View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I just feel like BB has brand recognition... as an old phone. I knew bb long before BB10 was out. Seeing a logo doesnt change that impression. thats whats killing BBRY Not whether ppl know their name
    04-04-13 03:03 PM
    Where did you see Wranglers advertising?
    OMG.... hahahaahahahahaha....
    04-04-13 03:04 PM
    I understand your point. Their is a small portion of the population that is frugal and not imprssionable. But there is a larger portion that is glutenous and very impressionable. Enter.... Apple and Samsung marketing budgets.
    Yes but Apple and Samsung ran COMMERCIALS they didnt just say heres an apple logo do you know us now? They have the recognition as a "cool" company. they can do that with their logo, BBRy is not there yet. First they need a new image, then they can plaster their logo everywhere and have a more positive advertising affect.
    Too bad . . . . so sad.

Only in Canada . . . . pity LoL

iPods face new tax under budget tariff changes
    MIKE MOFFATT
    The Globe and Mail
    Published Thursday, Apr. 04 2013, 12:56 PM EDT
    Last updated Thursday, Apr. 04 2013, 1:16 PM EDT

One of the estimated 1,290 tariff increases in Budget 2013 is on tariff code 8519.81.29, which includes a number of digital music players. Products that fall under this code, from the 72 countries that are losing their General Protective Tariff status (which include China, South Korea, Malaysia and Indonesia), will see their tariffs rise to 5 per cent from zero on Jan. 1, 2015.

The complicating factor is that this tariff increase only affects some digital media players, because not all devices that play digital music fall under this code. A Blackberry, for instance, while it can play digital music, would be considered a cellular phone under the tariff code and not be subject to the tariff increase. A device such as an iPad that plays videos as well as music would also fall under a different category.
    Work with me here. let's say you walked into a store and found two products that were similarly priced and of similar quality. if you were familiar with one logo and not the other logo, your brain would prefer the one you are familiar with, it a natural consequence of in-group/out-group thinking. You'll always side with the familiar.
    Not arguing that point at all, but I do see his point as well. Hate to keep using my daughter as an example but when she lived at home it was name brand items only. Now that she's trying to make it on her own she's very frugal and thinks things through before purchasing. I think we're all pretty much understanding each other's point though.
    04-04-13 03:05 PM
    Work with me here. let's say you walked into a store and found two products that were similarly priced and of similar quality. if you were familiar with one logo and not the other logo, your brain would prefer the one you are familiar with, it a natural consequence of in-group/out-group thinking. You'll always side with the familiar.
    I would prefer the one with a logo that i would think is a better product. BBRY does not have a logo that says that. So its an irrelevant point last year before i was invested in BBRY and researched them, on my own which most ppl my age wont, If you put a BBRY and Samsung phone side byside I would go samsung regardless of how much I saw BBRY's logo. You arent getting the point. BBRY has recognition as an old phone its not whether people recognize the logo its what they think of it when they see it
    04-04-13 03:09 PM
    what do wrangler jeans and logos have to so with stock price?
    fedakd likes this.
    04-04-13 03:10 PM
    Talking about brand building and marketing. Brand building is important. Out of sight, out of mind is age old, time-tested mantra! So, BlackBerry should REALLY come up with (cost efficient) marketing strategies and make sure that their brand name is out there.

That said, here is what that BRAND BUILDING should go hand-in-hand with:

Putting your logo out there will catch some people's eye and it might get some (BlackBerry related) conversations started. But what is the tone of that conversation going to be? Positive? Negative? Neutral? I think controlling (or influencing) that conversational-tone is EXTREMELY important. BlackBerry should ensure that when people see their brands plastered all over, they start a (positive) conversation!

How can you do that? I am not sure of all the ways. But one major way of getting positive impressions is this: give your end-users what they REALLY want. Full-fill THEIR needs! And your customer won't have anything but positive things to say about it. At any conversation (that may get sparked by seeing BlackBerry logo somewhere), a happy customer will talk about his/her positive experience, promote BlackBerry's brand and might result into a word-of-mouth sale!

And I think this is where BlackBerry is somewhat lacking. They produced a GREAT OS ! It's the best smartphone right now. But it's produced the same way as most other smartphones are: that is a product manager figures out what features are important, prioritizes them, and implements them.

