View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    BBM preinstalled on other phones? Interesting...

BlackBerry in talks to preload BBM on rival handsets | Mobile - CNET News

Yeah, whatever....so i was 11 minutes late to the party...
    cjcampbell, lcjr, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    06-05-13 03:20 PM
    BBM preinstalled on other phones? Interesting...

BlackBerry in talks to preload BBM on rival handsets | Mobile - CNET News
    What is equally interesting is that Kristian Tear said "BBM has an active user base of 61 million customers around the world, with 70 percent using it daily".

Two quarters ago the 'active user base' for BBM was reported as 55 million. Two weeks ago Heins was quoted as saying the 'active user base' was 60 million. If these figures are correct the user numbers for BBM have gone up 10% in less than six months.
    Last edited by W Hoa; 06-05-13 at 05:40 PM.
    06-05-13 03:20 PM
    I don't think bbry provides it though. Just another tool for lawyers to leverage when convincing people that own a company to sue that company anyway.

I think bbry stopped doing this a while back.

Posted via CB10
    They provided guidance last call. For example, it was stated that for the quarter that just ended, they expect to break even due to an approx. 50% increase in marketing costs and increased production to accommodate the continued widespread rollout. Would that not be considered guidance?
    matthewriedle likes this.
    06-05-13 03:21 PM
    A10 news is here: BlackBerry's next flagship phone: The all-touchscreen A10 | Mobile - CNET News

Just a RUMOR?, I do not think so but not "announced by BB
    More like rehashing of old news, with a sprinkle of reaffirmation by the carrier.
    06-05-13 03:21 PM
    Just about 20 days ago, the stock was at $16. It formed a solid bottom curve based on the trade yesterday, and today. We only closed $0.08 higher, and the volume is pretty good. It is still much oversold. The today candle should be a confirmation that reversal is starting. The coverage on CNBC, certainly, helps.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-06-05-4.17.49-pm.png

Weekly chart shows that the stoch. RSI is starting to curve upward. My guess is that we are going to close either around $13.82 this week (this would cut the body of the this week candle in half, which makes it a better reversal indicator for next week.) or breaking out of $14.05.

06-05-13 03:28 PM
    so the jump comes in the aftermarket booo
    06-05-13 03:30 PM
    06-05-13 03:32 PM
    Jim Doak talks BB shorts on BNN again. Start at about 6:40:

BNN Video Player
    06-05-13 03:33 PM
    Go to 6:45......

BNN Video Player
    Great minds think alike
    06-05-13 03:34 PM
    What is equally interesting is that Kristian Tear said "BBM has an active user base of 61 million customers around the world, with 70 percent using it daily".

Two quarters ago the 'active user base' for BBM was reported as 55 million. Two weeks ago Heins was quoted as saying the 'active user base' was 60 million. If these figures are correct the user numbers for BBM have gone up 20% in less than six months.
    More napkin math....

OK... 70% of 61 Million is 42.7 Million active users each day on BBM.
    Twitter has 554,750,000 "users" but only 115,000,000 active each month. = 21% active.

Twitter's projected revenue for 2013 is $400M, so if BBM is now 1/3 of twitter and BBM was monetized, that could be roughly $133,000,000 annually (gross I think).

This assumes no growth in BBM, just current user base.

Using facebooks revenue of $6.00 per user (if you look at channels and BBM money as being better than twitter for monetizing BBM) that works out to $256,000,000 annually. (again, gross revenue) without expanding the current user base of BBM.

Just thinkin' outloud.
    06-05-13 03:43 PM
    More napkin math....

OK... 70% of 61 Million is 42.7 Million active users each day on BBM.
    Twitter has 554,750,000 "users" but only 115,000,000 active each month. = 21% active.

Twitter's projected revenue for 2013 is $400M, so if BBM is now 1/3 of twitter and BBM was monetized, that could be roughly $133,000,000 annually (gross I think).

This assumes no growth in BBM, just current user base.

Using facebooks revenue of $6.00 per user (if you look at channels and BBM money as being better than twitter for monetizing BBM) that works out to $256,000,000 annually. (again, gross revenue) without expanding the current user base of BBM.

