Any reason why it seems to be consistently tanking over the past few days? Price has dipped below $8 a share...

Pimp slappin iGeeks, Droinerds and Windufuses with my big white Z30
    07-02-15 09:13 AM
    Are you surprised the price keeps fluctuating? Given BBRY's perceived lack of stability and the proliferation of negative views/opinions in some quarters on the company's future, that is to be expected.
    07-02-15 09:32 AM
    Uhhh.... cuz the ER was horrendous... and Chen did a horrible job of 'splaining himself.

Investors realize there is no desirable future in his plans.

And some of the most popular analysts even calling his software numbers out for being disingenuous.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 09:40 AM
    My stockbroker strongly discouraged me from buying any BBRY stock earlier this year, saying it appeared to have no upside potential. She recommended buying more Apple stock, and if I liked BBRY so much, just stick to their phones. I followed her advice, as I usually do.

My guess is that BBRY will disappear as an independent entity within a couple years, and that someone will eventually buy the company. That should raise the stock price a little when it happens.
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    07-02-15 09:51 AM
    Yeah it's pretty much over as of now.

I sold my house in preparation of the incoming bankruptcy. Already sold my Passport and Q10 for 20$ each. It was all inevitable. Oh well, it was a nice run while it lasted. Can't believe how badly Chen screwed things up, that man single handedly ruined BlackBerry. Thorsten should have stayed, he was a true genius.

So long BlackBerry, it's been nice knowing you. Back to living on the streets and using an iPhone.
    hoopitz, nbaliga and sirius27 like this.
    07-02-15 10:02 AM
    Analysts wanted some hard revenue numbers on BES12, Chen wouldn't tell. Market decided that was fishy since thats the savior of the company for the next couple years or so and punished the stock.
    07-02-15 10:16 AM
    Not really surprised that it has dipped....just moreso surprised that it didn't happened immediately after the earnings report came out. The report was well over a week a week ago but it's only been this week that i've seen it drop like 20 cents a day. I don't own stock....just don't want to see a company that I have personal interest in disappear off the map. People are just waiting like vultures for it to finally die (although they've been saying that for the past couple years now).

But the question wasn't really about the dip but more the weird timing and how dramatically it's happened. But yeah...just wondering. Thanks for the input so far.

07-02-15 11:05 AM
    I worked for a major investment bank for several years. The analysts in almost any field had no real life experience in the markets they were covering so most of the research was cooked up and hashed over from their misunderstandings of what a company was doing, or what it should be doing. The only interest is whether or not a stock is a short term buy or sell in order to pump more money out of the bank's investor base: strategy and the long term outlook of the company aren't of any interest to the investment banks as much as how holding that stock looked on their balance sheet last quarter.

This isn't so much to say that BlackBerry is getting a short shrift, but to say that almost every company out there is getting the same kind of poor coverage. Instant gratification has replaced principled investing whether it's IB's or day traders. If someone wants to buy BlackBerry stock, do so knowing that it's a speculative play because of the transitional stage the company is in. There's been a lot of bad decisions in the past to flush out of the company, and a lot of work for a software/services pivot to still do.
    bungaboy and cdnrower like this.
    07-02-15 11:16 AM
    I just checked and it is now at $7.96 (Time: 12:18 EST). I do love BB and their products and it would be hard to see them go. Also, I know marketing is expensive, but not marketing their products is actually costing the company even more than marketing. As a BB-User, it is funny (not really funny) to hear people can say- I did not even know that BB still makes devices. Well as they say- you learn more from your mistakes than from your success!
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    07-02-15 11:34 AM
    ah well , i'm also prepping for when the time comes they leave as a 'phone' company.
    They will survive, but not the way we know them now.
    Still love my bb devices as much as when i bought them !
    07-02-15 11:39 AM
    Not really surprised that it has dipped....just moreso surprised that it didn't happened immediately after the earnings report came out. The report was well over a week a week ago but it's only been this week that i've seen it drop like 20 cents a day. I don't own stock....just don't want to see a company that I have personal interest in disappear off the map. People are just waiting like vultures for it to finally die (although they've been saying that for the past couple years now).

But the question wasn't really about the dip but more the weird timing and how dramatically it's happened. But yeah...just wondering. Thanks for the input so far.

