View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Now it's time to see if the stock crashes from that superbowl ad.
    02-03-13 09:01 PM
    Just saw a Bell Z10 commercial! They're finally starting to pump out the ads.
    Yes. Saw a couple of different ones.
    02-03-13 09:07 PM
    I'd double my ownership at $12 or $10.

I don't see it dropping back below $13 though, IMO.

I'm expecting an early rally.
    02-03-13 09:33 PM
    Can't wait to see all the new marketing that BB has planned for the states. These few weeks of waiting may turn out to be a blessing in disguise
    02-03-13 09:33 PM
    I personally don't see a lot of optimism. I think the general consensus about the Z10 was that it's great that BB finally caught up somewhat but it isn't anything compelling to win over anyone from Apple/Android and investors are concerned about this. So it's basically back to square one. All fanboyism aside, what are you guys thinking will hike the stock price up?
    02-03-13 09:57 PM
    I'd double my ownership at $12 or $10.

I don't see it dropping back below $13 though, IMO.

I'm expecting an early rally.
    If the UK sales and pre-order frenzy are to be believed then the new Blackberrys are doing far better than anyone expected.
    02-03-13 09:58 PM
    I think the stock found it's new bottom for a while. The only thing that would drive is down is some really bad news. Watching the stock last few days, every time there was a dip, buyers would quickly jump in and bring back the price. I think with some preliminary sales data this thing could pop. I expect the stock to consolidate at 13-14 for a while before making a move.
    I agree. It's about sales potential now. Results are what will matter most to investors here on out.
    02-03-13 10:02 PM
    Initial sales reports from the last few days should be available before the market opens tomorrow so I'm hoping their is some positive news and what we've been hearing is true.
    02-03-13 10:08 PM
    Last week the market was selling the news.

Monday is when they'll start buying the rumours.
    02-03-13 10:48 PM
    Blackberry commercial is ranked #1.
    Super Bowl Commercials from Feb. 3, 2013 - NFL.com
    Not bad guys. I'm thinking this is not a bad thing.
    02-03-13 11:00 PM
    Blackberry commercial is ranked #1.
    Not bad guys. I'm thinking this is not a bad thing.
    I wonder if that will make any difference, but it is good none the less.
    02-03-13 11:01 PM
    By the way you can still give your thumbs up.
    02-03-13 11:02 PM
    It's funny how these things work. I myself didn't really think that the commercial was a standout in any way. But apparently I was wrong. I can't see any reason why this was money bad spent. The late US release may turn out to be a good thing. If we get decent press from sale figures in the UK and Canada this may create a pent up demand in the US. I just don't see how this recognition could hurt.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-03-13 11:07 PM
    Gotta say tho that Budwieser commercial was pretty good too.
    02-03-13 11:15 PM
    I bet it's gonna drop hard. The ad will be measured in dollars and cents (or maybe just cents!)

I am long rimm
    02-03-13 11:15 PM
    Tom, are you talking stock prices or what? Just what do you mean?

I guess I should add also long BBRY
    02-03-13 11:21 PM
    when to the nfl site but can't see the BB10 commercial ?
    02-04-13 02:11 AM
    This could be quite bullish for the stock if confirmed.

Source: Seeking Alpha
    ------------------------
    Following Friday's early channel checks of the BlackBerry (BBRY) BB10 launch, here are some telling anecdotal tales from London over the weekend:

I walked into a Phones4U on Oxford Street (flagship store) Saturday. The store too was just ending sales of its 'Sim-free handset' due to lack of stock. The manager was genuinely shocked by what he had seen. There was only a handful of contract-only phones left. To be fair, this location had devoted a full half of its retail space to BB10, the entire second floor. It was impressive BB Day in that store. Time was 2PM Saturday.

On Sunday AM, I called numerous Phones4U London stores and they reported being out of stock or minor stock restricted for contracts.

I checked out another major Phones4U outlet in a mall, it had three handsets left, also for contracts only. The managers were also very impressed with the opening. I asked them how it compared to the Nokia (NOK) Lumia, and he said there was absolutely no comparison, almost mocking the suggestions that Nokia had had a successful launch there.

