View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    BMO needs to fire that dummy and hire Morgan,lol.

I can just imagine the cooler talk at BMO today, too funny.

I'm gonna start calling Morgan "The Prophet".

Stock hit his analysis target of 13.50 a couple of hours after he posted hahaha
    morganplus8, Lehomer and bungaboy like this.
    01-11-13 02:55 PM
    voulume traded today 110 million shares. seems like a lot as of lately
    01-11-13 03:00 PM
    WOW....$13.56 close.
    01-11-13 03:01 PM
    Hey Morgan,

I have been trying to send you a PM but am unsure as to whether it went or not.

Cheers,

Ben
    01-11-13 04:39 PM
    I can only imagine how many shorts crapped their pants when the stock flew past $15 in afterhours on the day of the quarterly report.
    I can only imagine how many longs crapped their pants when the stock did a reversal and dropped to $11-$12 in afterhours on the day of the quarterly report. lol
    01-11-13 11:44 PM
    I can only imagine how many longs crapped their pants when the stock did a reversal and dropped to $11-$12 in afterhours on the day of the quarterly report. lol
    Many didn't as they had a long term strategy and saw these predictable (expected) waggles as opportunities to get more shares at cheaper price . It has been a very instructive moment, notably to check the low resistance (sry, may be an inappropriate term, but I guess most will understand tough) and gain some extra-confidence. And they got rewarded for that. I like when finance is virtuous (i.e: stick to the economic reality).
    Vision and calm.
    01-12-13 05:33 AM
    FYI, after hours looks stable
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    01-12-13 06:46 AM
    No we didn't . You know why? Like I have been saying the selling in RIM has all been FAKE. When I say FAKE i mean short selling and the short numbers prove it. I will also say that when the new numbers come out(end of the month) the short interest will even be higher (short numbers are two weeks behide). That FAKE drop was shorts selling in AH to create a FAKE panic and manipulate the SP down . ER was BEYOND great and the criminals picked on an old issues which Thor already explained to analysts months ago. The amount of manipulation on RIM is something I have NEVER seen on anyother stock that I traded/owned. I have my theories as to who and how but the thought police would be after me.
    01-12-13 09:46 AM
    No we didn't . You know why? Like I have been saying the selling in RIM has all been FAKE. When I say FAKE i mean short selling and the short numbers prove it. I will also say that when the new numbers come out(end of the month) the short interest will even be higher (short numbers are two weeks behide). That FAKE drop was shorts selling in AH to create a FAKE panic and manipulate the SP down . ER was BEYOND great and the criminals picked on an old issues which Thor already explained to analysts months ago. The amount of manipulation on RIM is something I have NEVER seen on anyother stock that I traded/owned. I have my theories as to who and how but the thought police would be after me.
    Short interest numbers for Dec 31st are already out. That should give a good indication of the short interest post earnings when the price was $11 or so.
    ---> http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ml#post7840558
    You're right that it did go even higher, but not that much dramatically higher.
    01-12-13 10:35 AM
    Help me understand this: let's say, there occurs a short squeeze. Shorts end up buying stocks at losses and this drives stock price further up. And let's say, short interest (after short squeeze) reduces to something like 5% (from current 25%+).

All these shorts that bought stocks to cover their position are now share-holders. So, wouldn't it be in their best interest to now start rooting for RIM? To go from being bearish to bullish? If price goes up high enough, they'll have made their money back or at least cut some losses.
    01-12-13 05:24 PM
    No. When a short holder buys back the stock, their net holding is 0. They're simply covering the initial sale of the stock.

So let's say they short (sell) 1000 shares. Their net is -1000 shares of stock. When they cover, they simply buy the 1000 shares of stock. Now it's possible that instead they buy 2000 shares of stock in which case they are bullish because they are now net 1000 shares.

Help me understand this: let's say, there occurs a short squeeze. Shorts end up buying stocks at losses and this drives stock price further up. And let's say, short interest (after short squeeze) reduces to something like 5% (from current 25%+).