I'd put that to speculative momentum, once a stock with high volatility starts a downward trend then shorts can hitch a ride to make some money. Probably will need some rumor to stabilize.
    07-02-15 11:40 AM
    I'd put that to speculative momentum, once a stock with high volatility starts a downward trend then shorts can hitch a ride to make some money. Probably will need some rumor to stabilize.
    Yep,any day now ,but then again they will be buying back some stock so maybe they want it to tank a lot more,keeping quiet helps,bunch of a-holes.
    07-02-15 11:59 AM
    (although participant has that revealed that his options position in BBRY has lost 95% of its value)
    You know it took a lot of courage for that particular user to admit that and I genuinely feel sorry for him. I don't think we should rub it in. With that said, the lesson taken away is to avoid the "get rich quick" glamor of options.

The "I Support..." thread promotes horrendously bad investing/trading practices. You kind of have to to justify an investment in BBRY at many points in time in the past couple years.
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 07-02-15 at 12:25 PM.
    techvisor, mikeo007 and sati01 like this.
    07-02-15 12:15 PM
    and people expect what??? We are talking the stock market after all.... Reality has no real affect on price.... it is what you can make your investors believe.... Look at MobileIron.... Morgan Stanley who underwrote the IPO pumped the stock until the CEO left and the projections were all wrong... stock tanked....hundreds of examples of investment firms being self serving... they make money no matter what the stock does... In the long run...it is the long run that counts... not a couple of quarters... more like a couple of years and you will actually know what Chen is actually up to... anything else said in the short run is speculation at best and manipulation at worst... either way you would be better off going to Vegas and invest you money at the gambling tables....
    07-02-15 12:24 PM
    You know it took a lot of courage for that particular user to admit that and I genuinely feel sorry for him. I don't think we should rub it in. With that said, the lesson taken away is to avoid the "get rich quick" glamor of options.

The "I Support..." thread promotes horrendously bad investing/trading practices. You kind of have to to justify an investment in BBRY at many points in time in the past couple years.
    That thread is scary to read for me now. Many people are so emotionally invested in BBRY now that reality seems to have packed up and left the building. I just hope there aren't many readers and lurkers losing more good money there.

I've lost some (not a lot) over the year. What scares me is people doubling down now. To me that's a little insane. There are some very troubling signs from that last ER.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    07-02-15 12:26 PM
    I just checked and it is now at $7.96 (Time: 12:18 EST). I do love BB and their products and it would be hard to see them go. Also, I know marketing is expensive, but not marketing their products is actually costing the company even more than marketing. As a BB-User, it is funny (not really funny) to hear people can say- I did not even know that BB still makes devices. Well as they say- you learn more from your mistakes than from your success!
    Exactly!

I am honestly beginning to believe that Chen is just way too isolated in his ivory tower, and biz jet flights from home to Waterloo.

If he had any idea how many real people have no idea about BlackBerry's current products, he'd have to be an ***** not to spend some cash on advertising... oh wait...

The question is not whether BlackBerry can afford to advertise, but the reality that they are doomed if they don't.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    07-02-15 01:23 PM
    Good thing for BlackBerry. They are buying stocks ,so how lower the price the better it is . Trust me
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    07-02-15 01:57 PM
    I actually just made another buy on BBRY yesterday to increase my position.

My reasoning is simple:
    The company is changing and has a higher upside with of course, higher risk (can't avoid risk in stock investing).
    If their strategy was to continue to fight the handset battle, I would not have invested more because that is a higher mountain to climb at this time. I think that's where a lot of the negative sentiment comes from, people still think BBRY has to take share from Apple or Samsung to be able to grow.

Definitely in BBRY's favor for price to be lower when they are doing share buybacks (intentional or not, doesn't matter)
    My prediction is at least $12 this time next year unless there is an acquisition at a higher price.
    bungaboy and cdnrower like this.
    07-02-15 02:19 PM
    I'm always amused by the gang who think BlackBerry can't compete against Apple or Samsung in hardware... but somehow they think BlackBerry can compete against Microsoft or Cisco or even Apple in software, where they have absolutely no core competencies. In fact they've demonstrated their ineptness in software over and over again.

Good luck with that strategy... might help to keep drinking the Chen kool-aid...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackberry_geek; 07-02-15 at 05:39 PM.
    07-02-15 04:25 PM
    I actually just made another buy on BBRY yesterday to increase my position.

My reasoning is simple:
    The company is changing and has a higher upside with of course, higher risk (can't avoid risk in stock investing).
    If their strategy was to continue to fight the handset battle, I would not have invested more because that is a higher mountain to climb at this time. I think that's where a lot of the negative sentiment comes from, people still think BBRY has to take share from Apple or Samsung to be able to grow.

