View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    closed green lolll, dead day but atleast no red.
    02-25-13 03:01 PM
    closed at previous close on the TSX.
    at least the bears didn't take it down.
    unfortunately, it we didn't hold the gap-up and lost it on no news.
    what will tomorrow bring?
    02-25-13 03:02 PM
    wow IDENTICAL chart as friday....even to the last minute.
    02-25-13 03:11 PM
    More red tomorrow I suspect. April calls are coming down in price. Could be a good post-ER play.
    plane6065 and Shanerredflag like this.
    02-25-13 03:11 PM
    the drop isnt bad, look at all the markets today. most of them all lost 2-3% during the course of the day (mostly at 1pm onwards), so BBRY was really just following this trend. Overall, it was a decent day, and it could drift upwards through the rest of the week.
    02-25-13 03:33 PM
    The more pessimistic among us (what me? no!) would say that a couple of big movers bought pre-market to jack up the price, knowing that it would (most likely) not sustain that price.

Then again, that seems a serious gamble to have taken in light of the positive news this morning. So maybe not...
    02-25-13 04:05 PM
    Well BELL Canada is doing their part. Got this in an email today.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bell-z10-email-feb-25.jpg
    02-25-13 04:06 PM
    Bouncing around $13.30 US. No bounce UP!
    $11 or less before the earnings call
    02-25-13 04:10 PM
    I got the same one.
    02-25-13 04:11 PM
    So, what happened at 16:42 with the 33,000 shares at $13.468?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-nasdaq-feb-25.jpg
    02-25-13 04:20 PM
    $11 or less before the earnings call
    i seriously hope not, I see this reversing this week. The bear news is becoming repetitive, but some fresh news is a bullish sign.

ps: remember that almost all markets droped 3% today. BBRY's drop matches the average market sentiment, and was not a result of direct bearish or bullish news
    peter9477 and john1110 like this.
    02-25-13 05:06 PM
    With the announcement of the new Samsung, things could get a bit tricky.
    02-25-13 05:29 PM
    You're making an assumption that this is actually based on sales, and not just "this is what we want you to think is popular so you'll buy one".
    It is best selling, based on a weekly score.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-25-13 05:49 PM
    More red tomorrow I suspect. April calls are coming down in price. Could be a good post-ER play.
    under $13 is a good buy, isn't it ? (asking for me, plan to drop an order tomorrow. Personal ask, not general)
    02-25-13 05:51 PM
    I came in to say something but Luke Barrie beat me to it... Heck I'll say it anyway.

Guys, the stock rarely trades in isolation and you need to watch what the market as a whole, and the tech sector, are up to each day. Today was a down day for various reasons, and it affected BBRY by pulling it back down. Relatively speaking it was actually a pretty good day for the stock.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 06:25 PM
    This needs to happen to hit new 52 week high

- US release before end of march no matter what
    - Release all core apps including netflix, viber, whatsapp, instagram before or with US release
    - BB needs to fill in supply gap..not easy one but do whatever takes
    - Expedite or release Q10 with US release or atleast in April
    - Aggressive US marketing, run some ads on CNBC and Bloomberg
    - Release estimate numbers like Apple does that scares shorts before earning..
    - Reach out to all enterprise clients and start pre-order system for them..It was not available in UK/Canada

Until most of these things happens..bear will eat this stock and take it to $11ish..
    02-25-13 07:11 PM
    This stock will be hard to take to $11.
    02-25-13 07:21 PM
    Just an update, a couple weeks ago I was at sprint and they didn't have much to say about the new Z10 and said that they probably won't get it. I was back there yesterday and they changed their tune some saying they will probably be getting both the new ones. I said I heard that sprint was not getting the Z10 and the attendee said based on their website they would. So not sure what to believe. He also said that it would be a shame if blackberry were to not survive so hopefully they will push it.
    02-25-13 07:46 PM
    This needs to happen to hit new 52 week high

- US release before end of march no matter what
    - Release all core apps including netflix, viber, whatsapp, instagram before or with US release
    - BB needs to fill in supply gap..not easy one but do whatever takes
    - Expedite or release Q10 with US release or atleast in April
    - Aggressive US marketing, run some ads on CNBC and Bloomberg
    - Release estimate numbers like Apple does that scares shorts before earning..
    - Reach out to all enterprise clients and start pre-order system for them..It was not available in UK/Canada

Until most of these things happens..bear will eat this stock and take it to $11ish..
    They need to get some Iphone/Androids to convert because they don't get much service revenue from the Z10 Q10 or am I mistaken ?
    02-25-13 07:54 PM
    March will be the month of the bulls!
    s0be likes this.
    02-25-13 08:13 PM
    You know I was sure we'll never see 13s again but here we are. Problem is, there just aren't any buyers right now since everyone is waiting for the news. In the meantime shorts are having a field day with this. $11s wouldn't surprise me.

This stock will be hard to take to $11.
    02-25-13 08:25 PM
    I sold in the 14s because shorts were having a field day with their news. Looking to get back in but without any news the shorts will continue to rehash old bs. Guessing many buyers are doing the same.
    02-25-13 08:48 PM
    I'm thinking several factors, least of which is sales (important but not everything)...conversions are the thing. If you weren't already in wouldn't you wait? Then there is the sequester issue in the states, misinformation, the shorts...put it all together and we are looking at slide until the 28th when real numbers come out...even then that may not be enough without something announced no one saw coming.

That said...expect the unexpected, something is up (in my opinion). I'm long so not worried, stay positive.
    02-25-13 08:53 PM
    i seriously hope not, I see this reversing this week. The bear news is becoming repetitive, but some fresh news is a bullish sign.

ps: remember that almost all markets droped 3% today. BBRY's drop matches the average market sentiment, and was not a result of direct bearish or bullish news

News isn't driving this stock, nor do the fundamentals apply...this is entirely manipulation.

Some big investors HAVE TO drive this stock down. If the earnings results are stellar, then they will have no other opportunities.
    fedakd, BBNation and bungaboy like this.
    02-25-13 09:26 PM
    You know I was sure we'll never see 13s again but here we are. Problem is, there just aren't any buyers right now since everyone is waiting for the news. In the meantime shorts are having a field day with this. $11s wouldn't surprise me.
    Lots of worry with Europe and US deficit. Another deadline looming March 1st. And then samsung's announcement with new S4 and their challenge to the business core. Lets not also forget all big stock mantipulators, and bears.yikes! BB needs some solid news. I don't think there is even a solid US launch. That is crazy ! Yes, I know BB has a small market share there but they are still very important. No solid date for Q10 . Come on BB, lets keep moving !
    nquyen likes this.
    02-25-13 09:26 PM
113,256 ... 252253254255256 ...