Don't they mean "head of US sale"? LOL
    That's cold man. Really cold. LOL
    07-11-13 04:16 AM
    I am sorry you are tired of arm chair CEOs.
    Feel free to ignore anyone with a suggestion that you disagree with.

I sat with Frank and Richard at the launch in New York. Head all about the amazing program they were going to have to rekindle interest in the US.

Guess they missed it last quarter. And now they will revitalize the market.
    He should of kept his mouth shut on US carriers. His comment won't endear him with the carriers and may even be more of an incentive to put BB on the back burner. You don't bite the hand that you need to feed you, no matter how wrong you think they are. US carriers are not obligated to promote BB, they promote what they feel they can make money on.
    With a comment like "opportunistic thinking" ATT and Verizon may just say screw you, Thor.

As it has been shown, and against popular opinion here, apparently the US is the world, at least to Blackberry.
    07-11-13 04:23 AM
    He should of kept his mouth shut on US carriers. His comment won't endear him with the carriers and may even be more of an incentive to put BB on the back burner. You don't bite the hand that you need to feed you, no matter how wrong you think they are. US carriers are not obligated to promote BB, they promote what they feel they can make money on.
    With a comment like "opportunistic thinking" ATT and Verizon may just say screw you, Thor.

As it has been shown, and against popular opinion here, apparently the US is the world, at least to Blackberry.
    It is a very very bad sign. It basically signifies that things are so bad, in regard to the US, and to the relationship with carriers, that Heins is willing to slap them in the face publicly just to try to deflect blame. Of course, the US carriers would have to have quite some influence to have produced the poor sales everywhere else as well....at the end of the day, any way you want to divide it up, they sold around 2.3 million BB10 phones.....that is neither good, nor sufficient, and the US is only one component of that showing.
    notfanboy and JeepBB like this.
    07-11-13 04:35 AM
    Even though these people likely needed to be fired it will not do a thing to help Blackberry.

Results are the only thing that will pull Blackberry out of the hole and employee termination will not increase sales for the time being.
    07-11-13 04:38 AM
    Even though these people likely needed to be fired it will not do a thing to help Blackberry.

Results are the only thing that will pull Blackberry out of the hole and employee termination will not increase sales for the time being.
    Pretty much this at a time you need soldiers firing people and dwindling numbers is nt teh answer.Need to re-up hard.
    07-11-13 04:57 AM
    Misposted message
    07-12-13 02:59 AM
    Misposted message
    Huh?

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    07-12-13 05:57 AM
    It means I need to get my resume in ASAP.
    If you did, you would already be far ahead of the business executives who seem to frequent these forums.
    peter9477 likes this.
    07-12-13 06:01 AM
    I am still a fan of BlackBerry. I see them making the same mistakes and showing the same arrogance that almost destroyed the company.
    Out of curiosity, do you see anything running better than before or improving from before?
    peter9477 likes this.
    07-12-13 06:04 AM
    Sometimes I think firing employees is used as a way to cover up mistakes made higher up in the chain of command. The issues with BlackBerry and the products they offer seem to continue no matter what reformulation of command is made. The PlayBook should have served as the perfect example of what not to do again. I think there are some core issues that need to be resolved like integrity and building quality products foremost. I like my PlayBook but honestly it is a half baked pie-got good ingredients but only half done. Now it is just a footnote in BB's history. Perhaps BB should look at Ford for an example of a turnaround company. They had to change, they sucked and now they have regained respectability.
    07-12-13 07:52 AM
    Out of curiosity, do you see anything running better than before or improving from before?
    Well, BIS was down for some earlier today and since BB10 doesn't rely on BIS, no one with a BB10 was impacted. So that is an improvement.

The company is still late releasing hardware and software and is less transparent than before.

What do you see that is running better than before or improving from before?
    07-12-13 08:55 AM
    I think he had to go.

With the abysmal response by the US carriers to both device certification and the rollout he had clearly lost all credibility (and influence) with the US carriers. One might also say that Blackberry itself was the real cause and he was a sacrificial lamb, but I doubt they would fire this critical a resource at this point in time without clear evidence of poor performance.

Nobody likes to see someone lose their job, but the company has to make critical decisions and not be shy in replacing key staff that don’t yield the expected results, especially in the sales area.
    07-12-13 11:27 AM
    The company is still late releasing hardware and software
    I find their release times are improving actually. I've had two updates in the two months I've had the Z10. Progress.

and is less transparent than before.
    Don't agree here either. They're all on twitter (never used to be), more people talking to the media (never used to be), doing more JAMs etc.

All you've really done is affirm to me that you basically hate anything and everything they do. So why post here so many times a day if you despise everything BlackBerry?
    07-12-13 05:34 PM
    I find their release times are improving actually. I've had two updates in the two months I've had the Z10. Progress.

Don't agree here either. They're all on twitter (never used to be), more people talking to the media (never used to be), doing more JAMs etc.

All you've really done is affirm to me that you basically hate anything and everything they do. So why post here so many times a day if you despise everything BlackBerry?
    Regarding transparency, it is more then just being there. It is providing truthful reliable information and no misleading with market speak and bs.

eg.

"BES 10 is doing great with 19000 installs / tests" Real questions: How does this compare to Legacy BES installs?, As the download for test is free for a trial period, what rate of conversion from free to paying is there?

Z10 was the Best launch ever, Q10 sold out in hours, etc etc. BB has stated many times how well the launch was going and it wasn't. Even in the earnings call he had to be asked specifically about the BB10 sales and only gave the ~40%, he never did provide sell through numbers (but has in the past). He will no longer provide subscriber numbers.

Trying to say BB is more transparent is to ignore all that is wrong at Blackberry.
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-13-13 02:37 PM

Trying to say BB is more transparent is to ignore all that is wrong at Blackberry.
    Um..
    No

I'm saying they're more transparent and willing to be in public. don't make this into something it's not

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 02:49 PM
    Well Rubber you seem to have it all figured out.

BlackBerry is more responsive and more transparent than ever before.

With a declining stock price and no credibility.

No how is that possible?

Don't bother responding, you love everything about BlackBerry. Is it jingoism or is it something more? Again, don't respond. I don't care. You think all is well and I don't.
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-13-13 03:41 PM
41 12