View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    TSX BB is doing really well so far, I own a small share in BBRY but owned majority in the canadian market
    02-19-13 09:01 AM
    Ok, so far this morning the stock is headed in the right direction. Should be an interesting day today and I wish everyone a great start this morning.
    02-19-13 09:03 AM
    Just bought $35 jan 2015 calls. I feel like I'm stealing money at this point.
    02-19-13 09:13 AM
    TSX BB is doing really well so far, I own a small share in BBRY but owned majority in the canadian market
    Yes, the CDN dollar going down against the USD is your friend if you own BB on the TSX.
    02-19-13 09:16 AM
    galaxy S4 is likely to be revealed on mar. 14 in NYC.
    I hope it'd minimize impact on Z10 U.S. launch.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Release Date Set for 14 March - IBTimes UK
    The S4 isn't being released in North America on March 14 -- it's being *launched*. Same as the Z10 was launched in NYC. It's unlikely that any US consumer will be able to buy an S4 until at least May, possibly not until June.
    s0be and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-19-13 09:32 AM
    Canaccord slashes estimate of BB10 sales
    TORONTO — The Canadian Press
    Published Tuesday, Feb. 19 2013, 10:31 AM EST
    Last updated Tuesday, Feb. 19 2013, 10:34 AM EST

Canaccord Genuity is slashing its estimate of BlackBerry BB10 smartphone shipments in February to just 300,000 units, a far cry from its earlier estimate of more than 1.75 million.

The equities research unit of Canaccord Financial Inc. says its global surveys show initial sales have been mixed for the BlackBerry Z10, with limited supply rather than overwhelming demand behind post-launch shortages at some stores.

And with the delay of the phone’s U.S. launch until mid-March or later, combined with expectations for the Galaxy S IV to launch around the same time, the firm is lowering its sales expectation for not only the February quarter but the rest of the fiscal year as well.
    02-19-13 09:39 AM
    explains the dip at 1030
    02-19-13 09:41 AM
    explains the dip at 1030
    Yup. Further manipulation.
    Markymark 23 likes this.
    02-19-13 09:48 AM
    explains the dip at 1030
    No, the Canaccord release was pre-market.

What's interesting here is Canaacord's recent history:
    - December - cut rating to sell, $10 PT
    - 1 week ago - lowered price target to $9
    - today - lowered unit sales targets, no change to price target.

Nope, can't see why people would think anyone was trying to manipulate the market ...

I get most satisfaction when they pull something like this and the market doesn't react, as today
    02-19-13 09:53 AM
    Checked with Rogers corporate this morning. They are still out of stock on Vader but they have Stormtrooper in stock with no waiting.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 09:53 AM
    Checked with Rogers corporate this morning. They are still out of stock on Vader but they have Stormtrooper in stock with no waiting.
    V10 and S10 ... lol excellent
    02-19-13 10:20 AM
    Thanks for moving this thread, mods. Got tired of seeing it in News & Rumors - it needed its own section.
    02-19-13 10:33 AM
    when will the rocket be done fueling... im late for my date on the moon!
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    02-19-13 10:35 AM
    The HTC One is definitely a contender and will definitely eat into potential Z10 sales as the launch should be around the same period towards the back end of March on all carriers except Verizon How does the HTC One stack up against the competition? | The Verge
    02-19-13 10:37 AM
    when will the rocket be done fueling... im late for my date on the moon!
    As soon as the manipulators buy up the remaining shares. lol
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-19-13 10:38 AM
    As soon as the manipulators buy up the remaining shares. lol
    im too impatient for that! i have my moon boots on already!....as you can tell its a boring day for me lol!
    02-19-13 10:44 AM
    The HTC One is definitely a contender and will definitely eat into potential Z10 sales as the launch should be around the same period towards the back end of March on all carriers except Verizon How does the HTC One stack up against the competition? | The Verge
    Oh look, another Android phone that's not any different than Android phones that came before it... of course I'm biased, but that's really how I've seen any Android releases lately. All they can do is bump specs to appear competitive.

BB10 is something new - those who actually want something new probably won't be looking seriously at this.

PS: BB has already had a major victory that's shown here in this article . A mainstream tech site is including Z10 in its comparison to other modern phones, when covering a completely different phone. When was the last time we saw a BlackBerry in such a lineup?
    morganplus8 and leafs123 like this.
    02-19-13 10:49 AM
    Canaccord slashes estimate of BB10 sales
    TORONTO — The Canadian Press
    Published Tuesday, Feb. 19 2013, 10:31 AM EST
    Last updated Tuesday, Feb. 19 2013, 10:34 AM EST

Canaccord Genuity is slashing its estimate of BlackBerry BB10 smartphone shipments in February to just 300,000 units, a far cry from its earlier estimate of more than 1.75 million.

The equities research unit of Canaccord Financial Inc. says its global surveys show initial sales have been mixed for the BlackBerry Z10, with limited supply rather than overwhelming demand behind post-launch shortages at some stores.

And with the delay of the phone’s U.S. launch until mid-March or later, combined with expectations for the Galaxy S IV to launch around the same time, the firm is lowering its sales expectation for not only the February quarter but the rest of the fiscal year as well.

LOL...it's truly laughable...LOL
    02-19-13 10:56 AM
    Oh look, another Android phone that's not any different than Android phones that came before it... of course I'm biased, but that's really how I've seen any Android releases lately. All they can do is bump specs to appear competitive.

BB10 is something new - those who actually want something new probably won't be looking seriously at this.

PS: BB has already had a major victory that's shown here in this article . A mainstream tech site is including Z10 in its comparison to other modern phones, when covering a completely different phone. When was the last time we saw a BlackBerry in such a lineup?
    I don't know, it's another android phone, but on paper it looks nicer than the BB10
    02-19-13 10:58 AM
    its another big-screen android (4.7 inches). Its a more direct competition with the samsung galaxy then with the Z10, whose primary competition is the Iphone. Also, the HTC will not have microsd expansion (add $100 to the price if you want the 64GB model instead of 32GB) or a removable battery.
    02-19-13 11:03 AM
    I don't know, it's another android phone, but on paper it looks nicer than the BB10
    Sorry to repeat but if you guys want to chat about hardware... Please enjoy the hardware sections

Posted via CB10
    Corbu likes this.
    02-19-13 11:04 AM
    I am just grateful that Canaccord is not an American or Wall St company....
    02-19-13 11:06 AM

It will be another competitor releasing at the same time with appealing specs and features not available on any other phone. They will be marketing at the same time so it will play a part in the decision making of anyone looking for a new phone and if they get out the gate before the Z10 then sales will be lost as in the US sales have already been lost due to the delay if you check the comments section of tech blogs including CrackBerry.

By all accounts the phone is extremely appealing in build quality, specs and features so cannot be disregarded.
    Andrew4life likes this.
    02-19-13 11:07 AM
    Sorry to repeat but if you guys want to chat about hardware... Please enjoy the hardware sections

Posted via CB10
    I believe its relevent as it will affect sales of the Z10 in the US, which in turn will affect share price.
    02-19-13 11:09 AM
    its another big-screen android (4.7 inches). Its a more direct competition with the samsung galaxy then with the Z10, whose primary competition is the Iphone. Also, the HTC will not have microsd expansion (add $100 to the price if you want the 64GB model instead of 32GB) or a removable battery.
    It becomes less of a burden with cloud storage esp how DropBox, Box and Google Drive all integrate into the phone. They are also offering $100 for trade in so that takes care of that. Hopefully BBRY do something similar and continue their trade-in program.
    02-19-13 11:11 AM
113,256 ... 224225226227228 ...