View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    This. It helps us, hurts the shorts and with a relatively low share price, the dividend doesn't have to be too large to generate a nice return. It also opens the shares to all sorts of ETF's and Mutual Funds who have to buy dividend paying stocks.
    They have too much growing that they must do before a dividend would be appropriate in my estimation.
    bungaboy and kfh227 like this.
    05-29-13 12:21 PM
    If bbry doesn't get the DoD mdm contract do you think the sp will drop?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-29-13 12:31 PM
    kinda starting to get a little worried about this thing.
    05-29-13 12:32 PM
    "Q10 Outsells iPhone in France" and stock is still down. Horsesh!t. Where is the buy on rumor?
    05-29-13 12:37 PM
    They have too much growing that they must do before a dividend would be appropriate in my estimation.
    That is probably true, but they have a large cash horde considering all they have been thru. Use it or lose it.
    matthewriedle likes this.
    05-29-13 12:42 PM

Way things are going lately it'll drop if they get it. Lol.
    05-29-13 12:44 PM
    I'm interested in what the new marketing/PR team will bring and about when and if we'll see anything different than before.
    ItsTheBox likes this.
    05-29-13 12:45 PM
    kinda starting to get a little worried about this thing.
    Why? Look at today. There have been 3 times where there has been an effort to drop the price. Each time successful too but it slowly came back out. There have been a lot of efforts over the last couple of weeks and each has definitely not had the desired effect. Each time the shares get dumped, there's someone there to pick them up at a great price. This, to me, is showing that, although there isn't a buying frenzy causing the stock to rise up dramatically, there is enough confidence to keep it from dropping it to extremes. The shorts that are dumping shares have to be worried about this. We've had 2 green days out of the last 10. That sounds pretty horrible, I know, but in that time, they've only managed to drop the price 90 cents. It won't take nearly as much effort to make it rise that amount and continue upward.
    Bilaal, lcjr, morganplus8 and 8 others like this.
    05-29-13 12:49 PM
    We need good, solid news. I agree with cjcampell, it isn't as bad as it looks. God forbid it hits the $13 mark.
    05-29-13 12:53 PM

BlackBerry has already passed the initial tests and will be in on the DoD plan. It's not a winner take all this time, but whoever can pass the tests they laid out.
    05-29-13 12:56 PM
    BlackBerry has already passed the initial tests and will be in on the DoD plan. It's not a winner take all this time, but whoever can pass the tests they laid out.
    I think he meant the MDM side of things.... and welcome back lc.... I hope all is well.
    lcjr, La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    05-29-13 12:58 PM
    "Seems like BBRY is pushing BBM.com. Saw the domain in one of their blog posts. Smart, especially with the service going cross-platform. "
    It was wise to leave windows phones behind to make a fight for the 3rd place easier.
    Last edited by gg22; 05-29-13 at 01:38 PM.
    leafs123 and bungaboy like this.
    05-29-13 12:59 PM
    LOL. That last drop triggered my call buy order with a partial fill of a whooping total of 3 contracts! Now hoping for a big drop eod so it fills the rest.
    cjcampbell, lcjr and fedakd like this.
    05-29-13 01:24 PM
    I thought for the mdm solutions provider it is only going to be one?

05-29-13 01:25 PM
    Predictions for rest of the day? Green or Red?
    05-29-13 01:29 PM
    I thought for the mdm solutions provider it is only going to be one?

Yep, I know what's going around but ill believe that when the dust settles. Even my IT buddies are skeptical on this issue. I hope to get some good Intel when I get back to work next week. I'll certainly share what's not classified, don't worry.
    05-29-13 01:38 PM
    My worst case scenario for the next week or so is a low of $14.30, with a MACD at -13. That's based on looking at the SP for just the last three months and my thinking that we are falling into our third big dip over that period.
    Well boys, it looks like we're at that place...again.

It's been a bumpy ride down but here we are and still no news. If nothing else hits the airwaves, I suppose we're sailing south for a while longer.

I figure that a worst case for next week is low $14s or high $13s (god forbid). However, if we get a bear raid, which I think is likely after that Q10 release next Wednesday, we may have some really great bargains.

Of course, you can't discount hype. The old hype machine might start to peak the interest of some investors out there to drive us higher. For now, that's my hope.

For what it's worth, that's my perspective without news.
    05-29-13 01:40 PM
    On a tech related stock note, what are people's thoughts on QUAN?

I don't think BB stock will be going sub $14 levels any time soon, and if they do, not for long. It's being extremely manipulated, so you really have to dig into the data to understand why the fluxes occur.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-29-13 01:42 PM
    05-29-13 01:48 PM
    05-29-13 01:51 PM
    I know...I had a moment... I meant in terms of turning this once great company around.
    I am with you and hope that Thor has the POWER!
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    05-29-13 01:51 PM
    riiiiiiiight, bbry is only planning on rolling this out in Indonesia smh. Nice BB_trader like logic.

05-29-13 01:57 PM
    riiiiiiiight, bbry is only planning on rolling this out in Indonesia smh. Nice BB_trader like logic.
    LOL! When I read it I thought the same thing!! He must be the author.!
    take99 and bungaboy like this.
    05-29-13 01:59 PM
    LOL! When I read it I thought the same thing!! He must be the author.!
    Hope you weren't referring to me.
    05-29-13 02:05 PM
    To compare BB to Visa is just asinine. What's funny is I read the same article on Thursday or Friday last week.... Guess they didn't get the desired effect so they re released it.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-29-13 02:06 PM
113,256 ... 11191120112111221123 ...