View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    LOL. Lifes too short. Stocks actually up on TSX for the day so LuckyJp you need to chill. BTW for those of you in colder climates cough shaneredflag cough its 20 celcius and sunny in Vancity right now. I feel better now.
    Its even warmer in Greater Vancouver - the burbs away from the ocean. Yeha!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-28-13 08:14 PM
    Yeah, Ive even made some trades from my phone on the way to work in the morning! Usually the pump and dump is over at 1030 and I'm still in traffic on the west coast
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-28-13 08:16 PM

I'm actually from the burbs myself
    03-28-13 08:17 PM
    I'm thinking I may reduce my position down to 1/3 and begin to build up once things start looking better. I expect some sideways movement for about a month and I might as well spend that time making money.
    lcjr and DragonFlyer like this.
    03-28-13 08:19 PM
    Kid, I think things need to settle down some before this goes anywhere over $16. Media is having what's being handed to them. I'm hoping we can get back on track after another two weeks.
    I think it will go above 16 sooner than that, at least on TSX.
    May sell some once it gets around 16.50.
    We all know how unpredictable this thing is, and just as we have seen the 10% drops, I think the rallies can appear out of thin air too.
    I am also hoping for the Canadian dollar to go down. I remember, a couple of weeks ago, the difference in the price between the exchanges was around 40 cents. Today- 24 cents. So the lower Canadian dollar increases the value of our holdings on the TSX. Am I right about this?
    03-28-13 08:30 PM
    I'm thinking I may reduce my position down to 1/3 and begin to build up once things start looking better. I expect some sideways movement for about a month and I might as well spend that time making money.
    I think next week is going to be an interesting one. After everyone digests the recent news... I'm betting that upgrades are soon to follow. (can't see anyone downgrading, unless they are trying to play the subscriber numbers) ridiculous stuff.

I'm ready to load up on more if BBRY gets shat on, earnings and future outlook for me are too good to get out any time soon

Let shorts do their worse
    03-28-13 08:30 PM
    We all know how unpredictable this thing is, and just as we have seen the 10% drops, I think the rallies can appear out of thin air too.
    I am also hoping for the Canadian dollar to go down. I remember, a couple of weeks ago, the difference in the price between the exchanges was around 40 cents. Today- 24 cents. So the lower Canadian dollar increases the value of our holdings on the TSX. Am I right about this?
    Yup, bbry decides price, and bb is just adjusted to account for exchange rate.

Posted via CB10 on a BLACK Z10!
    bungaboy and BlackistheBerry like this.
    03-28-13 08:34 PM
    I've learned a lot from this stock. Honestly, although after 2 months I'm still even, it's one of the best investments a noob can make. I've learned so much in terms of emotions and knowing when it is a good time to play the dips etc... 3 times already I had a profit of over $XXXX.00 but I held. I obviously regret not selling, but its so hard to time trades. I decided to trade BB with my other account and I'm up, but definitely took a hit after last Friday's debacle.

I also learned how much of a role the media does play and how skewed the market is. WOW. Unfortunate. It's taught me not to panic.

If's funny, all I wanted was my airfare for my vacation to be paid for... several times I've had the opportunity for my entire trip to be paid for. Greed definitely took over at certain parts. Live and learn, but I plan on holing on until June. We will see what happens from there. That to me is the big ER.
    03-28-13 08:36 PM
    Lang and oleary talking z10 now cbc
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-28-13 08:38 PM

I may have everyone beat here. In El Paso right now it's still 80F or 27C with the sun going down. Sitting on the patio looking over my pool into the desert mountains. The only part about El Paso I like.
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    03-28-13 08:41 PM
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I do hope you're right. I wouldn't be upset if it happened sooner, just giving myself room so I don't get impatient and do something not smart.
    03-28-13 08:44 PM
    I may have everyone beat here. In El Paso right now it's still 80F or 27C with the sun going down. Sitting on the patio looking over my pool into the desert mountains. The only part about El Paso I like.

Posted via CB10 on a BLACK Z10!
    03-28-13 08:44 PM
    Wow Lang was clueless even though she has a bb. She kept saying 1 mill in a quarter is not good. Lol
    03-28-13 08:45 PM
    I think next week is going to be an interesting one. After everyone digests the recent news... I'm betting that upgrades are soon to follow. (can't see anyone downgrading, unless they are trying to play the subscriber numbers) ridiculous stuff.

