"As a short seller, nothing creates a better investment opportunity than a heavily shorted stock based on a flawed thesis. This creates unique trading opportunities that are relatively infrequent. Citron thinks this unique circumstance now applies to BlackBerry [formerly Research in Motion:"

CitronResearch.com � Andrew Left, Executive Editor » BlackBerry: Why the Shorts and Analysts Have it Wrong

I am simply tempted to touch
    01-21-14 12:05 PM
    Would it help you jump if we throw in some bacon?
    bigbadben10 and kbz1960 like this.
    01-21-14 02:12 PM
    Would it help you jump if we throw in some bacon?
    Lol!! Funny guy. I'm pretty good with my own decision making. Thanks for offering.
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-21-14 02:56 PM
    Yup the shorts are running for the hills. Love it. Look at after hours today.

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    01-21-14 04:29 PM
    I think you'll soon find the shorts are still in love with BBRY. As long as there is no real substance in the current price increases and the future of the company remains uncertain, the volatility in price will continue to be very attractive.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 08:54 PM
    No thanks and no buy for this guy. No new devices anytime soon, + no major developer support + bad earning reports = don't waste your money on this stock. There are a ton of well performing stocks out there, why settle for this?

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    02-03-14 09:11 PM
    No thanks and no buy for this guy. No new devices anytime soon, + no major developer support + bad earning reports = don't waste your money on this stock. There are a ton of well performing stocks out there, why settle for this?
    I thought, the art of stock trading is to buy cheap stock and sell it, when the price is high. So when BBRY is cheap right now and Chens strategy will finally work, then it's not a "waste of money". Is it better to buy BBRY when it's a "well performing" company again? I think this is the moment to sell, because then the price is high, right? Buying expensive stock of companies like AAPL might be a bigger waste of money. It's like buying BBRY 2007...
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    02-04-14 03:38 AM
    I thought, the art of stock trading is to buy cheap stock and sell it, when the price is high.
    This is true, however you don't want to fall into the habit of buying stock just because it's cheap (remember its cheap for a reason). What are the indicators that paints bbry as good investment? Consumers aren't buying their products, carriers aren't pushing their products, not to mention the bleak earning report/reports.

kbz1960 likes this.
    02-04-14 06:12 AM
    This is true, however you don't want to fall into the habit of buying stock just because it's cheap (remember its cheap for a reason). What are the indicators that paints bbry as good investment? Consumers aren't buying their products, carriers aren't pushing their products, not to mention the bleak earning report/reports.

Ah! The only problem with your current reasoning is that BlackBerry is still reliant on devices as its main source of revenue. The truth is that the emphasis has begun to shift; John Chen is changing or has changed their business strategy and focus.
    02-04-14 07:32 AM
    Ah! The only problem with your current reasoning is that BlackBerry is still reliant on devices as its main source of revenue. The truth is that the emphasis has begun to shift; John Chen is changing or has changed their business strategy and focus.
    Into what? A business that made billions selling phones to a business that sells ????. Dreams

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 07:48 AM
    Into what? A business that made billions selling phones to a business that sells ????. Dreams

Posted via CB10
    Dreams? Enterprise, MDM, QNX are not dreams. They are real and tangible. Also these entities are profitable. A profit is a profit regardless of the amount.
    Most people who make money, go against the grain. NO GUTS NO GLORY
    02-04-14 08:38 AM
    Dreams? Enterprise, MDM, QNX are not dreams. They are real and tangible. Also these entities are profitable. A profit is a profit regardless of the amount.
    Most people who make money, go against the grain. NO GUTS NO GLORY
    Profitable maybe... able to support a multi billion dollar enterprise and the valuation of BBRY stocks??? NO.

Go look at any of the earning reports and the is a section of Software and Services... VERY small portion of BlackBerry's business even now.

QNX is currently a BIG fish in a very small pond that is notorious for small margins. Enterprise and MDM have seen huge cuts in the margins that BlackBerry once could ask for licensing - never mind that their MDM is built around Hardware devices. They have to license everything to manage iOS and Android and currently can not manage Microsoft devices - so they aren't a true multiplatform supplier. BBMx was the other big "dream", but I think most everyone realizes the dream is fading.

But there is money to be made in BBRY Stock, you just have to know when to BUY and when to SELL and not let your emotions confuse your love and desires for the brand with the facts of business. BlackBerry may have a new captain at the helm, and this has given investors some confidence and allowed the stock to rise.... but in truth they ship is still sinking and confidence will only last so long. Maybe Chen can get them to shallow waters... the smart move is to get in a life boat while you can.
    02-04-14 09:16 AM
    8 more quarters of losses coming, before chen is expecting cash flow positive. This is a 5 billion dollar pipe dream. Should be trading at 3 bucks. Probably will be in 6 months

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 09:59 AM
    8 more quarters of losses coming, before chen is expecting cash flow positive. This is a 5 billion dollar pipe dream. Should be trading at 3 bucks. Probably will be in 6 months

Posted via CB10
    Thor like to say that it would take time to turn things around also..... but they cut his time short.

Chen doesn't have 18 months to turn things around, he has maybe till the end of this year for signs of a turn around. GROWTH or at least the least stopping of the subscriber losses that BlackBerry has been experiencing will be required long before the positive cash flow is seen.
    02-04-14 10:23 AM
    We shall see in the future when some people say "damn I should have bought BlackBerry when it was less than $10"

Posted from Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1925
    wincyUt likes this.
    02-04-14 10:30 AM
    I believe that this year will be the make it or break it year.. they've got a great opportunity, and I don't think more opportunities will arise after this one if they 'mess' it up

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 10:52 AM
    I believe that this year will be the make it or break it year.. they've got a great opportunity, and I don't think more opportunities will arise after this one if they 'mess' it up

Posted via CB10
    I quite agree.
    02-04-14 03:58 PM
    Profitable maybe... able to support a multi billion dollar enterprise and the valuation of BBRY stocks??? NO.

Go look at any of the earning reports and the is a section of Software and Services... VERY small portion of BlackBerry's business even now.

QNX is currently a BIG fish in a very small pond that is notorious for small margins. Enterprise and MDM have seen huge cuts in the margins that BlackBerry once could ask for licensing - never mind that their MDM is built around Hardware devices. They have to license everything to manage iOS and Android and currently can not manage Microsoft devices - so they aren't a true multiplatform supplier. BBMx was the other big "dream", but I think most everyone realizes the dream is fading.

But there is money to be made in BBRY Stock, you just have to know when to BUY and when to SELL and not let your emotions confuse your love and desires for the brand with the facts of business. BlackBerry may have a new captain at the helm, and this has given investors some confidence and allowed the stock to rise.... but in truth they ship is still sinking and confidence will only last so long. Maybe Chen can get them to shallow waters... the smart move is to get in a life boat while you can.
    There are two ways to look at things in life: "Is the glass half empty or half full". Only time will tell.
    02-04-14 04:02 PM
    There are two types of people in this world:

1) those who can extrapolate a message from incomplete information

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    02-04-14 08:23 PM
    There are two types of people in this world:

1) those who can extrapolate a message from incomplete information

and where is #2 type?
    Oh, are your links not working on purpose?
    02-04-14 08:52 PM
    and where is #2 type?
    02-04-14 09:29 PM
    02-04-14 09:39 PM
    and where is #2 type?
    They work for me.

Are you trying to use them from a BlackBerry? Because they are links to bbm channels.

02-04-14 09:40 PM
    They work for me.

Are you trying to use them from a BlackBerry? Because they are links to bbm channels.

no wonder.
    02-04-14 09:49 PM