View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    nice find bbjdog ... brilliant!!! .. "only three were kernel Engineers .. no impact on our business" LOL ... Yep nice spin Apple loving media cheerleaders ...

factcheck next time ...
    Brilliant on Marty and the Blackberry team!!!
    morganplus8, Corbu, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    10-28-16 03:55 PM
    Love the picture!!!!!!

Nice Marty!!

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/10/...erg-corrected/
    Makes you wonder if anyone in the media ever calls BlackBerry to get comment? Considering how quickly and concisely MB countered the points, I'm sure a quick call by Bloomberg could have avoided yet another pointless article.... unless of course that's not what they wanted

10-28-16 03:59 PM
    Makes you wonder if anyone in the media ever calls BlackBerry to get comment? Considering how quickly and concisely MB countered the points, I'm sure a quick call by Bloomberg could have avoided yet another pointless article.... unless of course that's not what they wanted

Totally agree, one simple call, but that would defeat the purpose of the article.
    Corbu, rarsen, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    10-28-16 04:27 PM
    Totally agree, one simple call, but that would defeat the purpose of the article.
    Obviously Bloomberg got the info from Apple and just published it without question. Always choose Thomson-Reuters over Bloomberg when you have the chance.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DaSchwantz; 10-28-16 at 06:20 PM.
    10-28-16 05:18 PM
    Obviously Bloomberg got the info from Apple and just published it without question. Always choose Thomson-Reuters over Bloomberg when you have the chance.

Posted via CB10
    LOL

I think Thompson Reuters poached Bloomberg fact checking team. LOL
    masterful likes this.
    10-28-16 07:24 PM
    http://indiatoday.intoday.in/technol.../1/798409.html

Highlights:

Speaking of which, what will be the future like for someone who has recently purchased the Priv, the last phone that BlackBerry launched in India before hanging its boots? Will BlackBerry continue to support these users, and should these units be damaged or broken -- under warranty -- will BlackBerry provide after sales and necessary replacement? If yes, for how long? Also, will BlackBerry continue to sell these phones in the market after the new strategic decision, or be done with it once the stock runs out? If yes, for how long? These are the questions that BlackBerry has to answer. That's precisely what the company will hopefully be doing on November 7.

The company is now sending out invites for a press conference, to be held in the national capital, where it will make a 'strategic business announcement.' The conference will be hosted by Narendra Nayak who is MD, BlackBerry India and Alex Thurber, Senior VP, Device Sales at BlackBerry.
    10-29-16 09:17 AM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    http://indiatoday.intoday.in/technol.../1/798409.html

"Strategic Business announcement" -. Finally... something new!?... must be much more than dtek60 related...

Any really significant BlackBerry news that moves the SP up is very much welcomed....

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 09:42 AM
    BlackBerry schedules Nov 7 event, may launch DTEK60 : News, News - India Today

"Strategic Business announcement" -. Finally... something new!?... must be much more than dtek60 related...

Any really significant BlackBerry news that moves the SP up is very much welcomed....

Posted via CB10
    Might be another Licensee? They said they were having talks with players in India and China.
    10-29-16 02:14 PM
    Might be another Licensee? They said they were having talks with players in India and China.
    A month ago BlackBerry announced the Indonesia licensing deal and "BlackBerry said it was in late-stage discussions for a similar deal in China and working on several India initiatives"

On a technical note BBRY is within a breath of 30 RSI, indicating oversold territory. A big buy signal for me.
    cgk, rarsen, morganplus8 and 6 others like this.
    10-29-16 05:45 PM
    10-30-16 10:27 AM
    http://www.air-watch.com/lp/goodsafe...0134000001FdcX

Competition getting fierce..

Posted via CB10
    I'm fine if BlackBerry wants to use their cash to give out one-time promotions for enterprise to switch the other way...how long can this 'BlackBerry disappearing' story be milked? So tiresome, and shows a lack of confidence in your own product...

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 02:10 PM
    A month ago BlackBerry announced the Indonesia licensing deal and "BlackBerry said it was in late-stage discussions for a similar deal in China and working on several India initiatives"

On a technical note BBRY is within a breath of 30 RSI, indicating oversold territory. A big buy signal for me.
    It's now on my buy list again, after a long hiatus. I've never sold any of my position, except options.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    10-30-16 02:13 PM
    I'm fine if BlackBerry wants to use their cash to give out one-time promotions for enterprise to switch the other way...how long can this 'BlackBerry disappearing' story be milked? So tiresome, and shows a lack of confidence in your own product...

Posted via CB10
    I'd like to see BlackBerry take Airwatch head-on, and emphasize their inferior security. They scored dreadful (!) in the Gartner report for high-security mobility management.

