Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 117
Like Tree82Likes
  1. Itstakenovermylife's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    704 Posts
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default BBRY Halted!! News Pending!!

    Here we go!
  2. Sith_Apprentice's Avatar
    Mod Team Emeritus

    Posts
    10,164 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,167 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often
    #2  

    Default

    Moved to BBRY forum. Lets hope this is good news and not the latest string of news that BB has had!
    ~S_A
    All views and opinions here are my own, and do not represent any views, opinions, or official communications either actual or implied of my employer.
  3. Itstakenovermylife's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    704 Posts
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    A halt is usually material. Fingers crossed!
  4. Sith_Apprentice's Avatar
    Mod Team Emeritus

    Posts
    10,164 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,167 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often
    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Itstakenovermylife View Post
    A halt is usually material. Fingers crossed!
    Oh yes, but it has been halted when the stock was in free fall before as well hah

    I am hopeful for some good news as well.
    ~S_A
    All views and opinions here are my own, and do not represent any views, opinions, or official communications either actual or implied of my employer.
    Thanked by 2:
    pkcable (08-12-2013),  Revampd (08-13-2013) 
    stusue likes this.
  5. edu3110's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    670 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Am I missing something?

    Posted via CB10
  6. neoberry99's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    279 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
    Oh yes, but it has been halted when the stock was in free fall before as well hah

    I am hopeful for some good news as well.
    Yea I just saw the news a moment ago. I searched the Internet and I wasn't able to find any more information about it. I hope everything is well.
    For marijuana news, strain reviews, and pot humor join channel: C000A8BE4.

    Down with BB since the RIM 950!!

    Π Λ Φ |MI DB|
  7. njblackberry's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,947 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,079 Global Posts
    #8  
  8. theRock1975's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    892 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edu3110 View Post
    Am I missing something?

    Posted via CB10
    Big news coming any minute.

    Posted via CB10
  9. Toodeurep's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,269 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,270 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wooden Shoe Like to Know;)
    #11  

    Default

    I guess this is news
    Nothing is so common as is the goal to be remarkable
  10. njblackberry's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,947 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,079 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Just confirmed the well leaked rumors from Friday. They officially put the company in play.

    Actually, no news at all. Big or otherwise. Other than Prem Watsa left the board.
    Thanked by 2:
    hkftl (08-12-2013),  Toodeurep (08-12-2013) 
  11. Sith_Apprentice's Avatar
    Mod Team Emeritus

    Posts
    10,164 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,167 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by njblackberry View Post
    Just confirmed the well leaked rumors from Friday. They officially put the company in play.

    Actually, no news at all. Big or otherwise. Other than Prem Watsa left the board.
    Yes, this does appear to be the reason, though a partnership would be helpful. I just cant see who would partner with them at this point. What benefit would they have to partnering?
    ~S_A
    All views and opinions here are my own, and do not represent any views, opinions, or official communications either actual or implied of my employer.
    Thanked by 2:
    1magine (08-12-2013),  Blacklatino (08-12-2013) 
    Blacklatino, 1magine and boi2012 like this.
  12. Toodeurep's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,269 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,270 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wooden Shoe Like to Know;)
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by njblackberry View Post
    Just confirmed the well leaked rumors from Friday. They officially put the company in play.

    Actually, no news at all. Big or otherwise. Other than Prem Watsa left the board.
    Odd, I would think that all orgs have a committee looking into "strategic alternatives". Prem leaving can be spun 20 different ways. Maybe he could form a group, buy BB and take it private would be my guess.
    Nothing is so common as is the goal to be remarkable
  13. edu3110's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    670 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theRock1975 View Post
    Big news coming any minute.

    Posted via CB10
    CNBC?

