View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I have to admire what BB is doing. They are really turning the tables on the consumer market. They have launched in the UK, Canada, and the UAE. By doing so, they are creating a buzz, (thankfully due to strong, we all assume, sales in the respective markets). What this is doing is turning the US market into, for the first time in a very long time, a me too market. The three markets they launched to first are influential on the world stage, and all very different in their own right. In consumerist markets, one must create a desire to own, and the only real powerful way of doing so, is showing that many others already do. Whether this was due to circumstance, or planned outright, I believe that the upcoming year will truly bleed black.
    I think their choice of where to deliver their product first was due to lack of proper supply. Even when they DO deliver to the USA, I predict they will have short stock with a "trickle" re-supply coming for months.

BBRY lack of stock excitement after introduction is not a good sign. Worst is the Z10 being delivered with it not being what everyone expected, much like their tablet.
    _dimi_ likes this.
    02-12-13 05:01 AM
    I think their choice of where to deliver their product first was due to lack of proper supply. Even when they DO deliver to the USA, I predict they will have short stock with a "trickle" re-supply coming for months.

BBRY lack of stock excitement after introduction is not a good sign. Worst is the Z10 being delivered with it not being what everyone expected, much like their tablet.
    Key word here is "think". Any proof at all for any of this drivel?
    s0be, cjcampbell and anon(757282) like this.
    02-12-13 06:36 AM
    [QUOTE=greggebhardt;7973020]I think their choice of where to deliver their product first was due to lack of proper supply. Even when they DO deliver to the USA, I predict they will have short stock with a "trickle" re-supply coming for months.

BBRY lack of stock excitement after introduction is not a good sign. Worst is the Z10 being delivered with it not being what everyone expected, much like their tablet.[/QUOTE

Your living proof of what all the shorts are saying....believing what a few articles are saying....coincidentally those articles serve only one purpose...to feed the shorts.
    02-12-13 06:44 AM
    Let's go with the fact that Blackberry got dumped by Celestica because they wouldn't commit to minimum volumes.
    02-12-13 06:47 AM
    Let's go with the fact that Blackberry got dumped by Celestica because they wouldn't commit to minimum volumes.
    I think you got that backwards:

Celestica out to prove there is life after RIM - The Globe and Mail
    02-12-13 06:55 AM
    He is a troll. I think he is a ex-rim employee who is bitter. Always bashing. What a pathetic person.
    02-12-13 06:56 AM
    He is a troll. I think he is a ex-rim employee who is bitter. Always bashing. What a pathetic person.
    Agree...lets focus on real facts (not unsupported half baked smear) and positive karma as the OP wished.
    02-12-13 07:05 AM
    We closed yesterday above 20day MA 15.67, as long as the price stays above, we should be seeing a move up. we cant be green all the time, so yesterdays pullback was in place. personally hoping to buy today if it drops to around 15.30$ - if it gets there

We have a strong support at 15.01$ and I would say a good one at 15.31$
    Last edited by AlexejKir; 02-12-13 at 07:30 AM.
    02-12-13 07:13 AM
    Premarket is fighting up from 15.30....I am thinking you nailed it.
    02-12-13 07:23 AM
    Or...head fake up and then house of pain....we shall see
    02-12-13 07:31 AM
    Or...head fake up and then house of pain....we shall see
    I think that we should hold above 15$, if its a fake head up, I dont think that many ppl in here would care, as it looks like they are not playing on a daily basis but in long term. I wouldnt mind the drop to 15$, gives a better position to buy. (Im long since 12.2)
    Shanerredflag and s0be like this.
    02-12-13 07:39 AM

You're making the same mistake a lot of tech media and various internet commenters made: assuming there's a correlation between share price at launch, and how the device will fare in future sales. There's no connection - share price at launch was affected by a lot of profit-taking, and won't reflect perceived value in the stock for quite some time yet.

For another example of this, see AAPL's price every time they launch - it nearly always goes down, yet they still pull in record sales.

