View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Thank you kind sir.
    And I extend my best wishes to you regarding your CT scan results. Keep yourself heathy--we need you here.
    You are welcome! I'm looking forward to the CT results as well, have my fingers crossed as I type. Here is one more chart for you showing our work meshing nicely:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-may-23b-2013-chart.jpg

Everything meshes well, the 52 week high is important too, as we look back to 2011, and the weekly chart is clean. If I were looking at this chart as a new investor I would only be adding to my initial position here. The timing for a purchase is good, I wouldn't go all in today and I would watch it closely for a rally that can last. I think this echoes what "investors" are doing today. There is no sign of the stock being pushed around by hedge funds here. Heins, where are you? We only know for certain that 2,000,000 Z10 phones have been sold in 2013. Did we sell more Heins? (Does he even follow me here?)
    05-23-13 12:16 PM
    Ok, stay calm. this is NOT 1929 (as some may think reading repetitive warnings).

BTW, since I went to my bank trade portal, I noticed the French consensus about BBRY is ... bullish
    oh, really ... NOT 1929 I should give more Daft Punk and less Rain dance ! #haha
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 05-23-13 at 12:38 PM.
    05-23-13 12:19 PM
    Duh, what a bonehead. Shorted BB at the open. Covered at a loss. Cut my loss by going long on BB. Thereafter HND after the ng report. All good now, took my cash, now shorting BB. Ah, the life and times of a day trader. The DOW now at -15, what a joke. Good work Wall Street, smoke and mirrors, sweep Ben's comments from yesterday under the carpet. Regardless, Big Ben will be back in a few weeks. Then what!?
    Listen to the guy who knows nothing (<- that's me - this as a disclaimer too).
    Buy anytime under $15 for a reasonable amount (previously earned day trading, for instance) and forget the traders rules.
    Let it roll for - say - 6 months and then look at the charts.
    That's why we are so easy here. Small amounts (for most of us), great confidence in the long term (i.e > 1 year) and the only unreasonable expectation we have is to set a giant party when the $100 is broken. Even with my so tiny 400's ... I think I can plan a nice some nice nights !

And, finally, all you, bears ... just put the money in the right portfolio and ... come and dance with us !
    And say thanks to Nile Rodgers, as I do almost every week since the birth of Chic ... but that's very personal

Last edited by Superfly_FR; 05-23-13 at 12:52 PM.
    05-23-13 12:35 PM
    This chart is to help BB_Trader out:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-may-23e-2013-chart.jpg

You already admitted you shorted the stock at the low of the day, and lost big, you probably lost on the second short too .... as we ponder rocketing through the 3-dma and the downtrend line at $ 14.60/shr. The problem you now have is whether you can claim to be short when the stock rallies up through the $ 14.60/shr mark. You are backed into a corner, you have to claim to be short now for a sell-off, or, you have to claim that you shorted at a new daily high. What is it going to be? You can always play the, "I don't carry a trade over night", excuse too, of course! We will be waiting for that next big guess.
    05-23-13 12:49 PM
    Here is one more chart for you showing our work meshing nicely...
    (I'm sure everyone knows I meant to write "healthy"... I corrected the original posting.)

Agreed. The chart I posted on Monday of this week suggested a short-term downtrend towards the major ascending trendline. I understand that such a downtrend had made some long BBRY investors uneasy and I admit that it can be gut-wrenching and simply disappointing, but (and I say this to chart skeptics or those who do not employ charts in their trading behavior) it wasn't an unexpected progression based on recent months of trading data. Without the chart's visual representation of stock-trading activity, the limits and boundaries of BBRY price undulations would not be so easily intuited and would thus be far more unsettling. This is another reason I generally like charts.

We won't know whether today is a reversal (I think it might be) that begins to elevate the stock price towards the upper trendline, which would mean (as you also suggest) a price north of $16 before testing whether we can break through. My chart suggests this won't actually happen until the first or second week of June--if I'm correct that means some additional patience is in order.

And, yes, some (encouraging) numbers from TH would be nice at some point soon, especially as we head towards that all-important $16+ price level and test the upper limit of our well-established pennant...
    05-23-13 12:53 PM
    I get my head read so I just got back from the hospital, .... 10 mins for a CT Scan and we get the results next week.
    Attachment 164452

Attachment 164454

Attachment 164460

Attachment 164465

GL
    Thanks Morgan8, but I have to ask to make sure. These are not the CT scan plots that you brought home from the hospital correct? LOL
    05-23-13 01:24 PM
    Thanks Morgan8, but I have to ask to make sure. These are not the CT scan plots that you brought home from the hospital correct? LOL
    Ha! No! We are actually looking for my motorcycle keys. I left them somewhere ...........................
    05-23-13 01:34 PM
    Attachment 164112

Ok - the pros have had their say. Now its time for amateur hour!
    It looks like we may have a reversal of the downtrend today. If so, then we may be looking at one more cycle of the waltz. I did some napkin math on the shuffle (waltz) and found the following...