All these shorts that bought stocks to cover their position are now share-holders. So, wouldn't it be in their best interest to now start rooting for RIM? To go from being bearish to bullish? If price goes up high enough, they'll have made their money back or at least cut some losses.
    01-12-13 05:44 PM
    I will try to explain this for you. You come to my house and you see I have new TV. I am leaving for the weekend so I say to you ,"Feel free to do as you wish my TV" . (play games, watch it etc, NOTE you will be responsible for cable bills etc though ( ie dividends if applicable). ) You say great .I then leave for the weekend.Now I have told you that I paid $1000.00 for my TV, and you see that the same TV is on sale at Best Buy for $ 800.00. So you box up my TV take the receipt and head to BestBuy and return my TV (which you have borrowed) and get the full $1000.00 back. You walk out and walk back in and now buy back the TV for $800.00. You return the TV to my house and all is fine, and you have made $200.00.
    Now..........same scenario except you have now returned the TV and have the $1000.00 and decide to go for lunch . After eating you go back to BestBuy and head to the TV department to grab the TV for $800.00. But guess what ? They are now sold out and you are SOL.You look all over and cannot find the TV anywhere in the city for even $1000.00 now ! The cheapest you can find is $1200.00 . You know I will be back in town and be expecting my TV (not the $1000.00 I paid for it) tomorrow. You bite the bullet and pay the $1200.00 to replace the original TV you had borrowed from me, and you are now down $200.00.
    So you see, when the short position is covered, they are just replacing the shares they borrowed and then sold.
    Hope this helps.

[...

Last edited by Lehomer; 01-12-13 at 09:42 PM.
    01-12-13 06:06 PM
    Nasdaq.com's Real-Time quotes screen is showing $17.92 as the price of Rimm right now.

What's going on??
    plane6065 likes this.
    01-12-13 06:11 PM
    Ya , I saw that earlier today , oddly dated Jan 10th too . I have no idea what that is about

Nasdaq.com's Real-Time quotes screen is showing $17.92 as the price of Rimm right now.

What's going on??
    01-12-13 06:15 PM
    I'm holding mine until around Jan of 2018. Should give ample time for the platform to mature and expand into their new marketspaces.

(I'm hoping for the stock to split and hit $1000 by then. Apple could have gotten there eventually, but they're hitting a dead end wrt innovation. Phones and tablets and TVs, pffft. Go big or go home. )
    01-12-13 06:36 PM
    Not. Sure. If. Serious.

(I'm hoping for the stock to split and hit $1000 by then. Apple could have gotten there eventually, but they're hitting a dead end wrt innovation. Phones and tablets and TVs, pffft. Go big or go home. )[/QUOTE]
    01-12-13 08:49 PM
    Thanks, BThunderW and Lehomer .

Okay, so once shorts are all covered (or significantly reduced), there would be less downward manipulation on stocks, I guess. If big-fish has nothing to gain by knocking RIM's stock down, it'll leave it will alone and go somewhere else. I mean, if big investors like BMO, CIBC, Goldman etc. are betting that stock price will go down, they obviously will (and did) try to keep the price down. But once they have covered their shorts, they would no longer need to spend time manipulating RIM stock price/spreading negative rumours etc.
    01-12-13 08:52 PM
    LOL. Not that simple. If the price is inflated because of short squeeze you KNOW it'll correct down, so what does a smart investor do? You guessed it, short the stock.

Thanks, BThunderW and Lehomer .

Okay, so once shorts are all covered (or significantly reduced), there would be less downward manipulation on stocks, I guess. If big-fish has nothing to gain by knocking RIM's stock down, it'll leave it will alone and go somewhere else. I mean, if big investors like BMO, CIBC, Goldman etc. are betting that stock price will go down, they obviously will (and did) try to keep the price down. But once they have covered their shorts, they would no longer need to spend time manipulating RIM stock price/spreading negative rumours etc.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-12-13 09:10 PM
    LOL. Not that simple. If the price is inflated because of short squeeze you KNOW it'll correct down, so what does a smart investor do? You guessed it, short the stock.
    To add to that, the opposite manipulation can also occur. When a stock goes up and up some people go into a buying frenzy, so you can push the stock price higher by releasing false optimistic news or just by buying large amounts of the stock and then when it reaches a peak, you short it. When people realize it's going up for no reason or reports are wrong, it will correct down.

In the world of stocks, anything can happen! ANYTHING!

What's going on??
    Strangely, $ 17.96 is the 52 week high. Perhaps a glitch in the system that somehow pulled the Jan 10, 2012 stock quote?
    01-12-13 10:34 PM
    13 more trading days before launch.

Good luck to everyone! (except the shorts...)
    01-14-13 02:04 AM
    FYI. Prems' activism is here.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    bungaboy, BThunderW and Lehomer like this.
    01-14-13 03:19 AM
    Pre Market 07:18 am

$13.79 +0.23 ^1.7%
    01-14-13 06:21 AM
    Like i said on Friday now is not the time to time the market. how many people throw away their shares for a song as RIMM ROARS higher!
    Last edited by mrfreetruth; 01-14-13 at 08:50 AM.
    01-14-13 08:36 AM
    $14.56, up $1 or 7.37%.
    01-14-13 08:37 AM
    Looks like it might bust through $15 today.
    01-14-13 08:46 AM
113,256 ... 6566676869 ...