Pray this is true! #needanupgradepath and worried!

Posted via Q10 using CB10
    09-20-13 10:38 PM
    You might want to have something a bit stronger than coffee tonight. And stay away from SA. They aren't qualified for anything. Just SGOTI posting his/her opinion.
    It blows me AWAY that people will buy into garbage like this. It goes to show that we haven't really advanced as individuals since the dark ages, and magic, and witchcraft, and.....well snake oil salesman at carny fairs....in fact, I'd forgive the snake oil people.....they were often desperate "this will cure my cancer? this will relieve me of my lifelong pain??"....and they didn't have access to a wealth of info at their fingertips, and they were talking to a highly polished pitchman.....not READING (and rereading, at their own pace) the material.
    09-21-13 06:15 AM
    Alec Saunders ‏tweeted this today:

@SimpleBerryRoy a company with 1.6 billion in sales, 2.6 billion in the bank and debt free is not "almost dead".

The denial has overcome these guys more than I imagined. What a joke.
    THIS is what makes me sick to my stomach. THANKS BOLD. I was thinking about Saunders and others several hours ago....can't BELIEVE he is still at it. HE KNOWS. ah it just makes me sick...I'm going to be unkind to him, I'll just stop right there.
    JeepBB and kevinnugent like this.
    09-21-13 06:18 AM
    THIS is what makes me sick to my stomach. THANKS BOLD. I was thinking about Saunders and others several hours ago....can't BELIEVE he is still at it. HE KNOWS. ah it just makes me sick...I'm going to be unkind to him, I'll just stop right there.
    Saunders doesn't know when to mute it. He's done similar unwise stuff in the past. That's bad judgement and while freedom of speech is lovely and all that right now BBRY needs PR handlers since commonsense clearly isn't doing it.
    09-21-13 07:57 AM
    Saunders doesn't know when to mute it. He's done similar unwise stuff in the past. That's bad judgement and while freedom of speech is lovely and all that right now BBRY needs PR handlers since commonsense clearly isn't doing it.
    His job is safe. He doesn't care.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-21-13 08:26 AM
    Blair is back with a new article - he's spilling into full-on delusion at this stage:

BlackBerry (BBRY) pre-announced that it was about to report a dismal quarter with virtually no sales of BB10 devices and a loss of $250 odd million from operations before an inventory write down approaching $1 billion. The report is not consistent with the evidence many have discussed on SA regarding BlackBerry sales intelligence including but not limited to StatCounter data that suggest BlackBerry sales are increasing.
    He's effectively decided to reject reality and is now moving into a twilight world where even when Blackberry themselves explicitly tell you the devices aren't selling that they are wrong and things like statcounter are right.
    m1a1mg, Saiga, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    09-21-13 08:54 AM
    Much doom and gloom around here. And why? How does all this affect you personally? I'm talking about all of us here. Hmmm, let me see how it affects me..

I'm not gonna die if BBRY goes belly-up tomorrow.. nope. It won't affect me like that. I'm not gonna lose money; I never bought stocks. I'm not gonna lose my house or car(s) either. I'll have food on the table tomorrow morning. I'll be able to pay my bills. I'll still be able to buy my meds and go to therapy. Or maybe not.. the therapy part.

But I know it will affect me in some way. Probably the same way it affected me when I heard Microsoft was buying Nokia. I was sad when I heard that. I've only owned, really, two brands of phones - Nokia and Blackberry. And I will be sad if Blackberry goes. The end of an era, Nokia & Blackberry. I hope Blackberry can stay afloat and continue on, because it would be nice.

For some odd reason, I connected with the products made by both companies. Maybe it was the high quality of their phones. Maybe their OS's just melded with how I think. Symbian, Meego, OS6, OS7 & OS10 just clicked with me. In fact, my current weekly/monthly drivers are Nokia 808/N9 & BB Z10/Q10. I've had iPhones and Androids before but they've never appealed to me that much. In fact, I can attest that a Samsung Android phone cannot withstand a brick wall at 40-ish mph. Maybe it was slower, or faster. I knew I was pretty pissed at the time, though.

Yeah, I'll be sad if BBRY goes by the wayside. Microsoft is on the downslide and Apple is past it's peak. Soon they'll be treading water. Or they might get lucky and transform themselves like IBM. Maybe in a few years, Samsung might go the way of Nokia because of the emergence of Sailfish or Mobile Firefox. Who really knows.

But hey, life goes on. It ain't like I'm gonna die over it either. There's more important things in life.. you know, like maybe regaining full use of the left side of your body??
    wincyUt likes this.
    09-21-13 10:23 AM
    He's effectively decided to reject reality and is now moving into a twilight world where even when Blackberry themselves explicitly tell you the devices aren't selling that they are wrong and things like statcounter are right.
    I wonder what his username is here? There are many like him.
    aniym and JeepBB like this.
    09-21-13 04:51 PM
    Blair is back with a new article - he's spilling into full-on delusion at this stage:

