View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Yea, but I'm kind of worried about that. I can just see the media using the next ER (if indeed it is negative) and riding it... Thus crashing the stock to single digits.
    That would be an opportunity to Buy. Remember, if you are long, you don't have to worry about this week, or this month, or even this year. I know people that bought at $60. its only a loss on paper, nothing count until you finish the ride (and get your photo at the exit)!
    Shanerredflag and MasterMoe like this.
    02-15-13 03:33 PM
    Those 15.50 calls I had are worthless. Oh well.

On a dip Monday I might try again.
    02-15-13 04:31 PM
    I'm getting in next week boys. Once it dips in the 12-13 range like i think it will I'm getting in. Hope there's still some seats left on the roller coaster!
    Shanerredflag and s0be like this.
    02-15-13 04:40 PM
    Who knows - maybe Monday will bring some nice announcements *cough*US availability dates*cough* to give us a nudge on Tuesday.

Have a good weekend folks.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-15-13 04:53 PM
    I'm getting in next week boys. Once it dips in the 12-13 range like i think it will I'm getting in. Hope there's still some seats left on the roller coaster!
    (I would offer you the seat next to mine, but it's soiled at the moment! )

If you decide to get on, all the best and welcome aboard!
    02-15-13 05:00 PM
    Well, the price didn't rally which was a bit of a good thing for me. My options trading was finally activated last night so I was able to pick up some March calls for cheap. Now we can rally

I didn't trade common at all today. We were too close to the bottom and it was obvious that the price was pinned by HFTs.
    morganplus8 and fedakd like this.
    02-15-13 06:48 PM
    Yeah, same here. I figure things could slide a bit next week.
    02-15-13 08:04 PM
    If it goes down farther it might not be as great of an opportunity as you think. It means it'll slide farther down first. The 5dma has been a perfect buy/sell signal for the last few months so use that
    02-15-13 08:46 PM
    If it goes down farther it might not be as great of an opportunity as you think. It means it'll slide farther down first. The 5dma has been a perfect buy/sell signal for the last few months so use that
    On Thursday when we opened below the 50dma, we rallied hard.

So we're really at crossroads. Below the 5dma, above the 5dma. Actually, we're just touching the 50dma right now.

I don't know what that really means. I think it can go either way. No guarantees. But who knows, if good news comes out on Monday or Tuesday. We can trend up again.
    02-15-13 09:08 PM
    Monday, US exchanges are closed. So, whatever happens on Toronto Stock Exchange will get reflected in opening price of NASDAQ on Tuesday?
    02-16-13 12:12 AM
    Monday, US exchanges are closed. So, whatever happens on Toronto Stock Exchange will get reflected in opening price of NASDAQ on Tuesday?
    Nope. TSE closed on Monday due to Family Day. So both TSE and Nasdaq will next trade on Tuesday.
    02-16-13 12:23 AM
    Nope. TSE closed on Monday due to Family Day. So both TSE and Nasdaq will next trade on Tuesday.
    Thanks. Sent you a PM.
    02-16-13 12:34 AM
    Thursday I placed some $14 calls for Mid-march, and nearly doubled my option value by the time i sold it in the early afternoon (a few more hours would have made it a double).
    Yesterday (friday), i placed a call of $14.50 for Feb 22 when it was down near its lowest point. Any sort of rally next week could make me a very happy person It just needs to run up faster then the time decay runs it down!
    02-16-13 01:03 AM
    Would like to see a rally or for it to atleast stay over $15. Lez Do It.
    02-16-13 02:24 AM
    Isn't Samsung king over there?
    Samsung is Korean.
    02-16-13 08:53 AM
    Sony, HTC, and Motorola already pulled out of smartphone market in S.Korea.
    BB did not announce officially yet. but it will join very soon,
    since BB's market share is less than 1% in S.Korea like Japan.
    Since iphone is declining Android (Samsung and LG) rules market there.
    m0de25 likes this.
    02-16-13 09:13 AM
    Samsung is Korean.
    And BlackBerry is Canadian but it's not king here...
    02-16-13 09:42 AM
    It's not comparable. Samsung is a company supported by the government to compete with the world and therefore receives emotional support from the entire population. Korean people are also extremely nationalistic.

Also, a program called kakaotalk is a must have. Without it, the phone will not sell at all in korea.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    plane6065 likes this.
    02-16-13 10:49 AM
    found this

Prem delisted Fairfax Financial from NASDAQ then sued a bunch of hedge funds.

The Toronto-based company has been listed on the NYSE for about seven years. In 2006, it filed a lawsuit in New Jersey alleging that a group of powerful U.S. hedge funds short sold its shares and then schemed to drive down its stock price using a series of tactics, including intimidating executives and influencing analysts.

Full story:

Fairfax Financial delisting shares from NYSE - The Globe and Mail

Other quotes:

A month later, Fairfax sued Loeb and Sender, as well as famed short-seller James Chanos and billionaire hedge fund trader Steven Cohen, claiming they had teamed up to �crush� the company�s stock. The Toronto-based insurer, which some of the defendants openly had dubbed �the next Enron,� contends Loeb, Chanos, Cohen and Sender orchestrated a multi-year campaign to spread disinformation about Fairfax�s business model to a number of well-known financial journalists.

Regarding to shorts, Prem said, "Our one major worry, was that people would no longer deal with us. It never used to be that way, but now everybody looks at the stock price to get a sense in confidence in a company."

N.J. judge rules tycoon's lawsuit against Morgan Keegan can proceed � The Commercial Appeal

Fairfax
    Shanerredflag, zyben and MasterMoe like this.
    02-16-13 11:30 AM
    trying to look at the chart but can't really see where it may lead to next week, any input MP+8?

Much appreciated
    02-16-13 12:26 PM
    And BlackBerry is Canadian but it's not king here...
    Sorry,
    He was saying Korea isn't worth it unless you are a korean company or if you are extremely popular in the united states.

When you said "Isn't Samsung king over there?" I thought you were saying Samsung was neither Korean nor popular in the states. I was just trying to clarify for you.

No one said it works the same in Canada.
    02-16-13 12:54 PM
    Samsung is pretty much globalized now. Backed by government was a story decades ago.
    I wonder people out there still emotionally supports that monstrous conglomerate at all.
    Here in North America, Samsung is only well known as display or cell phone manufacturer.
    In fact, Samsung is running very wide spectrum of business in S.Korea.
    Whatever you imagine, they already had it. from bakery business to auto/aerospace.

It's not comparable. Samsung is a company supported by the government to compete with the world and therefore receives emotional support from the entire population. Korean people are also extremely nationalistic.

Also, a program called kakaotalk is a must have. Without it, the phone will not sell at all in korea.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    02-16-13 12:58 PM
    Samsung is pretty much globalized now. Backed by government was a story decades ago.
    I wonder people out there still emotionally supports that monstrous conglomerate at all.
    Here in North America, Samsung is only well known as display or cell phone manufacturer.
    In fact, Samsung is running very wide spectrum of business in S.Korea.
    Whatever you imagine, they already had it. from bakery business to auto/aerospace.
    Samsung cut a $2 bln deal with the Ontario govt in Canada to supply solar energy, so yes wide spectrum....
    02-16-13 01:01 PM
    Went to another FutureShop store just north of Toronto. Z10 is selling as well as iPhones. I assume they are referring to iPhone 5. I asked about Windows Phones and they said they were selling next to none of them.
    02-16-13 04:09 PM
    Did they say anything about ratios of Andoird/iPhone/Z10? 1:1 iPhone to Z10 sale ratio? Anything like this?
    02-16-13 04:31 PM
113,256 ... 220221222223224 ...