I next walked into CarphoneWarehouse at the same mall. It was out of stock. I asked how the launch had gone, if he had any observations etc. He smiled and offered, "Our Oxford Street (Flagship UK store) had sold 400 handsets in a day, maybe two. They were wiped out." I asked if that was a good number and he chuckled back that it was simply a total blow-out.

So then I had asked him too how this compared to the Nokia Lumia launch. He said there was simply no comparison, 'that was a non-event.'

What are the ramifications for BlackBerry, who had been left for dead, to trump and knock Nokia/Lumia out of 3rd place? This is important because the market believes that the Nokia/Lumia launch was very successful, have a look here or here.

What Else?

Opening weekend is a strong indicator, but it doesn't guarantee this movie has 'legs.' For that, you need word of mouth. Are early adopters happy? Are they going to evangelize this new platform?

User Feedback is excellent on Vodafone (VOD). This is a solid indicator for word of mouth. So Yes, between now and the US launch we can expect a certain organic ground swell / positive momentum and word of mouth.

Next, who is buying these phones? Are they solely pent up BlackBerry fans as shorts would want you to believe? Checkout this revealing poll from Crackberry.com:

(click to enlarge)

Approximately 40% are coming from IOS or Android? Is the total universe of potential buyers only the 79 million current BB users or can this BB10 achieve the unthinkable and peel users away from IOS and Android? It appears it may be able to do just that.

This comment from a responder to the above poll beautifully encapsulated the iPhoners who were leaving:

"iPhone 4 to z10. I can't wait as I have become bored of iOS and don't feel it innovates anymore and feel the iPhone 5 is just a thinner slightly faster version of the phone I have so not worth buying."

Or this user:

"After years of iPhone i need something new to try...Android and Windows Phone aren't an alternative for me, consequently there is only BB 10 left. So i will give it a try (but my Apple device will still be in the drawer^^)"

These users are poster boys for Apple's (AAPL) "Upgrade Fatigue" syndrome, there are also numerous others leaving from iPhone 5, even more shocking.

This Indecision is buggin me

So what do we know so far:

-The UK launch looks successful (Canada pre-launch flying too)

-eBay (EBAY) units are still selling north of $1200

-Users are very happy/ positive word of mouth 'movie has legs'

-The BB10 has shown it can appeal beyond the BB stalwarts (Shocking!)

-and all this without a keyboard?

The short RIMM / BBRY position on this stock is enormous (135M shares or 27% of the float) and shorts are going to come under great pressure very quickly if UK/ Canada news is positive given a US launch is only a month away. The trade that this was Palm all over again was simply too easy and lazy. Try to do your own due diligence, which involves seeing and handling a BB10. Professional Wall street channel checks will come in Monday, and if those are as bullish as mine, then it's, 'All in' time.
    02-04-13 05:19 AM
    It seems we can no longer apply technical analysis now the ticker symbol has changed? :-) Historical prices do not seem present (yet)
    02-04-13 05:49 AM
    This will prove to be an interesting week for the stock price!

We are pushing up against support on the bottom. If we break through then the technical picture starts to get ugly. However, if we hold start climbing again and stay in the channel, then things improve (although we still need to watch for a head and shoulders).

I'm still long, but if the support breaks then I'll need to dump the shares for now.
    02-04-13 06:17 AM
    NASDAQ shows BBRY stock up nearly 6% in pre-market trading on Monday, February 4, 2013!
    02-04-13 06:17 AM
    02-04-13 06:23 AM
    Up 5.57% in pre....Boom

And climbing by the minute...
    02-04-13 06:37 AM
    Breaking : "Bernstein upgraded RIM/Blackberry to outperform, hikes target from $12 to $22, according to several reports."
    02-04-13 07:06 AM
    I only wish you could but they pulled the NUMBER #1 ad the blackberry ad. I think deep pockets started crying blackberry beat out everyone with ease.
    02-04-13 07:23 AM
113,252 ... 149150151152153 ...