Definitely in BBRY's favor for price to be lower when they are doing share buybacks (intentional or not, doesn't matter)
    My prediction is at least $12 this time next year unless there is an acquisition at a higher price.
    dear sir can you check this out please
    http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que.../#post11761376
    07-02-15 07:40 PM
    Oh well, it was a nice run while it lasted. Can't believe how badly Chen screwed things up, that man single handedly ruined BlackBerry. Thorsten should have stayed, he was a true genius.
    How do you come to that conclusion? Chen has actually improved the company's position from an investment standpoint. Financially, they're doing much better now than they ever were under Thorsten. Thorsten was promoting a method that contributed to the continuous decline. Chen has actually stalled the decline, and in some areas pushed the needle in the other direction. Sure, the stock price might be down at the moment, but I think you are like too many others who confuse stock investment with stock trading. If you're a trader, then sure, you're not happy at the moment. If you're an investor, then it's an entirely different story. Too many people in the BBRY subforum don't recognize the difference between investing and trading.
    07-02-15 08:02 PM
    How do you come to that conclusion? Chen has actually improved the company's position from an investment standpoint. Financially, they're doing much better now than they ever were under Thorsten. Thorsten was promoting a method that contributed to the continuous decline. Chen has actually stalled the decline, and in some areas pushed the needle in the other direction. Sure, the stock price might be down at the moment, but I think you are like too many others who confuse stock investment with stock trading. If you're a trader, then sure, you're not happy at the moment. If you're an investor, then it's an entirely different story. Too many people in the BBRY subforum don't recognize the difference between investing and trading.
    Face palm...

Firstly you completely didn't get that he was mocking... Probably mocking me.

And your discussion of investing vs trading is completely backwards.

Please please please folks... I hope no one pays attention to such poor advice.

It is the traders who love the current stock volatility. And investors who hate it. You've got some schooling to do before you invest.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 08:11 PM
    You're tone is all wrong, guy. If you have an opinion to express, that's great. You are coming across as a bit of an *******. Maybe you are, I don't know. But either way you should be aware of how you come across to others.

If the slider doesn't make any waves, it is likely time to exit the handset business. The public sentiment regarding Blackberry doesn't seem to be something that can be altered in the near term, and until it does, hardware is a losing battle. I do think they can become a real player in software - MDM, IOT, healthcare, etc. Perhaps eliminating the hardware will demonstrate their dedication to the software business model and that will become the focus of analysts, investors, rather than the failing hardware.
    Shlooky likes this.
    07-02-15 11:03 PM
    tbh, and that's a first time for me, I believe Chen messed it hard on the SW revenue split.
    What the stock need to reach stability is deep pockets (funds) to enter/add in the game in order to dry the volume of available shares on the market.
    And those (and analysts) dislike big times when something seems unclear.
    Until then, stock is highly at risk and volatile aka shorts playfield.

We've seen two rounds of analysts; the first one was really bad (most did a disputable HW regarding SW figures) as they pointed out that SW revenue (CORE revenue : BES+BBM+ QNX(?)) was at best flat and probably even decreasing.
    At the point the Cisco and 'other' IP deal was not only perceived as irrelevant but negative. Go figure.

Second (current) wave have more brighter sights, especially those looking again at the IP portfolio valuation (up to $2 Bil. for some) and 'expected delay' (nothing always go as fast than planned) in BES adoption. Seasonality being one explanation.

But the wound has been done and whatever has been written afterwards, they must now suffer the bait.
    That's how it is.

Side note : with close to $1/sh loss, Chen has a $12mil. discount for his buy-back program.
    Sorrow spirit may tell they're not that much worried about that dip, at least not hurry to fight ...
    07-03-15 08:28 AM
    and people expect what??? We are talking the stock market after all.... Reality has no real affect on price.... it is what you can make your investors believe.... Look at MobileIron.... Morgan Stanley who underwrote the IPO pumped the stock until the CEO left and the projections were all wrong... stock tanked....hundreds of examples of investment firms being self serving... they make money no matter what the stock does... In the long run...it is the long run that counts... not a couple of quarters... more like a couple of years and you will actually know what Chen is actually up to... anything else said in the short run is speculation at best and manipulation at worst... either way you would be better off going to Vegas and invest you money at the gambling tables....
    And, betcha, that's what Prem's investment was all about, whether you're talking about the attempt to take it private or injecting cash via the debentures deal...

:-)

Long-term...

�   Chendroid or not? - That is the question...   �
    RigoMonster likes this.
    07-08-15 06:51 PM
82 123 ...