View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?
- 1100. You may not vote on this poll
As a BB shareholder I liked this part (although I realise it probably wasn't fun for the Good investors) : “BlackBerry got an absolutely fire sale fantastic deal because the company couldn’t have made payroll next week…….ugh.”
that said, if this article accurately reflects what transpired, I'm glad I'm not on the board of Good pre-acquisition or JPMorgan. Perhaps the former have board-insurance.
Last edited by FeitaInc; 04-20-17 at 03:15 PM. Reason: /gloat04-20-17 03:11 PM
- Grant Courville from QNX:
19:00 to 25:30
The Business News for Thursday, April 20, 2017 - Video - BNN
... Scratch that.
We'll just keep you here all to ourselves.
Hey SF! Your jinx is over mate.
SP shot up after you mentioned the 'G' word. You are a free man!04-21-17 01:23 AMLike 9
- Full speed ahead: Cities say they want a clearer path for autonomous vehicles | Financial PostBlackBerry QNX will begin testing autonomous vehicle technology in Ottawa this summer, Wilkinson said. Stratford and Waterloo have also been on the forefront in developing autonomous vehicle technology in Canada.04-21-17 06:43 AM
I have the dtek60 so I'm over the black Droid learning curve
A few more bb10 things added to black Droid os, and it will be like the good old days on the passport ...but really waiting on for the hub, pressing and holding on email and searching by sender or subject from hub.
So now BlackBerry can focus on improving the BlackBerry experience in Android since they are only software.
But that KEYone is getting me excited, almost as much as this stock price lately, I am sure we are all up a KEYone or two in our portfolio now thanks to the recent uptick.
Thanks for all the great news updates Corbu!04-21-17 01:58 PM
- 04-21-17 02:42 PM
Self explanatory ... hope Chen can totally blow these hedge fund players right out of the water in the coming weeks....
Posted via CB10
Last edited by world traveler and former ceo; 04-22-17 at 08:37 AM.04-22-17 08:08 AMLike 3
Would you please provide your opinions and thoughts on BlackBerry's current stock level? Do you hold large stake still if you don't mind telling?
Thanks in advance!
Posted via CB1004-22-17 10:13 AMLike 1
Cross your fingers and hope it continues.04-22-17 10:16 AMLike 10
- Yahoo! Nice to see everything falling into place on this investment. Yesterday was an excellent trading day, not once did we fall below the important strike price of $ 9.00/shr and we traded 8.6 MM shares. On top of that an enormous number of Call Options went out "in the money" so that plenty of stock will be picked up and held this time around. The chart pattern was strong all week with solid bids for everything they could throw at it and we did all of this with the DOW wanting to crater several times. The January 2018 $ 10.00 Calls/Puts were extremely active as well indicating that money is looking for BBRY to continue its march to new 52 week highs. We haven't seen such momentum like this in the stock in many years. I know we are over-bought again but it isn't too much and new 52 week closing highs make a lot of investors money now. Let's get above the $ 9.40/shr area for a higher close then late 2015 (Dec). The Bollinger Bands have opened up for a gain to at least that level. Could $ 10.00 be that far away?
Cross your fingers and hope it continues.
Thanks Morgan!04-22-17 10:46 AM
- That's great news. I *have* to reduce my position, now just expecting a tiny reward for my patience (€8.5 is my avg).
Let's see on Monday if the French elections have some effect on the financial sphere mood, hopefully in the proper direction !
Have a great weekend gang !
SF04-22-17 10:55 AM
- OK, folks...
As promised, here is the information we were able to gather after the last ER. It was not possible to get specific answers to some/most of the questions, as I am sure you will understand. We did get a specific answer to two of them (see below).
I trust you will nonetheless find bits and pieces of answers to most of the questions in the notes and comments that follow.
Please take the information for what it is worth. It is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.
I hope you find it useful. ...BanffMoose
Will the monthly security updates be hampered in any way once many new BlackBerry Android devices are introduced by multiple OEMs, all with different hardware combinations? Will BlackBerry's version of secured Android suffer from fragmentation problems?
Could you ask whether the software revenue from Mobility Solutions that they added to the overall software & services number is related to the move of the 400 hardware personnel to Ford?
It is not.