I'm ready to load up on more if BBRY gets shat on, earnings and future outlook for me are too good to get out any time soon

Let shorts do their worse
    I agree, just giving it two weeks. This is a lot to get over right now.
    rampagingpanda and bungaboy like this.
    03-28-13 08:45 PM

You must be from Ontario - who think a lower dollar would increase the manufacturing sector ( ha ha ) Everyone else wants a higher Canadian dollar so that imports are not so expensive. No the value of your holdings will not increase. If you had purchased a particular stock on the USA market before the revaluation then you would make a currency gain. Conversely, foreign investors on the TSX would have a currency loss. All I know is that I enjoy travelling to the USA "on par".
    03-28-13 08:46 PM
    I've learned a lot from this stock. Honestly, although after 2 months I'm still even, it's one of the best investments a noob can make. I've learned so much in terms of emotions and knowing when it is a good time to play the dips etc... 3 times already I had a profit of over $XXXX.00 but I held. I obviously regret not selling, but its so hard to time trades. I decided to trade BB with my other account and I'm up, but definitely took a hit after last Friday's debacle.

I also learned how much of a role the media does play and how skewed the market is. WOW. Unfortunate. It's taught me not to panic.

If's funny, all I wanted was my airfare for my vacation to be paid for... several times I've had the opportunity for my entire trip to be paid for. Greed definitely took over at certain parts. Live and learn, but I plan on holing on until June. We will see what happens from there. That to me is the big ER.
    Being so young as you are, the takeaway here is the learning curve. You master this or at least learn it, you can manage any other stock with ease.
    03-28-13 08:47 PM
    @ kid vibe, I hear ya man. I was in the same situation hoping to make some money to pay for my Spain trip this summer! Lol Coulda, shoulda, woulda many times over with this stock. All learning mistakes for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 08:50 PM
    I'm in the same boat, maxed out what I was willing to spend and now no wiggle room. Will sell a third if it goes around 17-18 depending on the news it goes there on. Anyone know how long after you sell that the cash will be available to buy back?
    It might depend on the broker, but in my case (TD Waterhouse) I can generally sell one stock, and immediately buy another with the money that I won't have for a few days. Presumably the broker's fine with that because they know both trades will actually be finalized and things will balance out.

If I really wanted the cash, it's generally a few days, maybe as much as five? (Probably three business days, but sometimes a weekend slips in there to muddle my memory of it.)

Your online broker (if you trade via the web) will have help info with the full details for you, so check the site and click some links to learn more.
    03-28-13 08:51 PM
    I'm actually already planning my next venture. I'm thinking while I take advantage of a year long volatile stock like BBRY, I will get in on what's about to happen in the USA hardly anybody knows about. Much money to be made... We'll see...
    03-28-13 08:54 PM
    I think it depends on who you're using to trade with?? When I sell it's immediately in my trading account either reinvest, hold, or send to one of my bank accounts.
    I have immediate access to my funds as soon as I make a sale in all my accounts on itrade. In my cash account I have access to over $60,000 that I don't have on hand. I don't know why I have access to these funds, but I do know it has to be replenished by the end of trading day. I learned that the hard way. I guess I'm supposed to use it for day trading, but that's not my thing.
    lcjr likes this.
    03-28-13 08:55 PM
    It might depend on the broker, but in my case (TD Waterhouse) I can generally sell one stock, and immediately buy another with the money that I won't have for a few days. Presumably the broker's fine with that because they know both trades will actually be finalized and things will balance out.

If I really wanted the cash, it's generally a few days, maybe as much as five? (Probably three business days, but sometimes a weekend slips in there to muddle my memory of it.)

Your online broker (if you trade via the web) will have help info with the full details for you, so check the site and click some links to learn more.
    Oh man, that wouldn't work for me. I'm real demanding and want things my way when I want them. I guess I'm fortunate having my financial institution. I can transfer funds to and from accounts and use that cash immediately, when I sell I can use that immediately. Pretty cool.
    03-28-13 08:57 PM
    No the value of your holdings will not increase. If you had purchased a particular stock on the USA market before the revaluation then you would make a currency gain.
    I think he means that his shares were bought on the TSX, and if the CAD drops in value, then the BB stock price on the TSX will climb (and/or the BBRY price on NASDAQ will fall) to keep things in balance. If that were not the case, people could be buying on TSX and selling on NASDAQ and pocketing the difference. If I've got the direction right... Anyway, unless my understanding of this stuff (arbitrage) is flawed, this actually does happen in some small fashion, and exactly enough to drive the price on the TSX up slightly to balance things out.

So if that's true, the value of his holdings would increase, would they not?
    03-28-13 08:58 PM
    Man, I really love being able to trade on the go using my bank's website. I can monitor the SP and my account on-line and do everything myself. I do have advisors as well readily available should I need them at no cost. I love my financial institution!
    I love my itrade app on my torch. I won't upgrade to bb10 until they have the itrade app. My bank owns itrade so transferring money around is seamless.
    lcjr likes this.
    03-28-13 09:01 PM
    Alright.
    My mind has settled now.

I have a feeling that we will see $16 (bbry) sometime next week.
    I don't know anything about TA but I don't think this stock will just sit here nor go find new lows.

Morgan perhaps you can give us insight.
    I find you encouragements as valuable as this SP.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 09:04 PM

The snow is almost gone here in Berryville
    03-28-13 09:04 PM
113,250 ... 539540541542543 ...