View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    It's amazing how resistant AAPL is against bad news.

Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL) recently acknowledged a rather complex but alarming bug that was discovered just before iOS 6.1.2 was released. The bug allowed someone to bypass the passcode on your iOS device�s lock screen and gain access to the Phone app, exposing your call log and contacts. The bug is definitely a security risk but it was so complex to exploit, involving many difficult gestures that needed to be carried out with precision that few people were worried about it. The bug was not patched in iOS 6.1.2 and is expected to be patched iiOS 6.1.3 which should be released shortly.

Unfortunately for those who thought this first bug was nothing to worry about and that Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL) would soon patch it up, a second bug has been discovered which, like the previous one, exploits the passcode on your lock screen. Unlike the previous bug which allowed a hacker or thief access to your phone app, this bug puts more of your information at risk. It allows a hacker access to the data stored on your device via a USB connection.

You need iTunes to be able to gain access and there are some precisely timed gestures involved here as well but the flaw is there and has been reproduced several times by hacktivits and bloggers alike. You can read the full procedure for the hack here.

The previous bug was patched because it is very likely it was discovered too late for it to be fixed in iOS 6.1.2 (which was about to roll out). It looks like the same will happen for the new bug. iOS 6.1.3 (which is rumoured to break the evasi0n jailbreak exploit) is about to be rolled out soon and it doesn�t seem like Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL) will have enough time to roll out a fix for this bug with this update.
    02-27-13 08:57 AM
    I just talked with one of my co-workers this morning. She and her husband went and got iphones, after I demoed the Z10 to her (which she admitted she liked and admitted she did not use apps). This co-worker already hates the iphone. By the way I did tell her she could take it back and exchange it but, her words, "I guess I will get used to it". The local retailers (3 in my town) all pump other devices, two are iPhone crazy and the other is android crazy (again she even said she hated the one guy for being so iphone crazy). Last week I went into a larger center pretending to buy a phone, Android was practically forced down my throat even after asking about BB. On the week-end I tried to work the Z10 into conversation with my friends, and they were not very receptive, so I dropped it.

Why am I telling you all this, because unfortunately, I'm starting to come to the realization that it is really only the die-hard BB fans that are buying the Z10 (fans from past and current fans). The real test will be my sister. She noticed I had "this new phone" so I gave her a demo of the Z10 and she loved it. However, if she comes back with an iphone or android (cause she is a very trendy person) then I know that it is not really about the best product (even best product for you, see co-worker above), but what the salesman wants to sell you, and about what society accepts as the norm.

Proud owner of Z10 but worried owner of stock.

(And for those who want to get snarky, yes I realize that looking back at my posts they are generally negative. So yes, I will admit that tells me I am not really cut out for this trading business. I don't have the time to catch all the ups/downs to make money along the way, and I am more of a glass half empty type of person. Yes, I will sell when I get back to black, hopefully. Yes, this will be my last post on this thread, you're welcome )
    02-27-13 08:59 AM
    It gets better!
    Last edited by DudeBB; 03-04-13 at 09:47 PM.
    02-27-13 09:03 AM
    My guesses:
    • Canada: 100,000 to 125,000
    • UK: 200,000 to 250,000
    • UAE: 40,000 to 60,000
    • Spain & Portugal: 12,000 to 18,000
    • India: 5,000 to 10,000

Subtotal: 357,000 to 463,000
    PLUS, it has also been launched in some other countries, I think. Like France, Germany, Singapore, South Africa etc. So, I don't know what figures to add for that.
    joe.miller likes this.
    02-27-13 09:04 AM
    I just think about stores. How do you expect they should response about their sales? If they didn't sold ANY device would they tell about this? Did you really see somebody was buying Z10? Even though, how millions of sold devices will bring RIM back on track? Do you think one or two millions will be helpful for them? What about other events, competition, etc.?
    Don't blame me, I see BB in red. That's it. I wish to have it in green.
    Are you going to post a screenshot of that forum for us?
    02-27-13 09:05 AM
    What are your thoughts bout the stock going down to11 before taking off again?
    I believe the shorts are driving this stock down while they can get away with it. Once the good factual news starts coming they will have little control. However, I don't expect the volatility to ease up before September. I do believe the stock will be driven below $12 before earnings and that's where I'm doubling my investment.