Just thinkin' outloud.
    You can think out loud any time you like
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    06-05-13 03:46 PM

BNN Video Player
    Jimmy Doak!!! GD good message to the sharts and the cruddy analists...lol!!!!
    06-05-13 03:47 PM
    I can confirm that. I remember Thorsten mentioning this but I couldn't find the source.

BlackBerry no longer provides guidance which means now that they are in their quiet period, they won't. At least that is my understanding.

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    06-05-13 03:47 PM
    Did you guys see Mr. Doak wave the Pacific Crest report which he trashed for spelling, sentence construction and sensationalism, etc...etc...Take that Mr. Faucette...

BNN Video Player
    06-05-13 03:51 PM
    Did you guys see Mr. Doak wave the Pacific Crest report which he trashed for spelling, sentence construction and sensationalism, etc...etc...Take that Mr. Faucette...
    Lol...he told it like it is. basically said those cruddy anal-ists are a bunch of cork soakers.

If we didn't get hit with the crud first thing this morning we would have closed much higher.
    06-05-13 03:55 PM
    What the Q10 Mean to BlackBerry - CNBC

Not sure if this was posted earlier in the day
    BThunderW, bungaboy and Acumenight like this.
    06-05-13 04:01 PM
    Lol...he told it like it is. basically said those cruddy anal-ists are a bunch of cork soakers.

If we didn't get hit with the crud first thing this morning we would have closed much higher.
    I can't open the link so I'll have to watch it later at the house. Is the video going to be seen by many or is this a small time report/video??
    06-05-13 04:04 PM
    omg that was a great burn
    Bugmapper, bungaboy, zyben and 1 others like this.
    06-05-13 04:05 PM
    I can't open the link so I'll have to watch it later at the house. Is the video going to be seen by many or is this a small time report/video??
    It's a Canadian broadcast...not sure what their viewership is though.
    lcjr likes this.
    06-05-13 04:06 PM

BNN Video Player
    Hilarious. Sad...yet hilarious.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and matthewriedle like this.
    06-05-13 04:13 PM
    They provided guidance last call. For example, it was stated that for the quarter that just ended, they expect to break even due to an approx. 50% increase in marketing costs and increased production to accommodate the continued widespread rollout. Would that not be considered guidance?
    I'm no expert, but I didn't think that really qualified as "guidance". I thought guidance was typically specific numbers, or ranges, as in "$0.34 to $0.50 EPS and blah blah revenue of $M blah blah X units shipped" etc. I took the "break even" comment as a very fuzzy ballpark type of thing.

I guess it was guidance of a sort but I too heard them telling us a few quarters back that they would no longer provide guidance and I don't think they intended the break-even comment to be a break with that policy.
    06-05-13 04:21 PM

BNN Video Player
    I wouldn't mind him as a spokesman person for BlackBerry.
    I like the fact that he defends offensively.
    Highly valuing TH, he would be a good right hand.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, peter9477, zyben and 1 others like this.
    06-05-13 04:23 PM
    I'm no expert, but I didn't think that really qualified as "guidance". I thought guidance was typically specific numbers, or ranges, as in "$0.34 to $0.50 EPS and blah blah revenue of $M blah blah X units shipped" etc. I took the "break even" comment as a very fuzzy ballpark type of thing.

I guess it was guidance of a sort but I too heard them telling us a few quarters back that they would no longer provide guidance and I don't think they intended the break-even comment to be a break with that policy.
    Fair enough. Thanks. I appreciate the response. I'm still getting a hang of all this and seeing as after listening to Apple's call and them giving their range as guidance, it seemed to me that when BB stated what they expect for earnings, it seemed like guidance. I haven't been around long enough to listen to more than the last two ER's.
    06-05-13 04:31 PM
    Yes that was extremely amusing to see, Pac Crest logo on that piece of paper he's holding, he might aswell have set it on fire.
    06-05-13 04:35 PM
    Yep, he talks well. Here he is January explaining hedge funds and shorts regarding Blackberry...

06-05-13 04:38 PM
113,256 ... 12001201120212031204 ...