Putting aside the reference to Statcounter, Blair was right to say that the preliminary report needed further explanation. The revenue recognition method from Qtr1 to Qtr2 was at best murky.
    I don't think he was saying that BlackBerry did not lose money in the 2nd quarter. Sometimes GAAP is subject to different interpretation and therefore can be manipulated or massaged, to a certain degree, to achieve the desired objectives. A detailed report on Sept 27 will definitely help to clear the air.
    Last edited by wincyUt; 09-22-13 at 08:00 AM.
    09-21-13 06:18 PM
    Putting aside the reference to Statcounter, Blair was right to say that the preliminary report needed further explanation. The revenue recognition method from Qtr1 to Qtr3 was at best murky.
    I don't think he was saying that BlackBerry did not lose money in the 3rd quarter. Sometimes GAAP is subject to different interpretation and therefore can be manipulated or massaged, to a certain degree, to achieve the desired objectives. A detailed report on Sept 27 will definitely help to clear the air.
    Yeah.. the longs have been right all along... oh wait... they have been wrong about everything! get Morgan to give you some stock tips you will be rich by tomorrow*

* by rich I mean homeless.
    JeepBB and rigwrecker like this.
    09-21-13 07:26 PM
    Yeah.. the longs have been right all along... oh wait... they have been wrong about everything! get Morgan to give you some stock tips you will be rich by tomorrow*

LOL, sometimes I am wondering they are the same guy. He actually misleaded many if his followers and he was not aware of that.
    09-21-13 10:01 PM
    LOL, sometimes I am wondering they are the same guy. He actually misleaded many if his followers and he was not aware of that.

You can be right on this.... This Morgan don't want to sink alone... He want to bring with him peoples that have a poor judgment & almost NO REAL knowledge about Stock Market...

but but they ask for a Guru... they build a new temple where they can be alone with him....

JeepBB and cgk like this.
    09-21-13 10:06 PM
    Haha. Fortunately I don't need Morgan or any other Analyst to give me stock tips. I have been pretty good on my own. In life sometimes one has to sift through things and pick what's relevant. You just don't discount everything because of preconceived biases... I would like to know of one Analyst that you know that's right 100% of the time. If the shorters were always right then there would be no longs. The financial market is an educated guessing game; nothing is guaranteed otherwise all the financial analysts would be richer than Warren Buffet.

Again what I'm saying is that the prelim report wasn't clear; there is no denial that things don't look good for BlackBerry at the moment.
    May be this extract from another article might help corroborating Morgan's stance.......
    "Since approximately 3.7 million Z10/Q10s were shipped in the previous two quarters, combined Z10/Q10 shipments are probably around 4 million or less with sell-through somewhat less than that. We're estimating that sell-through of the Z10/Q10 is probably over 3 million though since the BlackBerry OS channel inventory has been drawn down for most of the last 2.5 years. As noted by SA author Michael Blair, the sell-through trends for BlackBerry 10 devices are quite unclear, and BlackBerry needs to be more forthcoming about sell-through levels during the Q2 FY2014 conference call. Was sell-through very poor during Q1 FY2014, and improved during Q2 FY2014, but not enough to clear through channel inventory? Or was sell-through at a generally low level throughout both quarters?"

The point is that the financial position of any company should not be subject to various interpretations. It should be clear and concise.

Last edited by wincyUt; 09-22-13 at 07:57 AM.
    cgk likes this.
    09-22-13 07:45 AM
    Blair seeks to be barking to be honest

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4
    09-22-13 08:04 AM
    Which is why you don't listen to the folks at Seeking Alpha.

I listen, just take any news from SA with a salt shaker. Then try to find a source or more reputable site with more of the whole story. Anyways, I have a SA news feed to my email, and when working, I don't always get a chance to get on line, so It gives me a vague idea of what is happening, to a certain extent, sometimes, occasionally...possibly? LOL.
    wincyUt likes this.
    09-22-13 04:07 PM
    His job is safe. He doesn't care.
    His job shouldn't be safe, it should be under the microscope and past 12 months dissected in a pitri dish, and the next 2 dishes are TH & FB
    09-22-13 04:21 PM
    I've only owned, really, two brands of phones - Nokia and Blackberry.
    Please tell us when you get another type of phone so I can short that company
    FinancialP, southlander and aniym like this.
    09-23-13 03:32 AM
    Please tell us when you get another type of phone so I can short that company
    Rofl

Posted via Q10 using CB10
    09-27-13 12:16 AM
    Blair seeks to be barking to be honest

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4
    He is well-known BBRY stock pumper in SA, the other one is some dude from Greece.

But I kind of agree with him on this. If BBRY could cut half of its headcount and replace the CEO with any other(give him stock option like having a strike price of $10), in 2 years, it really has a high chance to see 20+. Just look at BBY, former CEO takeover failed and stock rock from 13 to 40 in 6 months.
    09-27-13 12:31 AM
    He is well-known BBRY stock pumper in SA, the other one is some dude from Greece.

But I kind of agree with him on this. If BBRY could cut half of its headcount and replace the CEO with any other(give him stock option like having a strike price of $10), in 2 years, it really has a high chance to see 20+. Just look at BBY, former CEO takeover failed and stock rock from 13 to 40 in 6 months.
    Your post makes a lot of rational sense but I think there is a point where collectively the markets, customers and media simply decide a company is dead and nothing the company does help it overcomes that irrational perspective - I think BBRY is at that point.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-27-13 02:12 AM
    "BlackBerry is far from dead........"
    09-27-13 01:56 PM
    Lol!! What makes you think that it is dead? Do you know something more than the majority of the shareholders who are still hanging on to their stocks? Nothing is definite in life until it's historical. It ain't over until the fat lady sings.
    Tell me, are you always 100% correct with your predictions? Just curious, because if you are always right, I will need your service in the future.

09-27-13 02:57 PM
47 12