    Posted via CB10
  14. njblackberry's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,947 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,079 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Did you bother to read the links already posted? The news is known.
  15. MrHomz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    124 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    According to Globe and Mail, they are putting themselves up for sale and using JPMorgan & Chase to handle it. Trading will resume in about 10 minutes.
    Sent from the Hubble Telescope using my BlackBerry Zed Ten Cellular Telephone.
  16. Sith_Apprentice's Avatar
    Mod Team Emeritus

    Posts
    10,164 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,167 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toodeurep View Post
    Odd, I would think that all orgs have a committee looking into "strategic alternatives". Prem leaving can be spun 20 different ways. Maybe he could form a group, buy BB and take it private would be my guess.
    Prem is leaving because he may or may not have a conflict of interest. If the company is going up for sale, he is a very large share holder (well his company), and while they have "no immediate plans" to sell their shares, doesn't mean they wont. And it is possible Prem could want to take the company private, but that is a TON of money to invest in something that has not shown much if any return at this point.
    ~S_A
    All views and opinions here are my own, and do not represent any views, opinions, or official communications either actual or implied of my employer.
    Thanked by 2:
    1magine (08-12-2013),  Blacklatino (08-12-2013) 
  17. theRock1975's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    892 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    I like that they said they want to accelerate bb10 deployment through this committee and JP Morgan.

    Licensing bb10 to other companies is a good move imo.


    Posted via CB10
  18. F1 JV's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    14 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    CNBC and Bloomberg love taking shots at BlackBerry even after taking their advertising dollars.

    I like Tom Keene & Joe Kernen except for the constant digs/smirks at an innovative company that is not expecting anything extra for advertising on their shows/channels but fair coverage.

    BlackBerry has had to grin and bear it...they need to advertise to business professionals, a core customer base. BB10 will end the joking...in time.


    Peugeot 505 STI Peugeot 405 Mi16 Honda s2000...Chevrolet Corvette C7
  19. Tre Lawrence's Avatar
    Between Realities

    Posts
    12,272 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,123 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
    Prem is leaving because he may or may not have a conflict of interest. If the company is going up for sale, he is a very large share holder (well his company), and while they have "no immediate plans" to sell their shares, doesn't mean they wont. And it is possible Prem could want to take the company private, but that is a TON of money to invest in something that has not shown much if any return at this point.
    I just asked about Prem's stepping down in another thread. Good perspective.
  20. MrHomz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    124 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Looks like shares are up in pre-trading...71 cents so far on the TSX..
    Sent from the Hubble Telescope using my BlackBerry Zed Ten Cellular Telephone.
  21. smoothrunnings's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,587 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,635 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    "BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSX:BB), a world leader in the mobile communications market, today announced that the Company’s Board of Directors has formed a Special Committee to explore strategic alternatives to enhance value and increase scale in order to accelerate BlackBerry 10 deployment. These alternatives could include, among others, possible joint ventures, strategic partnerships or alliances, a sale of the Company or other possible transactions."

    This is not good news when they use works like "a of the company" in their press release. It tells the share holders the company is on the brink of bankruptcy and they have been lying to the media and their shareholders just how much money they have on hand. This will of course come out in the coming weeks just how much they lied.
  22. Tre Lawrence's Avatar
    Between Realities

    Posts
    12,272 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,123 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smoothrunnings View Post
    "BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSX:BB), a world leader in the mobile communications market, today announced that the Company’s Board of Directors has formed a Special Committee to explore strategic alternatives to enhance value and increase scale in order to accelerate BlackBerry 10 deployment. These alternatives could include, among others, possible joint ventures, strategic partnerships or alliances, a sale of the Company or other possible transactions."

    This is not good news when they use works like "a of the company" in their press release. It tells the share holders the company is on the brink of bankruptcy and they have been lying to the media and their shareholders just how much money they have on hand. This will of course come out in the coming weeks just how much they lied.
    I am putting my bright orange Naive Cap on right now, but they couldn't dare lie about cash, could they?
    Thanked by:
    Blacklatino (08-12-2013) 
    Blacklatino and Rowan M like this.
  23. smoothrunnings's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,587 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,635 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tre Lawrence View Post
    I am putting my bright orange Naive Cap on right now, but they couldn't dare lie about cash, could they?
    Why couldn't they? Commodore did before they went under, and it came out after they filed for bankruptcy just how cash strapped they were as all their financials had to be made public at that point.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 168
    Last Post: 11-16-2013, 01:51 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-13-2013, 11:36 PM
  3. BBC NEWS report of BlackBerry stock soaring.
    By JamieWilson01 in forum BBRY
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 03:49 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-10-2013, 01:31 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-09-2013, 03:02 PM

Posting Permissions