Notes and comments:
Number of questions dealing with the 27M in mobility this Q while it was only 8M last Q. How should one model it, then (the revenue was in support of the software business)? Answer: add the 2 figures from last Q and this Q for a total of 35M and drop that number in the software and services (S&S) bucket which is about 700M annualized. Growth corresponds to that 35M figure which itself is part of the 13 to 15% John spoke about. Some of that revenue was seasonal and one time. Though there will be more, it will be lumpy: so one should not necessarily expect it for next Q, but instead for full year.
Question on the 190M expense run rate: is that going up or down? That 190M will decline but it doesn't take into account that they are making quite a few investments. The expense run rate will be between 190M a quarter and high 600M a year. One could perhaps assume 150M to 170M a quarter - personal guess, not BBRY’s.
Transfer of 400 engineers to FORD: does this affect professional services (PS) revenue going forward? Since a class action suit has been brought forward, BBRY can’t comment much. However, they provide services thru QNX and others. Bottom line is PS revenue will continue, but lumpy from Q to Q and not affected by FORD transfer.
Device sales: around 200K with 55M in revenue so ASP in mid $200 range, and depends on mix. BBRY still has a net inventory position of 26M or about 100K devices and the sell thru, which are devices they have not recognized revenue on; so more than 26M, perhaps 40 to 50M, just a personal guess. One could estimate that that figure will be about 25M to 30M for next Q and then about half of that in the subsequent Q and so on, until zero.
Sale of data center: at a loss. However it was mostly due to personal use for BBRY, not for customers. With a smaller staff, no need for a large center. BBRY leased back the smaller amount of space required.
NOC: cost of sales for SAF is mostly NOC related and some to GOOD technologies. BBRY looking to monetize this: however it may be non traditional use, such as managing IOT devices or such. Still in flux. NOC is a global asset and some customers still prefer it, although most of the security is embedded in the HW and the SW, hence use of Amazon Web Services (AWS) for RADAR.
China Mobile 10,000 seat pilot for UEM business: looking to do more deals in China, as more sales staff have been hired in China. Looking at carrier partners along with their own direct sales force. Major focus going forward.
BlackBerry Secure into baby monitors, wifi, etc.? For now, Alex Thurber is focused on licensing in set top boxes and tablets and of course devices. There are efforts to embed QNX in small devices like heart pump monitors and to secure and mobilize data.
Movirtu update: has not been the best acquisition. The problem is it was too dependent on carrier channel. They will go more direct to enterprise instead.
Non GAAP vs. GAAP discussion: Stock compensation (like shares to John Chen, etc.) will still exist, and amortization related to possible acquisitions along with intangibles, but the majority of the write downs are behind them, so less of a spread between NON GAAP vs, GAAP basis.
Patents. More deals possible? Significant patent opportunities still out there. Patience is a virtue.
Investing the 1B cash (now 2B, since this call took place!). They have more cash than they need, so tuck in acquisitions are still a possibility, but they do not have acquisitions the size (425M) of GOOD currently on the horizon. However this would change if stock market dropped like in 2015. Although this expense seems to be coming down, they are investing more in engineering: reason is after acquisition, they have moved everything onto their platform and don't need the duplicate engineering, etc. So this lower figure is misleading. Certainly not careless cost cutting. They are investing in RADAR, QNX, etc.
Future of RADAR: same module or adjacent module that will also monitor tire pressure, bearings, etc. So the entire truck or car will be monitored.
Share buyback: Probable…
Edit: I would be remiss if I did not thank those who must be thanked for this information.
Last edited by Corbu; 04-22-17 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Credit where credit is due.04-22-17 01:38 PMLike 20
Last edited by Corbu; 04-23-17 at 09:08 AM.04-23-17 08:14 AMLike 1
As for my holdings, I don't currently hold any of it, but I am paying attention.04-23-17 09:13 PM
- Hey man. Sorry for the late reply. Currently, I think the SP is nearing fair value, assuming minimal growth. It's had a massive climb in the last couple of weeks due to both more solid ER and a one time cash infusion. I see us entering a wide zone of air. $9 needs to confirm and I'm not confident it will. Like M8 said, it's overbought, and could stay that way for a while, but this isn't a startup so won't fly on "hope". If it does hold, $11 is an easy target then should go sideways for a while and set up a new trading range.
As for my holdings, I don't currently hold any of it, but I am paying attention.
Posted via CB1004-23-17 09:33 PM
- By CrackBerry Question in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-10-16, 11:47 AM
- By Prakash Ramasamy1 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 05-10-16, 10:58 AM
- By insane_psycho in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-10-16, 05:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD