View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    WOW!!!!... Is that the same guy or did RIM kidnap him, make a clone and release it??? I simply cannot believe the change in sentiment from him! Then again, his boss' could have sat him down and told him not to be such a twit and recognize what's going on here so we can all make more money
    I agree. He had a $5 price target on RIMM not too long ago.
    01-16-13 05:39 PM
    I agree. He had a $5 price target on RIMM not too long ago.
    And $900 on APPL.... oops....
    01-16-13 05:41 PM
    WOW these people would slice their grandmothers open for a dollar. Shorts are on the ropes and they are in a panic. Hold
    My grandmother cringed when this was written.
    coldsword likes this.
    01-16-13 06:15 PM
    There is clear sailing all the way to $ 22.50/shr provided we don't try to get there too fast. Yesterdays trade was perfect, it envolved backing up on light volume and taking shares out of weak hands.
    How did you calculate 22.50? I'd like to learn how.

Thanks for your help.
    01-16-13 06:20 PM
    guys I know everyone here is excited but don't get too over. There is always risk and besides, don't give pressure on morganplus8. We're getting professional analysis for FREE.
    01-16-13 06:50 PM
    Misek is a market maker so his 'analysis' is important. My take on the video clip:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-misek.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-misek2.jpg
    01-16-13 06:55 PM
    Gotta love analysts..."I hate you"...no, we can make money “I love you"..."seriously, I Love You!!"...good stuff indeed!!
    01-16-13 07:25 PM
    How did you calculate 22.50? I'd like to learn how.

Thanks for your help.
    Sorry if I can`t respond to every post, I will try to read them all and get something out to you as we approach the launch date.

Here is a chart of the previous 8 months, there are captions to help you identify groups of resistance.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-jan-16b-2012-chart.jpg

We are actually blasting through an area of resistance without too much trouble here. I like to see the stock slow down and save the fireworks for the last week in January. And so we are on target here and trading perfectly so far. I think we can make it all the way to $ 22.50-shr if we take our time. What I can`t show you right now is a 5-year chart that shows the high of the stock in 2008 followed by several attempts to turn bullish again. In other words, RIM has been in a bearish downward channel since 2008, and, do you know what .................. it is about to breakout of that negative channel for the first time, if we can clear $ 15.20 share and hold it. And so briefly, our upward short-term channel is gaining in height every day so that by the time we get to Jan 31 it will indicate $ 18.00 a share as our safe target. Likewise, the 2008 downtrend is dropping off every day and so $ 15.00 would be a breakout. Shorts will cover by the millions if we can clear that umber. GL
    01-16-13 07:32 PM
    Talking Numbers: Can RIM's Rally Continue? - CNBC (what a moron. You can see this guys looks very worried and willing to say anything.
    He looked really nervous actually lol he almost swallowed his tongue when the other guy suggested that the stock is going to keep climbing. He must have a big short position.
    01-16-13 07:43 PM
    The problem with a massive breakouts is that there's some deep pockets that can keep this from happening, at least for a while.
    01-16-13 07:55 PM
    Thanks for chart and info. I agree 100% with you. Today's pull back after day high is actually good thing as we want some juice to be left before launch. Remember that market gets it right most of the time and that is why it knew in 2008 and we hope it does now as well. It seems to be the begining of the BULL market for RIM and it will continue as long as execution and marketing done well. The product is nice but you need other elements to succedd. I think $17-20 is in print before launch.
    Remember apple earning next week and it will have affect on RIM shares. If apple does not report super good earning then it will fall and that money will come to RIM. Historically RIM goes up when apple goes down. I thing Apple longs are trying hard but I do not think it will make it to $700 this year.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    01-16-13 08:07 PM
    [QUOTE=morganplus8;7861327]Sorry if I can`t respond to every post, I will try to read them all and get something out to you as we approach the launch date.

Here is a chart of the previous 8 months, there are captions to help you identify groups of resistance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIM Jan 16B 2012 Chart.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	131585
    Thanks for the effort...always fun to learn, appreciated!
    01-16-13 08:17 PM
    Thanks for the explanation. So my specific question now is: Why are you considering resistance areas of the downward slope of the long term 5yr selloff as resistance as the stock makes it's way back up the numbers? Is there a logical relationship between resistances going up and going down?
    01-17-13 02:49 AM
    I bought 1000 shares of RIM today...I believe the stock will end up at $45-50 before July.
    01-17-13 04:06 AM
    I own 6800 shares but I am not waiting for it to hit $45-50 in July.

I think I will cash out at the peak right after introduction of the BB10 devices as if there is something wrong with them . . . . . .
    01-17-13 06:29 AM
    I think I will cash out at the peak right after introduction of the BB10 devices as if there is something wrong with them . . . . . .
    It's probably wise.
    But I believe it'll be all right. And I stick to my strategy. Hold until it gets crazy.
    01-17-13 06:32 AM
    Thanks for the explanation. So my specific question now is: Why are you considering resistance areas of the downward slope of the long term 5yr selloff as resistance as the stock makes it's way back up the numbers? Is there a logical relationship between resistances going up and going down?
    I am in no way a technical analysis aficionado, but my guess is those specific area highlighted as resistance points are areas in the past where there was greater net buying of the stock. The theory is that these shareholders are still holding the stock at a loss, waiting for the share price to return to their buying point in order to unload it without realizing a loss.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    01-17-13 07:28 AM

Probably a good idea. Positive momentum/speculation is driving this higher, and I don't see anything stopping it until the launch date. After that, it's anyones guess as to what happens.
    01-17-13 07:30 AM
    what's the buzz for this morning?
    opening dip or gain?
    01-17-13 07:55 AM
    premarket is up in US. TSX bid/asks are actually higher than Nasdaq right now (weird) - $15.00 in Canadia
    01-17-13 07:58 AM
    Nasdaq up w/ some 4000+ trades ...
    http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/rimm/premarket
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    01-17-13 08:00 AM
    i am now the proud owner of 2500 shares in RIM!
    01-17-13 08:42 AM
    All I know is that they are offering a training program. They are serious about stepping it up in the right places! And congrats to all the guys that are jumping on board with shares!
    01-17-13 08:47 AM
    I guess I lied about not playing the stock any more. Couldn't help it. Sold half of my position, looking for lower re-entry to pick up some more shares. I suck.
    cjcampbell and Alexander Tran like this.
    01-17-13 08:51 AM
    I guess I lied about not playing the stock any more. Couldn't help it. Sold half of my position, looking for lower re-entry to pick up some more shares. I suck.
    You need rehab'
    BThunderW likes this.
    01-17-13 08:59 AM
113,251 ... 7374757677 ...