View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    BlackBerry Sets the Table for Future Success (BBRY)

"For a company that most observers assumed needed to take several calculated baby steps to return to relevance, BlackBerry's Q4 was a quantum leap. If it can sustain this performance, the best may be yet to come."
    04-01-13 10:11 PM
    Wow! These guys have 17 different BlackBerrys to choose from. Decisions, decisions, decisions.
    BlackBerry Mobile Phone price in Malaysia | harga | compare - Gadget Book
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-01-13 10:12 PM
    This is a HTC site but I found this thread worth a visit. Interesting comments not totally one sided.
    Htc one or blackberry z10 - xda-developers
    Not sure if the review is real or not but I somewhat feel that the Z10 could have had a more premium appearance BUT since most touch phones are encased in all sorts of cases, I am not sure that it matters so much . The Q10 should have a premium build as does the 9900.

In this regard the Iphone went astray . The Iphone 4 just sparkles but the 5 comes across as a plastic wafer. At the very least the Z10 comes across as a design that will not be out of date soon - especially after all the others leave off their home buttons. I am really looking forward to seeing a real Q10!
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-01-13 10:29 PM
    Agree with you...what I understand is they want money to support the app...don't know if that is true but that's what I've read. Kevin started a thing today where he wants everyone to leave comments on Netflix FB pages leading story asking for a BB10.app...see what happens.
    Thanks mister, didn't see that. And I will do.
    04-01-13 10:36 PM
    markymark
    we have netflix and only my son uses it. I looked at the content many times but never found anything (in canada) that I wanted to watch.
    I know that BB has a video section in BB World. Haven't seen it yet as I still don't have the Z10. Is it possible that BB isn't in any hurry to get netflix as it would hurt their BB video. is this a good revenue stream for BB? Do they have a lot to offer?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Good question. You're bang on with respect to the crap Netflix choices we have here in Canada vs what the US gets. But, there's enough to keep most of us (in my family) interested...most of the time. As to competition between the current BB World offering vs Netflix? Who knows. Bottom line though is that our BB World choice is only good on the phone or the Playbook (and correct me if I'm wrong cause I too don't have my '10, waiting for work to install BES 10 in another month).

At the end of the day I still think it'd be a huge draw and if it costs BBRY a bit of money to lead them to the trough, I'm sure their financial people would be able to put forward a business case in support of it. But I guess Netflix has to want to do this too. Are the BBRY user numbers so dismal in N/A that they aren't interested? I don't think so. Which is what I don't understand - why hasn't this partnership happened yet?

There was "talk" today that Netflix could be an acquisition candidate. If someone like that hag who runs Yahoo gets ahold of it, we'd be screwed. BBRY needs Netflix now and I'm afraid it's 'gonna take more than an e-mail from me to get 'er done.

Fingers crossed and thanks for the feedback!
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    04-01-13 11:15 PM
    BlackBerry Sets the Table for Future Success (BBRY)

"For a company that most observers assumed needed to take several calculated baby steps to return to relevance, BlackBerry's Q4 was a quantum leap. If it can sustain this performance, the best may be yet to come."
    Wow, and this from M�tley Fool who are props for (translation - pimps for) Apple. Impressive!
    04-01-13 11:22 PM
    Wow, and this from M�tley Fool who are props for (translation - pimps for) Apple. Impressive!
    I just read the article. We might see a bright future ahead.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 12:20 AM
    For BB to be HUGE again, it must vertically integrate itself and branch off into other industries. TH stated this in the ER, which was one of the highlights for me.

Charles is just whippin' out the articles today hah! It's crazy how emotions can change, I remember a few weeks ago you (and I was damn close too as well) were ready to throw in the bag, the frustration with the media had taken a toll on us. But we prevailed. I hope it works out for us in the end!
    plane6065, CDM76, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    04-02-13 12:32 AM
    https://www.facebook.com/kim.choi.146 is looking for your input. Please go to her (or his) page and drop a comment or two.

Kim Choi � Top Commenter � University of Ottawa

Heck, Research In Motion (BBRY) has seen decreasing earnings and revenue growth rates over the last four quarters with two recent consecutive quarters of huge loss in subscribers but yet the stock had risen double during the same period. Rationally speaking the rise in stock price was attributed to betting on a huge success in launching the Blackberry z10 which absolutely has not happened, the sales of Blackberry z10 is a big disappointment. It takes a little time for this big disappointment in Blackberry to sink in so that the big institutional investors can quietly unload their BBRY stock, but the floor under BBRY is about to collapse anytime now despite a small collective of paid analysts upgrading the BBRY stock to hold the current stock price level. The sky is not going to fall on BBRY investors and traders, the floor is, and there are a lot of BBRY investors and traders who long BBRY who are going to be crushed.
    Lol Bhheeeeeee!

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 01:02 AM
    crazy how emotions can change, I remember a few weeks ago you (and I was damn close too as well) were ready to throw in the bag, the frustration with the media had taken a toll on us. But we prevailed. I hope it works out for us in the end!
    John Templeton was always known for saying buy on maximum pessimism. BlackBerry, along with its strong fundamentals, has been a perfect example. Cheers!

Powered by QNX
    bungaboy and Markymark 23 like this.
    04-02-13 01:54 AM
    I know I will get some negative feedback but BB needs to concentrate on making us "premium" hardware. Like it or not, the Apple products exude a feel of quality that most handsets only dream of. Even if it cost the user extra money for a killer design, BB would make its users really happy of they added more the the quality of the device.