Duration of cycles in calendar days [55, 45, 35] .... declining by 10 days per cycle so next should be ~25 days.
    Calendar days to first peak [13, 12, 12] (used middle of double peak in second cycle)... consistent per cycle.
    Increase in support by end of cycle [$1.00, $1.00, $1.00] .... consistent per cycle.
    SP rise in first peak [$6.50, $3.50, $2.50] .... declining but at a lower rate per cycle.

So... projection for the next cycle of the waltz is...
    Start date: May 23rd @ ~ $14.50
    First peak: June 4th @ ~ $16.50 (12 days and $2.00 increase)
    End of Cycle: June 17th @ $15.50 (25 day cycle and $1.00 increase in support overall)
    05-23-13 01:41 PM
    You are welcome! I'm looking forward to the CT results as well, have my fingers crossed as I type.
    Morgan, our kind and most thoughtful friend and Guru.

I send positive thoughts, good vibes and my spiritual well being to you.

Stand Sure!

Remember my bud, Oddball, from Bridgewater, Nova Scotia?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-kellys-heroes.jpg
    morganplus8, rarsen, zyben and 1 others like this.
    05-23-13 01:47 PM
    Bored with this 14.55-15.62 range.
    05-23-13 01:49 PM
    Morgan+8,

What happens when reach end of pendant? Just start over again or what?

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 01:49 PM
    Morgan+8,

Posted via CB10

Please zip down to the "Pennant Formation" portion of this link:

Flag and Pennant Continuation - A Trader's Notepad... Your Free Learn to Trade Resource

There is a 75% chance that the pennant resolves to the upside from here, but we'll have to wait! GL
    YangFui, bungaboy, CDM76 and 3 others like this.
    05-23-13 01:59 PM
    Thanks

Your been a wealth of information and very helpful. Is appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 02:04 PM
    Morgan+8,

Posted via CB10
    My understanding of the pendant is that once there is a sustained break out then the end of the pendant has occurred. The pendent itself is not the driver of the break out or the end of the formation.
    CDM76 likes this.
    05-23-13 02:08 PM
    Bored with this 14.55-15.62 range.
    Better than freaked out at the $12.75 - $13.20 range!

I think BBRY did very well, considering
    05-23-13 02:16 PM
    No news today....so boring! Cmon th let us know some good sales numbers, throw us a bone here we're starving!
    05-23-13 02:18 PM
    Too bad this wasn't a national law......

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/technology...ent-troll.html

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 02:26 PM
    I'd even settle for a 'sales are exceeding expectations' right about now...
    05-23-13 02:31 PM
    You are welcome! I'm looking forward to the CT results as well, have my fingers crossed as I type. Here is one more chart for you showing our work meshing nicely:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIM May 23b  2013 Chart.jpg 
Views:	493 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	164473

Everything meshes well, the 52 week high is important too, as we look back to 2011, and the weekly chart is clean. If I were looking at this chart as a new investor I would only be adding to my initial position here. The timing for a purchase is good, I wouldn't go all in today and I would watch it closely for a rally that can last. I think this echoes what "investors" are doing today. There is no sign of the stock being pushed around by hedge funds here. Heins, where are you? We only know for certain that 2,000,000 Z10 phones have been sold in 2013. Did we sell more Heins? (Does he even follow me here?)
    Hmm, thats funny, this chart kinda looks like a coffee cup! I must be going crazy
    morganplus8 and CDM76 like this.
    05-23-13 02:34 PM
    Finally added more. My finger was getting itchy! lol
    05-23-13 02:46 PM
    Ah c'mon.... I don't care if we post green by 1 bloody cent as long we don't stay red for another ******* day!! lol
    YangFui, take99, leafs123 and 4 others like this.
    05-23-13 02:51 PM
    05-23-13 02:53 PM
    No news today....so boring! Cmon th let us know some good sales numbers, throw us a bone here we're starving!
    This is my point. We have no news and nothing likely influential (besides a bear raid, which I'm surprised we haven't had yet) and we're closing lower daily.

It might not be happy news but I believe it's the way it's going to be until something powerful takes us up.

Unless you want to add to your position.
    05-23-13 02:55 PM
    Well I suppose it could have been a lot worse.
    Charles Martin1 and bungaboy like this.
    05-23-13 03:01 PM
    Well I suppose it could have been a lot worse.
    Hopefully "that's NOT what she said "
    05-23-13 03:12 PM
113,256 ... 10791080108110821083 ...