It seems to me that BlackBerry is mostly going after MobileIron customers and Airwatch after BlackBerry customers. Airwatch is number 1 in pretty much every market report with regards to market share. Meanwhile, MobileIron is still not acknowledging BlackBerry as one of their top competitors. I thought BlackBerry was bigger than their 3 nearest competitors combined.. or something like that?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 07:21 AM
    Impressive. Hitting exactly $7.00 and RSI 30 right on the nose. Let's see if we move up from here.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rsi1.jpg
    10-31-16 09:52 AM
    I thought BlackBerry was bigger than their 3 nearest competitors combined.. or something like that?
    I think that was back in 2013 when MDM meant any OS other than BBRY. I think they lost more customers than they retained in the dark days of BES10. But I have no support for that other than correlation to BB10 sales and marketing sentiment towards BlackBerry as a whole.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 10:31 AM
    http://www.computerweekly.com/news/4...-with-AirWatch

They switched from BB

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    10-31-16 12:24 PM
    I think that was back in 2013 when MDM meant any OS other than BBRY. I think they lost more customers than they retained in the dark days of BES10. But I have no support for that other than correlation to BB10 sales and marketing sentiment towards BlackBerry as a whole.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry with Good is still a major player, but like you I think BES was dying just as fast as the hardware department. It just wasn't "good" or secure at managing iOS or Android. Buying Good got them marketshare, but also allowed them to make BES a much better product.
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-31-16 01:36 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies and Security files:

Enterprises dangerously complacent about mobile threats, says report
    Only 8% of companies are enforcing operating system updates and less than 5% are using app reputation or mobile threat detection software, according to the Mobile Security and Risk Review for Q2 2016 by security firm MobileIron. This is despite the fact that several new mobile attacks have emerged that threaten enterprises with the loss of both personal and business data.
    The top 10 consumer unmanaged apps most often blacklisted in Q2 2016 include: Dropbox, Facebook, Angry Birds, Skype, Line, Box, OneDrive, Google Drive, Twitter and Evernote. “When an unmanaged app that can potentially access corporate data or bypass corporate security measures achieves broad consumer adoption, IT departments look to blacklist it because they can’t protect corporate data in an app they don’t manage,” said Plouffe. The report compiled between 1 April and 30 June 2016.
    morganplus8, W Hoa and Mr BBRY like this.
    10-31-16 01:55 PM
    Reading material about Blackberry!!!

http://www.investopedia.com/news/bla...are-unit-bbry/
    rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    10-31-16 02:22 PM
    http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN12V2C0?il=0

BBRY in software deal with Ford.

BlackBerry Ltd (BB.TO)(BBRY.O) has signed a deal to work directly with Ford Motor Co (F.N) to expand the carmaker's use of its QNX secure operating system, the Canadian technology company said on Monday, as Ford develops increasingly automated vehicles.

The deal with Ford is the first BlackBerry has done directly with a major automaker, though it currently sells its technology to auto industry suppliers.

The company is betting its future on expanding sales of software products, including to automakers and other manufacturers, after largely ceding the smartphone market to rivals including Apple Inc (AAPL.O), Alphabet's (GOOGL.O) Google and Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005930.KS).

Panasonic Automotive currently uses QNX software in the Sync 3 infotainment console that it supplies to Ford.

BlackBerry is hoping the new deal will expand use of BlackBerry's software in Ford vehicles as the two companies identify other systems where it might be used.

"We can form the basis of the entire vehicle all the way from autonomous drive through to infotainment," John Wall, the head of BlackBerry's QNX unit, said in a phone interview.

Ford is ramping up its driverless vehicle efforts and plans to offer a fully automated vehicle for commercial ride-sharing in 2021, it announced in August.

QNX's software is certified for use in autonomous driving and active safety systems, according to Wall.

"In the initial engagements you can think of an expansion into the cockpit; telematics, infotainment, cluster," Wall said.

BlackBerry and Ford declined to say how QNX might be rolled out into new systems or discuss financial terms of the deal.

A dedicated team of QNX engineers based in Ottawa and Waterloo will work with Ford to expand the carmaker's use of the Neutrino industrial operating system, as well as an overarching program that can control other operating systems and related security technology, BlackBerry said.

"We're providing the plumbing for the vehicle that is both robust and safe and secure to allow the customers to build their applications on top of that," Wall said.
    Last edited by kadakn01; 10-31-16 at 03:55 PM.
    10-31-16 03:30 PM
    BlackBerry seals software deal with Ford - The Globe and Mail

As part of the deal announced Monday, Ford will get a dedicated team of QNX engineers to help integrate such QNX products as QNX Neutrino Operating System, Certicom encryption technology, QNX hypervisor (a heads-up display system for windshields) and QNX audio processing software.
    10-31-16 04:33 PM
    10-31-16 05:04 PM
    In an agreement announced today, BlackBerry will dedicate a team of engineers to work with Ford on expanding the use of the QNX Neutrino operating system, Certicom security technology, the QNX hypervisor, and QNX audio-processing software in developing the next generation of connected cars.

I suspect BlackBerry Android is using QNX hypervisor.

Posted from my trusted Passport
    alludba likes this.
    10-31-16 05:45 PM

It seems to me that BlackBerry is mostly going after MobileIron customers and Airwatch after BlackBerry customers...Meanwhile, MobileIron is still not acknowledging BlackBerry as one of their top competitors.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting that MobileIron is now referring to itself as 'a security company'. How long have they been using this label?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 05:09 AM
    http://www.computerweekly.com/news/4...-with-AirWatch

They switched from BB

Posted via CB10
    But if you read the following, it sounds like they may have made the decision to switch pre-BES 12...

�The MDM market is changing a lot. I keep in touch with our Blackberry account team and they are doing a lot of work on Android now but, at the time we were looking for MDM, Blackberry wasn�t ready.�

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 05:25 AM
113,251 ... 40054006400740084009 ...