I was just reading this article on GigaOM....

Ready for smartphones with a next-generation chip? They�re right around the corner — Tech News and Analysis

and have come to my own humble opinion, as a lay person, that BlackBerry can't survive this cut throat mobile marathon if it doesn't aggressively strive to become a leader or be amongst the leading group in mobile phone "specs" war.

Yes I have read many pros and cons about this issue on this forum but i think what I understood from the above article is that the adoption of this "next generation chip" is imperative for any mobile phone (BlackBerry, Samsung, Apple, Sony, Google etc) company to remain relevant in this hostile environment.

Once bitten, twice shy; BlackBerry can't afford to repeat similar mistakes or arrogance that got it in this present mess. BOLD and AGGRESSIVE FORWARD THINKING, IMHO, is one of the magic wands to "keep moving", as BlackBerry would say
    08-31-13 10:47 AM
    I was just reading this article on GigaOM....

Ready for smartphones with a next-generation chip? They’re right around the corner — Tech News and Analysis

and have come to my own humble opinion, as a lay person, that BlackBerry can't survive this cut throat mobile marathon if it doesn't aggressively strive to become a leader or be amongst the leading group in mobile phone "specs" war.

Yes I have read many pros and cons about this issue on this forum but i think what I understood from the above article is that the adoption of this "next generation chip" is imperative for any mobile phone (BlackBerry, Samsung, Apple, Sony, Google etc) company to remain relevant in this hostile environment.

Once bitten, twice shy; BlackBerry can't afford to repeat similar mistakes or arrogance that got it in this present mess. BOLD and AGGRESSIVE FORWARD THINKING, IMHO, is one of the magic wands to "keep moving", as BlackBerry would say

Yeah, this has been beaten(debated) continuously on here. I'm all for keeping up to date with specs and features. Unfortunately, we'll have to see what happens in the future (with BlackBerry sell/trade, etc...) to make this happen. Under current circumstances and management- won't happen.
    08-31-13 12:00 PM
    Do the math.

A phone with less muscle (Z10) costs the same (it did before the big reductions due to low demand) as a phone with more muscle (S4).

Now... if BlackBerry made the Z30 with the same spec as an S4, how much do you think they'd charge us for it?

Then... if BlackBerry made the Z30 with higher specs than an S4 would you be willing to take a mortgage out to buy it?

I agree, BlackBerry "need" to bump up certain elements, but I don't think they can compete at all.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 01:48 PM
    Haha. Pricing is another beast on its own. I'm sure T.H and his gang are very aware of other mobile phones/phablets etc so lets hope that they will do the right thing (pricing-wise) before they lose more market share to competitors.

I'm a die-hard BlackBerry "phone" user so my "purchase" of BB phones is literally guaranteed, but BlackBerry should not take the rest of the consumers for granted. Sometimes I wonder if they are underestimating their competitors and the consumer market reaction to their products. Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that BlackBerry (magically or miraculously) pulls through.

Do the math.

A phone with less muscle (Z10) costs the same (it did before the big reductions due to low demand) as a phone with more muscle (S4).

Now... if BlackBerry made the Z30 with the same spec as an S4, how much do you think they'd charge us for it?

Then... if BlackBerry made the Z30 with higher specs than an S4 would you be willing to take a mortgage out to buy it?

I agree, BlackBerry "need" to bump up certain elements, but I don't think they can compete at all.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 03:51 PM
    Answering with a question : have you ever felt that your Z or Q were out of breathe ? Did you ever felt there was lags or slowdowns you could relate to ram, proc or GPU ?

I'm testing under quite strong - yet normal- circonstances all the BB10 devices for a month now, and I must say I didn't.

this leads me to believe BlackBerry can promote the ease of use and "Iron heart and steel pulmonaires " of their devices instead of obscure specs most users (incl. Me) wouldn't even understand.

Add the price tag, the mandatory GM, the limited price scale effect for devices components, the battery life (...) and you might get a reason to hold on high but not subsonic specs.

Though, I agree this is more a concern with Android users, specifically. But 99% of apple users don't even want to hear about it.

No kidding that's my Q10 boss !
    08-31-13 06:23 PM