View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Oh man, karma today. Stock rallies up to the sky and I burn my finger pretty badly that I had to go to a clinic to get some flamazine to put on the burn.. In pain now! lol. On the other hand, my stocks are feeling fine!
    Updated the short interest charts. The short increased and the stock price decreased.
    Sorry to hear the finger burn but it may be good thing for you otherwise, your finger may punch the sell key in the early today. :-)
    You mentioned that the short increased during the stock price decreased. If you look the charts and short interests in past 6 periods, the opposite is also true, i.e., the short position decreased during the stock price increases.
    This is very easy to understand, as I stated in my previous post today - "How to make the shorts to work for you".
    In order to drive the SP down, shorts need to dump the shares which were bought by people like me. When the share price goes up, the shorts need to covery and were buying the shares released from people like me who bought the shares at low.
    So for every cycle (down-then-up), the longs like me make money which comes from the loss of the shorts.
    bungaboy and plane6065 like this.
    03-11-13 04:44 PM
    This shows how the Bollinger bad expanded today but what I like is the positive line cross of the MACD on the bottom...some agree some don't that when this moves positive all cylinders are engaged on the buying bus...guess we see tomorrow:Attachment 140556

Well it's holding true this evening in after hours...up another 1%
    03-11-13 04:46 PM
    Before today I predicted $18 at ER and then it shooting up to $25 after ER. After today, I expect $21 before ER and then it may possibly crash to $17 after ER as much as it could hit $30.

If everyone thinks it's going to suck, then there's a high chance it will outperform at ER (until yesterday) but now that people are buying in on high hopes, the chance of it crashing at ER goes up. Good trading/investing is about staying just ahead of the general public consensus. That's where the money is made most efficiently.

My plan right now is to let it build before ER and then sell half of my portfolio the end of business day before ER announcement.

Then I will decide whether to put the money back in right after ER is over.

For my short term portfolio (read: 100% options) this is critical timing. For my long term portfolio (100% stocks) it's not as crucial because I expect at least $50 at the end of 2013. (I've got a crap ton of january $35 strike calls)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    03-11-13 05:05 PM
    FINALLY! someone who says the right thing. CANADIAN GOVERNMENT will NOT allow a foreign company to take over

BlackBerry: Where There Is Smoke There Is Fire - Seeking Alpha
    03-11-13 05:19 PM
    03-11-13 05:37 PM
    Good news!

CrackBerry HQ is moving to New York City! | CrackBerry.com

CB is doing everything they can to get the word out.. THIS is why BlackBerry is so special. You can't buy a loyal fan base, Microsoft!

Although some help from BlackBerry headquarters might have been the case
    03-11-13 05:41 PM
    Prem Watsa Comments on BlackBerry

Prem Watsa Comments on BlackBerry - GuruFocus.com
    Brilliant!!!
    03-11-13 05:47 PM
    Dude BB no internet in Siberia?
    bungaboy and plane6065 like this.
    03-11-13 06:21 PM
    I believe the S4 launch may cause BBRY to temporarily fall.
    primusd and BlackistheBerry like this.
    03-11-13 06:33 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-dude.jpg

The Dude Graduated
    DragonFlyer, bungaboy and Lehomer like this.
    03-11-13 06:36 PM
    FWIW: That is from Prem Watsa 2012 shareholder letter that was released today.

http://www.fairfax.ca/files/Letter%2...001_o7033s.pdf
    bungaboy, BBNation and cjcampbell like this.
    03-11-13 06:41 PM
    Where is my anti-like button?
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    03-11-13 06:50 PM
    Great day for you all, congrats!! Let's see some follow thru tomorrow. GLTA.
    bungaboy and Charles Martin1 like this.
    03-11-13 06:53 PM
    Peter Misek interviewed on BNN

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ek-bnn-780687/

He answers a lot of our questions ,,, plenty of upside
    bungaboy, gp656 and Shanerredflag like this.
    03-11-13 07:14 PM
    Dude BB no internet in Siberia?
    Ha ha ha ha backdrafted my coffee.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-11-13 07:15 PM
    Before today I predicted $18 at ER and then it shooting up to $25 after ER. After today, I expect $21 before ER and then it may possibly crash to $17 after ER as much as it could hit $30.

If everyone thinks it's going to suck, then there's a high chance it will outperform at ER (until yesterday) but now that people are buying in on high hopes, the chance of it crashing at ER goes up. Good trading/investing is about staying just ahead of the general public consensus. That's where the money is made most efficiently.

My plan right now is to let it build before ER and then sell half of my portfolio the end of business day before ER announcement.

Then I will decide whether to put the money back in right after ER is over.

For my short term portfolio (read: 100% options) this is critical timing. For my long term portfolio (100% stocks) it's not as crucial because I expect at least $50 at the end of 2013. (I've got a crap ton of january $35 strike calls)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    To get into $21 range before the ER, we need the news release from ATT, something as "After two (or one) week on sale of Z10, we are very happy to announce that the sales of Z10 have been extremely well, it is the most sucessful launch in any previous BB phone lauches. Furthermore, more than 65% buyers are from other platforms and we expect the high demand for Z10 continues."
    03-11-13 07:50 PM
    Where is my anti-like button?
    I don't like it but I expect it.
    03-11-13 07:57 PM
    Let's just hope it doesn't launch in march or april
    03-11-13 08:07 PM
    Even if it does, it appeals to a different crowd. If they want it, they'll wait for it. I just wonder how they'll feel when it's announced that it has quad core as opposed to 8
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-11-13 08:13 PM
    Misek seems to think May.
    03-11-13 08:17 PM
    Even if it does, it appeals to a different crowd. If they want it, they'll wait for it. I just wonder how they'll feel when it's announced that it has quad core as opposed to 8
    I would like to see Samsung adopt the BB10 OS for the S4. That would be the best thing to happen right now.

Sent from my kickarse BlackBerry Z10.
    03-11-13 08:20 PM
    I don't like it but I expect it.
    If you listen to what Peter Misek said in the interview on BNN he puts the s4 into a pretty good context. He expects it to have a big impact on the smartphone market but not to much on BlackBerry itself. He said it won't be released in the States until May. He said that the security for the s4 is non-comparable to BB, the media just likes to put a twist on it to give the appearance that it is.
    In the past I may have agreed with you, but now with their much improved marketing campaign, I believe they are up to the challenge.
    03-11-13 08:22 PM
    Things should right by September. The Q10 is guaranteed to be a huge success. That is the ace in the hole. Z10 was the only speculation with this investment for me.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-11-13 08:23 PM
    It's the media that will cause harm when they compare phones side by side. Doesn't matter how the phones actually stack up against each other, it's the media comments that hurt the stock. We've spent the last few weeks witnessing this.
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    03-11-13 08:23 PM
    If you listen to what Peter Misek said in the interview on BNN he puts the s4 into a pretty good context. He expects it to have a big impact on the smartphone market but not to much on BlackBerry itself. He said it won't be released in the States until May. He said that the security for the s4 is non-comparable to BB, the media just likes to put a twist on it to give the appearance that it is.
    In the past I may have agreed with you, but now with their much improved marketing campaign, I believe they are up to the challenge.

Let's hope.
    03-11-13 08:24 PM
113,251 ... 336337338339340 ...