I am sure product manager engages focus groups and other market research methods to gather end-user's requirements. But I get the feeling that these groups/market research firms are missing out on a lot of feedback. They want to TELL their end-users what features they need; instead of ASKING their end-users what features they REALLY need.

So, I think, the single most important thing BlackBerry can do is this:
    -> figure out a way to collect direct feedback from your end-users. For eg: they could ask their customers to opt-in to their BetaZone site.
    -> Once you've all this feedback, have an internal (BlackBerry) team triage this mountain of feedback and sort it into feature-requests and bug-reports
    -> Identify top 50 most-requested features / top 50 bug-reports.
    -> Then commit to implementing them in an accelerated time frame (say 4 to 8 weeks).

Right now, there are a lot of Z10 customers that are happy with their Z10s (I am one of the happy ones too) but we could be happier. We could go from being happy to being INSANELY HAPPY. Sometimes I wish, something worked differently or that I had ability to do X, Y and Z. And I wish to provide feedback to BlackBerry. I post here on CrackBerry. I also post on BlackBerry official forums. I also tweet their product manager, dev relations and other folks from time to time. But it's not a two-way communication.

- In their official forums - nobody official responds to feedback.
    - On twitter - if they respond, their answers are very vague. If they have good news, it seems to be a perpetual case of over-promise, under-deliver. 4 app-updates coming today. 2 hours later.. sorry, only 2 coming. 2 have been delayed. And so on.

If for any reason, BlackBerry doesn't want to do it officially, maybe they could engage CrackBerry team to collect end-user feedback on their behalf? I posted my suggestion to CrackBerry team here on this thread (although it hasn't received any responses yet, you can read it here - http://forums.crackberry.com/general...eports-791699/ )

Basically, I want BlackBerry to do two things:
    1. Get your logo/name out there - this will start some conversations.
    2. And to ensure that these conversations are POSITIVE (not negative, dismissive) -- make YOUR existing customers INSANELY HAPPY by providing a two-way communication mechanism. Where end-user submit feature-requests, BlackBerry sorts and prioritizes top requests and commits to implementing them in an accelerated time-frame of < 8 weeks.
    Markymark 23 likes this.
    04-04-13 03:13 PM
    what do wrangler jeans and logos have to so with stock price?
    With recognition comes sales, with sales come profit, with profit comes higher sp
    04-04-13 03:13 PM
    Yes but Apple and Samsung ran COMMERCIALS they didnt just say heres an apple logo do you know us now? They have the recognition as a "cool" company. they can do that with their logo, BBRy is not there yet. First they need a new image, then they can plaster their logo everywhere and have a more positive advertising affect.
    Actually they did, with the introduction of the iPod, "look we're Apple we crapped the bed for the last decade and borrowed $$ from our direct competitor to stay alive and we have this great new product, with our logo on it" THEN they ran commercials and advertising.

It's happening every day. BlackBerry is increasing brand recogntion and keeping people engage with TV spots. IT HAS TO BE DONE SLOWLY, they're not going to win the race overnight, and they know this. Slow and methodical.
    cjcampbell and Bugmapper like this.
    04-04-13 03:14 PM
    i'm out.
    wake me up when we get back on topic.
    04-04-13 03:15 PM
    With recognition comes sales, with sales come profit, with profit comes higher sp
    Im just not sure that thats the right order. I agree with what your saying. But i think BB needs to have better Brand IMAGE then they can work on bombarding the public with their logo
    04-04-13 03:17 PM
    Actually they did, with the introduction of the iPod, "look we're Apple we crapped the bed for the last decade and borrowed $$ from our direct competitor to stay alive and we have this great new product, with our logo on it" THEN they ran commercials and advertising.

It's happening every day. BlackBerry is increasing brand recogntion and keeping people engage with TV spots. IT HAS TO BE DONE SLOWLY, they're not going to win the race overnight, and they know this. Slow and methodical.
    I have prime time on every night Ive seen 2 commercials... thats not a campaign to me. If i was the average purchaser Id still be buying Samsung. You can hate on what I say all you want but I am representative of most people my age. We watch prime time, we like flashy campaign commercials and we buy what is cool if and when we can afford it. seeing a logo on a car isnt whats gonna peak interest over whats currently on the market and we are used to and what we have seen to be a pretty good product already
    Markymark 23 likes this.
    04-04-13 03:20 PM
    i'm out.
    wake me up when we get back on topic.
    Wait, we can begin a new topic!

