – Piers Morgan - CNN.com Blogs

What do you all think?

Posted via CB10
    I remain long on BB and recently picked up more. I like Chen, and I like the C-suite changes. The company seems to be getting leaner and meaner.

However unfortunate some of BlackBerry's management decisions have been over the years, I continue to see BB10 as a remarkably well-designed platform. If the company can find some stability and continue to refine the platform, I think they can slowly recover.
    ridemaster likes this.
    12-17-13 11:43 AM
    BB10 is a remarkable platform, I wish you all good luck with your investments. A bit too risky for my liking although the sounds coming from BlackBerry lately are a bit better than we are used to.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 11:55 AM
    ....a lot better

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 10:02 PM

What BlackBerry stock needs is a great product that can make the company money. The fact that Buffet, most of the Canadian retirement funds and most other Tech Companies have stayed away so far.... give you a good idea of how great an investment in BlackBerry is.

Chen took how long to turn Sybase around?? He says he'll need 18 months to turn BlackBerry around... not sure he is going to get the loans/funding to take that long. I imagine that in six months if BlackBerry is still bleeding and there is not a clear and present hope for a turn around... you will see some "reduced for quick sale" signs going back up.
    nope people here said PW is canadian warren buffet..with a less money and less popularity of course..

maybe BB want someone like warren buffet but does someone like warren buffet want BlackBerry?...i dont think so

if he / some companies want it there will be a huge bidding war several months ago...but the result is the opposite, PW cancel his offer to buy BBRY only giving BBRY a loan, but still gain access to change board and the executive. and some rumor says that he cancel buying BB because Bank doesnt approve financing PW and BBRY deal...
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-17-13 10:26 PM
    You have to wonder if Prem Watsa where not already so invested in BlackBerry..... would he touch them with a ten foot pole today?

I think everything he had done has been to protect his original investment. And I think to a degree he may succeed by getting BlackBerry so in debt and reliant on Fairfax that they are the ones that will be in control of the assets in the end.
    JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    12-18-13 10:38 AM
    I think Buffet should look and invest in BlackBerry. Jus his name alone will bring millions and of course I'd give him Z10, z30, or Q10 every year and a PlayBook that is safe to keep track of his earnings.
    This just isn't very likely. Buffett famously avoids tech stocks. Only in the last couple of years has he bought a couple of tech companies. IBM is an example, however, they are really more of services company these days, rather than a typical technology firm.

Furthermore, Buffett is not a turnaround guy. While he likes companies that are undervalued, as Blackberry (arguably) is, he's also looking at other factors:
    • Steady revenue and earnings growth
    • Management with a strong record of executing strategy
    • A strong "moat" (e.g. Intellectual property or brand equity) that protects it from the competition

None of those things apply to Blackberry today.
    JeepBB and aniym like this.
    12-18-13 07:40 PM
    Well. I think he's opportunistic and a game changer. Can u imagine taking over BlackBerry and competing against the big giants?

He's not into taking chances with technology as he knows it changes. Most of his companies are steady companies whose consumers need their products.

But he can have with this one. Lol

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 09:19 PM
    Well. I think he's opportunistic and a game changer.
    Can you think of a single stock of a company he's bought which was performing poorly and turned around after he bought it? I can't. Usually, he buys already strong performers like Coca Cola or GEICO which the market is undervaluing.

Occasionally, he'll buy a company in temporary trouble like BoA or Goldman Sachs during the financial crisis. But even then, he'll get an extra measure of security by cutting himself a very favorable deal with terms unavailable to a run-of-the-mill investor.
    aniym likes this.
    12-18-13 09:55 PM
    No, but no company sells itself for the sake of selling. They do it because their in trouble or because the owners need the money. A healthy company is not sold for the sake of selling.

Companies send feelers out or they might approach interested parties like Buffet to entertain the idea.

Has Buffet turned around any company, of course he has: they're all making more.profits than when he took them over and all have tremendous potential to.grpw even more.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 01:44 PM