I know many will say it is just a phone but for many aesthetics is very important.
    leafs123 and Markymark 23 like this.
    04-02-13 03:40 AM
    04-02-13 03:41 AM
    And we are already up 1.93% @ $15.40 in the premarket...
    Last edited by Charles Martin1; 04-02-13 at 04:30 AM.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-02-13 03:53 AM
    04-02-13 04:02 AM
    Management Turnover Complete At BlackBerry - Seeking Alpha

"The ability to get the firm in the black is a very positive sign that the turnaround is proceeding successfully, as is the emergence of a new strategic vision which was lacking in recent years. If Mr. Heins' swagger is any indication of what the future holds for mobile computing, BlackBerry may once again find itself an industry leader specifically doing what BlackBerry does best - innovation."
    04-02-13 04:06 AM
    StreetInsider.com - BlackBerry (BBRY) Near-Term Momentum to Continue - Nomura

""We expect BBRY to post solid sequential growth in revenues, units and gross profits for the next couple of quarters," Jeffrey said. "While this positive momentum remains, we expect the stock to perform at least in line with the market. We believe that broadening distribution, the Q10 launch and the potential for an upgrade cycle among loyal BlackBerry users (enterprise and consumer) could drive strong sequential trends in FYQ1 through to FYQ3. We expect this momentum to more than offset the more linear headwinds we see in services revenue.""
    04-02-13 04:13 AM
    For BB to be HUGE again, it must vertically integrate itself and branch off into other industries. TH stated this in the ER, which was one of the highlights for me.

Charles is just whippin' out the articles today hah! It's crazy how emotions can change, I remember a few weeks ago you (and I was damn close too as well) were ready to throw in the bag, the frustration with the media had taken a toll on us. But we prevailed. I hope it works out for us in the end!

Lol...yeah, there were seeds of doubt, I admit. However, I believe that things have finally turned enough so that many of the bearish ANALysts are becoming less bearish. As such, I scooped another 5000 shares yesterday on the early morning dip; something I rarely do on a Monday morning.
    04-02-13 04:25 AM
    Ok, seeing as some of the discussion tonight revolved around Apps, I need to bring this up one more time 'cause it fell on deaf ears the last time I mentioned it. Netflix. One of 10 billion or so apps available on the "other" phones but not on ours. It seems to be worth it's weight in gold nowadays and is the one that the media idiots seem to focus on when they're talking BBRY and "lack of apps" in the same sentence. In one of the bulls vs bears arguments last week on CNBC, the bear guy in his losing argument was looking for something negative to say and then uttered "C'mon, it doesn't even have Netflix". He lost the argument but the sentence stuck out like a sore thumb that the rest of CNBC's idiotic panel harped on after the debate was over.

My point is.....Netflix would be worth a 100,000 apps in name only (from a psychological PR perspective) if BBRY can land them as a native app. Why haven't they done this? I subscribe to Netflix here at home like millions of other people in N/A but I've yet to watch it on my phone (nor do I feel compelled to do so). Guess I'm in the minority 'cause millions of others do.

I guess what I'm hoping to find out is.....is there anything or anyone (from a corporate perspective) that's preventing these two emerging tech giants from coming to some kind of agreement? Am I missing something? Yes I know that BBRY's primary objectives are focused on the enterprise side of the house but all those enterprise users (and the new crop of BB10 converts) can still pass their phones over to the kids and say "here, watch this" if it's an emergency and the phone owners need peace and quiet for a minute....or an hour lol. You know what I mean. So again....what gives?

Someone....anyone....please, I'd appreciate your thoughts.
    Bbry publicly stated that if Netflix wanted to do an application, they'd have multiple developers on a plane the next day to help.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 06:19 AM
    I hope this week marks the end of the $14 SP levels for BBRY.
    CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    04-02-13 06:20 AM
    04-02-13 06:27 AM
    Testing, testing. This is just a test:

Analysts Stuart Jeffrey and Woo Jin Hoo along with "commentator" Kim Choi are...

1) ******* assholes
    2) ******* losers
    3) ******* maggots
    4) ******* idiots
    5) Cocksuckers

Fingers crossed.....
    Note that 5) is not necessarily a bad point (either straight or not) !
    BBInPlay likes this.
    04-02-13 06:42 AM
    Looks like skype is coming this week
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...77/index3.html
    I won't bet on that as-is ... sounds like an old agreement (aka BB7 one) not properly updated (was often the case with PB updates in recent past). The OS version though is lower than mine (10.0.10.90). So, don't expect too much IMHO, that could be deceptive
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-02-13 06:45 AM
    I know I will get some negative feedback but BB needs to concentrate on making us "premium" hardware. Like it or not, the Apple products exude a feel of quality that most handsets only dream of. Even if it cost the user extra money for a killer design, BB would make its users really happy of they added more the the quality of the device.

I know many will say it is just a phone but for many aesthetics is very important.
    Not anymore, they actually almost pay you to grab some 3GS/4 ... or spit them for free (more likely). That's their low range devices ... with outdated capacities/capabilities.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-02-13 06:47 AM
    Vote recorded.
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-02-13 06:47 AM

I agree. I am a sucker for beautiful and quality things including women, nature, and machines. My family have 4 Mac laptops, 4 Mac desktops, and 2 iPhones - all beautifully designed. When I got the iPhone I enjoyed the design and workmanship so much that I couldn't put a protective cover on it. Now I have to say I like the Z10 even more. It is sexy, topnotch built quality, feels good, classy, and looks smart. I have a cover for it, but still haven't put it on yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 06:55 AM
113,256 ... 567568569570571 ...