View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    It could be a bad day for stocks with the US turmoil.
    US (Political) Turmoil? Isn't that pretty normal now? LoL
    03-01-13 09:44 AM
    Someone has access to Q10's ... I wonder if this is part of their viral marketing campaign?

BB10 Unlocked Verizon Blackberry Q10 New Latest Smartphone Z10 Other Auction | eBay
    03-01-13 09:51 AM
    No, more like somebody trying to make a buck. can't blame them. One sold on ebay this week for over $1,100.00
    03-01-13 09:54 AM
    Ok, back on track. We're up to $13.50 right now. Looking better than originally predicted. Morgan8 has laid out some awesome information, so if we listen and watch we should see some gradual improvements soon.
    03-01-13 09:56 AM
    I shorted 13K of shares at $13.99 and stock went up and they keep it just above. Free non-biased market?
    I was short at $18. That felt like exuberance to me. I don't see it worth the same risk that it will drop from 14 to 10. Think on the fact that for every dollar above 14, you lose $13,000. If it hits the previous high of $18 then you owe $52k. That is a yearly salary for most people.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 10:21 AM
    03-01-13 10:24 AM
    another big positive: First Major BlackBerry Update Shows Commitment To The Platform - Seeking Alpha

Today BlackBerry (BBRY) launched an OTA (Over The Air) update to the Z10. This is the official list of fixes in this first update.

Today we issued a software update for BlackBerry 10 smartphones that's focused on your feedback. It's already available from some carriers and we're working closely with all our carrier partners to get it to you as soon as possible.

It's almost been a month since we officially unveiled the new BlackBerry 10 smartphones and many of you already have a BlackBerry Z10 in hand. You've been using it for weeks, and we've been listening to your feedback, and have been working on an update just for you. Here are just a few of the improvements you can expect after updating your software.

3rd Party App Performance

We've improved performance for 3rd party applications, so developers can build apps that run fast and smooth for you. With this update, you might want to keep an eye out for some fresh new app launches in March, like WhatsApp.

Phone, Calendar, and Contacts

Among the top improvements and features are fixes for Gmail calendars on BlackBerry 10. You'll also find improvements in the BlackBerry Hub for logging calls log and how conversations are handled. We've also made general improvements to importing contacts from online sources.

Camera *THIS IS BIG!!

We've optimized the camera for better photos in low-light situations. You'll love the difference this makes for photos where you don't use a flash - like the Time Shift Camera feature.

Browser and Media

With more and more of you using the gorgeous screen on the BlackBerry Z10 to consume online videos and media, we've made a number of improvements to the software in the way the browser handles video playback to provide a fantastic experience.

Battery Life

The software team has included a number of battery life optimizations with over 60 battery saving improvements since launch to keep you moving. These combined improvements are designed so that you see improvements in battery life and heavy users especially should see a longer average usage per charge cycle.

How to update your software on BlackBerry 10

Software is available over the air (OTA). Typically, you'll get a notification about new updates, but you can manually check to see if it has been made available by your service provider and install it in a few simple steps.

Settings> Software Updates> Check for Updates> - then follow the on screen steps to install.

The download is approximately 150MB in size, so I recommend updating when connected to Wi-Fi.

There you have it - the first OTA update to your BlackBerry 10 smartphone. We'll be rolling out the update with all of our carrier partners around the globe over the coming weeks. Be sure to check it out when it's available and let us know what you think in the comments below. Your feedback is always welcomed and we will continue to listen as we update and improve BlackBerry 10.
    03-01-13 10:27 AM
    someone just dumped 2M shares or so look at that drop
    03-01-13 10:38 AM
    someone just dumped 2M shares or so look at that drop
    Sure as heck wasn't me!
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-01-13 10:39 AM
    She's dropping like a stone
    03-01-13 10:41 AM
    Ofcourse with news that 50 percent of z10 buyers come from Android and iphone shares HAVE to drop
    03-01-13 10:47 AM
    The software update will be huge in the coming weeks once everyone gets it. Hopefully attracts more people over and I hope the yanks down south gets it too with the release, since they've been very patient, reward with a better performing Z10!

Most important thing of all, blackberry is listening!! they are committed and willing and that alone will make people believe in the company again
    bungaboy and Corbu like this.
    03-01-13 10:59 AM
    And up we go again lol
    03-01-13 11:05 AM
    And sloooowly back up...geese, almost like someone called it yesterday.
    spike12 likes this.
    03-01-13 11:05 AM
    if they can fast track the implementation of the Android Runtime update to 4.1 before the US launch that would go a Long way to attracting new users. On the other hand, releasing it after the US launch as an update will help smooth out the uptake. the analysts will only sit up and listen if BBRY shows sustained sales.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-01-13 11:07 AM
    And down we go again maybe it'll get low enough for me to buys some more, doesn't look like we are going to close in the green today
    03-01-13 11:16 AM
    Don't know if anyone posted this to the board:Post cheers RIM's corporate show-biz spectacle

2013-02-28 07:21 ET - In the News

The Financial Post reports in its Thursday edition that whether the greatest tech phenom in Canadian history succeeds or not with its do-or-die BlackBerrry 10 platform and handsets, the national corporate icon is playing the game of capitalism in glorious fashion. The Post's Terence Corcoran writes that executives have been turfed, the original creators of the company shown the door, the business model revamped, government bailouts rejected, new products launched, market analysts and experts are at war over the company's prospects -- and the outlook is uncertain. Isn't the free market great? No sporting contests, including the World Cup, can match the BlackBerry saga for tension, drama, strategic plays, execution challenges and uncertainty of outcome. The company once known as Research in Motion, considered a loser and all but dead to the world last year, has fought back and stands today with what appears to be a decent chance at winning. That BlackBerry has come this far is itself an entrepreneurial marvel achieved in the face of relentless criticism from a constant procession of naysayers and harpies. For a corporate sporting fan like Mr. Corcoran, it hardly gets any better than this.
    03-01-13 11:22 AM
    03-01-13 11:30 AM
    I love how they make it look like they got this from internal sources, instead of what RIM has publicly said in BB Experience forum
    03-01-13 11:32 AM
    I am gonna hang in there til Q1 2014.
    So I am not much concerned whether stock's free falling or rising these days.
    BB 10 is solid unit loaded with best OS in the market!
    03-01-13 11:43 AM
    Major Canadian Corporation with thousands of employees. We have already begun the roll-out of Z10s Canada-wide ;-)

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000015.jpg

And yes, BES10 is installed & good to go!
    03-01-13 12:03 PM
    Any chance we'll hear about this roll out in the news?
    mangofed and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-01-13 12:07 PM
    Major Canadian Corporation with thousands of employees. We have already begun the roll-out of Z10s Canada-wide ;-)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_00000015.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	138660

How come you guys didn't wait for Q10? The company I work for plans to roll out Q10 mostly.
    03-01-13 12:08 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_00000015.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	138660

5 Phones at a time???
    03-01-13 12:09 PM
    Guys, we are rolling out 5+ daily and we will also offer the Q10. Our IT division likes to offer its employees (me) choice ;-)
    03-01-13 12:10 PM
113,256 ... 278279280281282 ...