View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Me four, bought it on launch day, got one with the buggy power buttons, but I still use it everyday and I rarely shut it off so the power button isn't really an issue. I even got one for my son (who complains that there aren't enough games, cause his friends have ipads&androids)!
    Lol, the one thing that BB10 is not short of, is games. Maybe when the PB gets BB10, you will get all those games.
    03-06-13 01:56 PM
    Pretty sure Thor et al are confident in their performance and they see the bullshot from the frauds as nothing more than short term baseless noise.
    Thor and the new team doesn't strike me as reactionary. They seem like they are playing it cool because like you said, they are confident.
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    03-06-13 01:57 PM
    Ok so I had some money left to put in but didn't fully buy in @ 13 tsx when I had the chance. What do you think about a pullback on Friday for some profit taking from todays run setting up another buying opportunity before the US launch?
    Sorry, I can't tell you what will happen on Friday, too many things can happen by then. We are likely to have some news, Eric Savitz could bash BBRY again, we could continue this nice rally tomorrow and close well above the 50-dma. I can tell you that this move is strong, you would want to buy the stock close to the 5-dma and buy more if it if we clear the 50-dma on a closing basis. That is a price function and nothing to do with time here. If we close here today, we are closing at a 2 week high, and, we are quite a distance above the 5-dma for the first time, and we all know that news is just around the corner.

So I would look at $ 13.25/shr tomorrow as the new 5-dma area to enter, it might not test that level but that is the new benchmark for the stock on this rally. GL
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-06-13 02:00 PM
    Let us see whether it can push through the option strike line of 13.50.
    03-06-13 02:00 PM
    Thor and the new team doesn't strike me as reactionary. They seem like they are playing it cool because like you said, they are confident.
    They know that come the ER, there won't be any more questions about the viability of BB. I think it will be akin to Popeye getting beaten up..... along comes that mystery can of spinach and it's knock out time.
    spike12 and bungaboy like this.
    03-06-13 02:02 PM
    Afters days of reading "Where is Thor? why is he not defending the stock?", We can now get back to the "what colour of car are you going to buy?" banter!
    Myself, I don't care what colour it will be, as long as its got a QNX infotainment system and Thorsten's voice doing the turn by turn navigation!
    Sorta like these? MyGig units running on QNX in my RAM and Aspen. No Thorsten voice . . . . . yet.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_0277-medium-.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img00189-20100510-1628-medium-.jpg
    03-06-13 02:05 PM
    Anyone see the dreadful HTC results? I would think they will pull back on Windows Phone sooner rather than later (which of course is good for BB).
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-06-13 02:11 PM
    I've gotta be completely honest, BB10 wasn't much more than a joke to me until I got my hands on a PlayBook during the first round of discounting and I got a glimpse of what they were building.

I don't think BB10 would have nearly the momentum it currently has without BBRY practically giving away the PlayBook.
    It is so true. I never owned any BB phone until I bought a Playbook-64GB at $299 in 2011. When I compared the playbook with iPad and Kindle, the QNC OS is much faster and stable then other two.
    At that point, I started to watch the stock of RIMM and gradually accumulated lot shares.
    Without the OS testing on Playbook, BB10 might never be developed (this is my word).
    bungaboy and spike12 like this.
    03-06-13 02:12 PM
    G&M attributes today's ~7% rise to the news of 1800 units being purchased in the UK. If that's true, imagine the jump if there were higher number?

RIM shares rise on BlackBerry contract with mental health organization - The Globe and Mail
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-06-13 02:12 PM
    Anyone see the dreadful HTC results? I would think they will pull back on Windows Phone sooner rather than later (which of course is good for BB).
    Like many other Android OEMs, HTC is suffering. Samsung is the only one make money. Imo, HTC needs to decide whether to go the WP or BB10 route.
    03-06-13 02:15 PM
    G&M attributes today's ~7% rise to the news of 1800 units being purchased in the UK. If that's true, imagine the jump if there were higher number?

RIM shares rise on BlackBerry contract with mental health organization - The Globe and Mail
    Like your avatar.

Juventus is such a great club. You watching them against Celtic tonight?
    03-06-13 02:18 PM
    Sorta like these? MyGig units running on QNX in my RAM and Aspen. No Thorsten voice . . . . . yet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0277 (Medium).JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	139476

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00189-20100510-1628 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	139477
    It looks so "ancient" from 50's. LOL
    03-06-13 02:21 PM
    Like your avatar.

Juventus is such a great club. You watching them against Celtic tonight?
    Lol thanks. Damn right I'm watching!
    Like many other Android OEMs, HTC is suffering. Samsung is the only one make money. Imo, HTC needs to decide whether to go the WP or BB10 route.
    Problem is that it appears that they can't make any money out of WP8 devices.
    I think I'm starting to see a bit of a backlash of some Analysts

BlackBerry Z10 U.K. Pricing Remains At A Premium, Despite Misleading Analyst Report - Seeking Alpha
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-06-13 02:24 PM
    now that's an interesting idea. TH said nothing would be decided until after they released BB10. Then he was quoted as saying since the release has gone "better then expected" they are shifting the focus of the next stage. I took this to mean, before the launch they were looking at all possibilities, but after the launch they are focusing on the licensing options.
    Lots of the small manufactures are getting eaten alive in the android market by Samsung. I assume the same is true for WP and Nokia. Does this mean BBRY will have suitors knocking on the door to take BB10 dancing or does it mean that there can only be one successful manufacturer per OS?
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-06-13 02:28 PM
    well, i just bought another 1000 at 13.43, i am regaining faith and coming to break even with the other shares. Its funny how it moves up so frickin fast
    03-06-13 02:37 PM
    Just my opinion, but I envision Blackberry becoming a software giant in the future. Meaning, they will focus strictly on software vice hardware, known world-wide as the software to have for corporations requiring stringent security measures. I also think they will allow their software on various corporate devices. Just my opinion though, but I think it very plausible.
    03-06-13 02:38 PM
    $13.90 on TSX
    03-06-13 02:39 PM
    Problem is that it appears that they can't make any money out of WP8 devices.
    Is that true? How do you know? I'm skeptical they are making no money considering their market share and the ridiculous price of the 8X and the 8S. The 8X is one of the most popular high end WP devices despite having completely mediocre specs (small display, low resolution, average processor, bulky). The 8X would never fly for $600 on Android. Maybe $350.

That's isn't even considering the fact that HTC doesn't invest almost any money on R&D for WP like it does for Android, which it pores money into Sense UI and the gimmicky ultra pixel camera. Windows Phones should literally be some of HTC's highest margin devices if not the highest.
    03-06-13 02:41 PM
    This is a little off topic but I still have a sour taste in my mouth when it come to Home Depot

PayOne has brought a patent infringement lawsuit against The Home Depot in the Northern District of California. The plaintiff asserts that The Home Depot retail store deployment and use of PayPal’s in-store checkout infringes on several PayOne patents, among which includes the use of a mobile phone number and a PIN to complete the checkout process and payment at the point of sale. The complaint seeks unspecified damages and a court-ordered injunction against future infringement by The Home Depot.
    03-06-13 02:43 PM
    Yesterday I said we hadn't had a strong up-day in awhile...and look....today we do. Glad I'm long - I'm still down an average of 15% overall but I'll take the gains today...
    03-06-13 02:47 PM
    Some rain on the parade at the close. Buggers.
    03-06-13 02:58 PM
    Perhaps they should consider installing BB10...
    03-06-13 02:58 PM
    6.82% green....boom
    03-06-13 03:00 PM
113,256 ... 306307308309310 ...