Edit: meh. troll poster is trolling
    Last edited by Marc_Paradise; 02-12-13 at 08:32 AM.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-12-13 08:04 AM
    I get that aapl has a great ecosystem beyond their walled garden (lots of peripheral devices to plug an iWhatever into). What I don't get is these CIOs switching OSs so late in the cycle.
    its like they are switching to buggy-whip factories after Ford introduced the model-T. Warren Buffet is often quoted as saying, "Don't invest in anything you don't intend to hold for ten years and don't invest in anything you don't understand". He doesn't invest much in the tech sector. I think we can safely say that 5 years is a long time in the tech sector. In '07 BBRY was king, in '12, not so much. I am pretty sure that the rim-pire will be back in the cat-bird seat by '17 but there is no telling what aapl/android/samsung/etc has in the pipeline that could reset the board. I hope that rim isn't so focus on the Z10 and Q10 that they let the R&D slip away. Thor promised 6 devices this year, and we are hearing the release time for the Q10 is slipping further into the future. The shorts must be seeing that as a sign that we bulls are ignoring. I guess we won't be hearing about any other products until after the release of the Q10. The bears out there must think we are blinded by our commitment to BBRY.
    02-12-13 08:15 AM
    Insanely low volume today in the first 15minutes. Not even 1MM yet.
    02-12-13 08:46 AM
    Insanely low volume today in the first 15minutes. Not even 1MM yet.
    Volume is over 7 million - yahoo, google, et al are 15 minutes delayed, or so they say. In practice, I've noticed them to be even further behind than that.
    02-12-13 08:48 AM
    Money flows out of Apple and into Blackberry

Money Flows Out Of Apple And Into BlackBerry - Forbes
    Tom689 and s0be like this.
    02-12-13 08:49 AM
    I think you guys need another chart to focus on.

Here is today's chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-feb-12-2013-chart.jpg

I may sound like a broken record here but I think some of you are missing the point here. We have a huge upside today with the RSI at 55, we have support at the 10-dma today after successfully testing it yesterday. They opened us at the 5-dma yesterday and held it down for the whole day. Big deal, either you rally off the 5-dma and try to make new highs right out of the gate, and probably fail, or you back up and set out on an achievable path. That is what we are doing today. We are up on the day, making a higher low than yesterday. We have to get above the 5-dma at $ 16.25/shr to take a run at a new high. We can easily be at new highs this week. This is the very first time the stock have broken the 5-dma to the downside without testing the top of the channel. We need to hold in the $ 15.30's and pop above the 5-dma in order to have a terrific rally from here. The target is still $ 20.50/shr for this rally and nothing has changed. Let's close near the 5-dma and set ourselves up for a new highs on Friday.

As long as we don't make new lows for today, we are setting up for another push higher this week. The stock is trading perfectly and too many of you are hoping for upside moves that take time to build to. Support is at yesterday's low, the 10-dma proved to be technical support yesterday, let's not drop below these levels and setup for the 5-dma. Good luck everyone!!!
    02-12-13 08:55 AM
    Was actually hoping for a drop.. now not sure where to buy...
    Andrew4life likes this.
    02-12-13 08:55 AM
    Was actually hoping for a drop.. now not sure where to buy...
    Ha ha, same.
    Lets see what happens at 10 oclock. Slump or rally.
    02-12-13 08:58 AM
    Volume is over 7 million - yahoo, google, et al are 15 minutes delayed, or so they say. In practice, I've noticed them to be even further behind than that.
    I didn't notice as I always find Google to be on point, except for today. Usually in the first 15min we get at least a few MM in traded shares.
    02-12-13 08:59 AM
    Patience everyone. BBRY is trying to tell is something, I am just not sure what it is.... Expecting to buy on a daily low is unrealistic. Expecting it to rocket up is also not realistic. Yes it could happen, but I suspect the next big move is news related, not technical. Consolidation can sometimes be healthy, esp. with all the shorts out there. I think they are sitting on their hands now, waiting for the "news" and then will pounce. If the news is overly positive, they may be the ones getting pounced on.
    02-12-13 09:15 AM
    02-12-13 09:17 AM
    That would be cool to see things going up on Friday. Not necessarily for trading purposes, but rather to see Blackberry looking better to others as we go through these launches. dang I can't wait until the new phones are available here in the USA.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-12-13 09:26 AM
    You're
    02-12-13 09:31 AM
    That would be cool to see things going up on Friday. Not necessarily for trading purposes, but rather to see Blackberry looking better to others as we go through these launches. dang I can't wait until the new phones are available here in the USA.
    I feel your pain. Waiting for my red BB10 to get here is a long and arduous wait.

On the plus side, BB.TO is keeping me company.
    02-12-13 09:31 AM
113,250 ... 187188189190191 ...