What will BB/BBRY stock movement be for tomorrow??
    04-04-13 03:27 PM
    Another "not too bad but it could have been better" day. Focus on the positive....we're going into the CNBC championship tomorrow 'cause we're clearly going to win the BBRY/FB square off.

"One of these days Alice"..........is where we're going. Just got to be patient I guess. Don't forget to vote tomorrow and I'm into the booze as of NOW!!
    04-04-13 03:27 PM
    "In this country,first you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the woman."
    04-04-13 03:35 PM
    Wait, we can begin a new topic!

What will BB/BBRY stock movement be for tomorrow??
    I'm really hoping we see $16 tomorrow. I doubt it though unless there's some positive news released.
    04-04-13 03:36 PM
    Another "not too bad but it could have been better" day. Focus on the positive....we're going into the CNBC championship tomorrow 'cause we're clearly going to win the BBRY/FB square off.

"One of these days Alice"..........is where we're going. Just got to be patient I guess. Don't forget to vote tomorrow and I'm into the booze as of NOW!!
    Dang, you must be two hours ahead of me. After today, I'm definately going to get a cold one, or two, or three....
    04-04-13 03:37 PM
    Not much happening today, guess we have to wait until the Q10 launch. Unless there is surprise news coming out!
    04-04-13 03:38 PM
    I keep telling myself that my days will be a lot better once I can relocate to Colorado Springs (looking for a job there) and BBRY is over the $40 mark.
    04-04-13 03:40 PM
    Not much happening today, guess we have to wait until the Q10 launch. Unless there is surprise news coming out!
    Don't say that Kid, my day has really been bad. I need to hear something sooner than that. lol
    04-04-13 03:41 PM
    I'm really hoping we see $16 tomorrow. I doubt it though unless there's some positive news released.
    I hope so too. Perhaps it can as the channel is narrowing according to the TA Morgan provided.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 03:41 PM
    I have prime time on every night Ive seen 2 commercials... thats not a campaign to me. If i was the average purchaser Id still be buying Samsung. You can hate on what I say all you want but I am representative of most people my age. We watch prime time, we like flashy campaign commercials and we buy what is cool if and when we can afford it. seeing a logo on a car isnt whats gonna peak interest over whats currently on the market and we are used to and what we have seen to be a pretty good product already
    I'm not trying to "hate" on what your saying, just providing another perspective.
    But in regards to the above quote, you're contradicting yourelf from earlier when you said you were the norm, by NOT buying brand names and based on marketing, and now you're saying that you do. Sorry if I'm missinterpreting something.

BlackBerry does not have the marketing budget that most well known companies have currently. They simply can't buy ads for every time slot imaginable. None of us have a full understanding of what the marketing department has up their sleeve, and I'm not sure where you're from, but I personally see ads and banners EVERYWHERE. Canadian Telcos run their own marketing and at least 3 times per period of a hockey game I see a commercial or spot on the BB10/Z10. Thats 9 commercials during 3 hours, EVERYNIGHT.
    You say, "but people my age are watching Prime Time". No they're not just watching Prime Time, some are watching sports, some are watching news, some are on the computer, some are going to the movies etc, etc, etc.
    04-04-13 03:42 PM
    Don't say that Kid, my day has really been bad. I need to hear something sooner than that. lol
    I hear ya man. It's been a long haul thus far, sometimes I think if its worth the emotional ride haha. If it's not over 16 by the end of this month, I'd be more annoyed than anything ha!

The good news I read today was BB increasing their marketing campaign, posted a few links a couple pages ago.
    04-04-13 03:55 PM
    I hope so too. Perhaps it can as the channel is narrowing according to the TA Morgan provided.

Posted via CB10
    I hear what you're saying, but I think we will need some positive volume to get there. Volume is generally generated by some type of news. Lets hope we hear something positive soon.
    04-04-13 04:01 PM
113,250 ... 598599600601602 ...