I am confident that this time next year we're going to be very please that we didn't sell our shares.
    bungaboy and DragonFlyer like this.
    02-27-13 09:11 AM
    I just think about stores. How do you expect they should response about their sales? If they didn't sold ANY device would they tell about this? Did you really see somebody was buying Z10? Even though, how millions of sold devices will bring RIM back on track? Do you think one or two millions will be helpful for them? What about other events, competition, etc.?
    Don't blame me, I see BB in red. That's it. I wish to have it in green.
    Blackberry told us sales are better than expected, now if you can't believe that, you should not own the stock,
    and Blackberry is not responsible if your timing for buying stocks is off, that is your responsibility
    02-27-13 09:12 AM
    Hmmm.... Maybe!
    Last edited by DudeBB; 03-04-13 at 09:48 PM.
    Sqoon likes this.
    02-27-13 09:13 AM
    goldman sachs still positive on BB:

StreetInsider.com - Goldman Sachs Still Positive on BlackBerry (BBRY)

Goldman Sachs today maintained a Buy rating on BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) with a price target of $19.00. The rating is based on a "positive mix shift to BB10" and "improving" trends. The comments follow a BlackBerry forum in San Francisco yesterday.

"During the forum, the company highlighted success in Canada (the highest sell-through launch in BlackBerry history, with more than 50% of buyers switching from other platforms), the UK (over 33% of buyers from other platforms) and broadly improving consumer sentiment. In addition to the 70k applications announced at launch, BlackBerry is registering almost 1k apps per day,� said analyst Simona Jankowski.
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    02-27-13 09:20 AM
    I was banned for advertisement of BB stock. I was telling them how good is RIM is and how it proceeds with lunches in each country - just positive outlook. So, I've got to be banned.
    I assume of conspiracy of those RIM employees.

Извините Гость, Вы забанены и не можете оставлять сообщения на форуме!
    реклама
    Sorry Guest, You was banned and cannot post any message on this forum!
    Ads
    Ya, I heard getting banned also turns off print screen. The lack of credibility is stuporing.

Posted via CB10
    BThunderW likes this.
    02-27-13 09:23 AM
    Blackberry told us sales are better than expected, now if you can't believe that, you should not own the stock,
    and Blackberry is not responsible if your timing for buying stocks is off, that is your responsibility
    I believe that BlackBerry has better sales than they expected. I think they're telling the truth. But if their own expectations are wildly lower than the street expectations, the fact that they're telling the truth doesn't matter much. That's what worries me.
    jimmyzzz likes this.
    02-27-13 09:25 AM
    Time for another update to our chart as the stock is trading a bit differently today:

The latest chart over less time:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-feb-27-2013-chart.jpg

Imagine if you will, you are one of those lucky shorts, you are trading this daily and it is working out for you so you do "what works" yesterday and jump in again. As the day goes on, you see that the stock crumbles easily, it drops below $ 12.60/shr and you tell your friends how good you are at this game. Not only is this a special day, its the day that everyone said would be terrible for BlackBerry "if they lost major support" in that traingle and went below $ 13.00/shr. Well, its the close that counts and the stock shot up like a rocket, and within 10 minutes we were positive on the trade, so how does that make you feel? The bulls aren't missing, they are biding their time and waiting here. The shorts saw that $ 13.00/shr is a line in the sand. We are having a different day today, we have rallied to near the 5-dma but we didn't go far enough, leaving some room here to rally again and set us up for something better. The 5-dma is at $ 13.28/she when the stock is neutral and a breakout is at $ 13.33/shr when it rallies, we haven't got there yet. And support is much higher than yesterday. Many thought we would travel right back down to the lower support in the 12 day downward channel, but we aren't doing this now. We might be seeing some interesting trading soon as $ 13.00 seems to be a great place to turn things around here. I would like us to rally again and make new highs today and to close slighly positive at the end of the day. If we don't make new lows later this morning, that is very bullish too.

Let's see how it plays out.

PS. A special thanks for all of your great comments, questions and challenges on this thread, I'll try to respond to them all and would appreciate some TA from others here too. GL
    02-27-13 09:26 AM
    [QUOTE=DudeBB;8042470
    Sorry Guest, You was banned and cannot post any message on this forum!
    [/QUOTE]
    So you weren't even a member of their forum, just a guest, and you got banned.
    02-27-13 09:29 AM
    It's amazing how resistant AAPL is against bad news.

Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL) recently acknowledged a rather complex but alarming bug that was discovered just before iOS 6.1.2 was released. The bug allowed someone to bypass the passcode on your iOS device’s lock screen and gain access to the Phone app, exposing your call log and contacts. The bug is definitely a security risk but it was so complex to exploit, involving many difficult gestures that needed to be carried out with precision that few people were worried about it. The bug was not patched in iOS 6.1.2 and is expected to be patched iiOS 6.1.3 which should be released shortly.

Unfortunately for those who thought this first bug was nothing to worry about and that Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL) would soon patch it up, a second bug has been discovered which, like the previous one, exploits the passcode on your lock screen. Unlike the previous bug which allowed a hacker or thief access to your phone app, this bug puts more of your information at risk. It allows a hacker access to the data stored on your device via a USB connection.

You need iTunes to be able to gain access and there are some precisely timed gestures involved here as well but the flaw is there and has been reproduced several times by hacktivits and bloggers alike. You can read the full procedure for the hack here.

The previous bug was patched because it is very likely it was discovered too late for it to be fixed in iOS 6.1.2 (which was about to roll out). It looks like the same will happen for the new bug. iOS 6.1.3 (which is rumoured to break the evasi0n jailbreak exploit) is about to be rolled out soon and it doesn’t seem like Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL) will have enough time to roll out a fix for this bug with this update.
    And they just settled with parents who's kids downloaded apps and charges within apps for $100 million or so. And hardly a peep.

Here's the link to Globe & Mail story.
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/techn...rticle9057742/
    Last edited by bungaboy; 02-27-13 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Added link for story
    Shanerredflag and zyben like this.
    02-27-13 09:31 AM
    Quick question - when is the earnings report? I looked but cant find the info.
    02-27-13 09:33 AM
    march 28th
    mangofed likes this.
    02-27-13 09:38 AM
    Let's see if we can stay above 13
    I agree with M+8, 13.00 seems to be a key level to hold, next stop over 14 or 12....
    02-27-13 09:40 AM
    Well. It is going to be interesting.
    Last edited by DudeBB; 03-04-13 at 09:48 PM.
    02-27-13 09:41 AM
    trouble brewing between google and samsung;

Samsung's Heft in Android Worries Google - WSJ.com
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-27-13 09:51 AM
    trouble brewing between google and samsung;

Samsung's Heft in Android Worries Google - WSJ.com
    I think that eventually Android will not be free. Google will start making their own hardware and Samsung will either pay for Android licensing or seek another alternative (BB10 or proceed with their own OS). Other OEMs are currently losing money on Android.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-27-13 09:59 AM
    march 28th
    So still plenty of time for "not much news".
    02-27-13 10:06 AM
    Why am I telling you all this, because unfortunately, I'm starting to come to the realization that it is really only the die-hard BB fans that are buying the Z10 (fans from past and current fans).
    Richard Piasentin, the head of Blackberry's U.S. business, said yesterday that more than 50% of Z10 buyers in Canada and more that 33% of them in the UK are new to Blackberry.

BlackBerry says Z10 attracting new users - MarketWatch
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-27-13 10:09 AM
    I think that eventually Android will not be free. Google will start making their own hardware and Samsung will either pay for Android licensing or seek another alternative (BB10 or proceed with their own OS). Other OEMs are currently losing money on Android.
    Samsung knows this and has heavily invested in their own Tizen OS, it is as fast as BB 10 regarding HTLM5 but the software is the ugliest thing out there by a country mile. When I look at the UI on Tizen I see Samsung leasing BB 10 from BlackBerry. They have done a terrible job of bringing Tizen to market and it shows you how advanced BlackBerry and QNX really are. I personally think it is fast on HTML5 only because it is an empty OS to begin with. QNX/BB 10 is really something for the next generation and apps developers are feeling it too.
    02-27-13 10:09 AM
    Quick question - when is the earnings report? I looked but cant find the info.
    It's on the front page and was posted here yesterday.
    02-27-13 10:13 AM
    Android has never really been free - yes if you want stock AOSP, then *maybe* it is free (but microsoft or patent trolls comes after you) but if you want to bundle the important google apps (including the play market) then you pay a fee. I seem to remember reading somewhere (I'll try and dig it out) that even after paying google for the apps and microsoft for patent protection it *still* worked out cheaper than a WP licence.
    02-27-13 10:15 AM
113,256 ... 265266267268269 ...