View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The ONLY reason I'm watching the share price so closely right now is because I want the price to go back over $18 so I can sell and buy up even more shares once they drop again. Then I will have enough to hold for the future. Since I can't devote more cash unless I sell other stocks, this is the only way I can get more shares. Oh, and I still have 49 more free transactions from my financial institution!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-12-13 04:10 PM
    There's 2 bearish factors to consider for the weeks ahead.

A shady and obscure US carrier released the z10 for 1,000$. No doubt people will hesitate to pay $400 extra now instead of later. "bad" news from this can hurt even if it doesn't matter

This poll
    Which BlackBerry 10 is Right for Me? Be Bold and Vote �Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog
    60% of voters want to wait for the keyboard device. That means less initial sales of z10

Our long term prospects are great even if we have uncertainty for now
    02-12-13 05:19 PM

A shady and obscure US carrier released the z10 for 1,000$. No doubt people will hesitate to pay $400 extra now instead of later. "bad" news from this can hurt even if it doesn't matter

This poll
    Which BlackBerry 10 is Right for Me? Be Bold and Vote �Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog
    60% of voters want to wait for the keyboard device. That means less initial sales of z10

on the contrary it is bullish it shows there is demand in the US, since when are extra sales a negative?
    02-12-13 06:11 PM
    Yahoo finance has a great list of BlackBerry headlines...

BBRY: Summary for Research In Motion Limited- Yahoo! Finance
    02-12-13 06:35 PM

This poll

If 60% of voters want to wait, and we are already having such great demand, doesn't it mean that it's a good thing?
    Of course you can take any story and spin it however you want to.
    02-12-13 06:46 PM
    ^^^AGREE^^^...up two cents in after market which tells me there are at least two percent of people bullish BBRY (tongue in cheek)
    02-12-13 07:05 PM
    We need to have the biggest sales figures as soon as possible
    02-12-13 08:13 PM
    I don't care where it is from day to day, as long as nothing fatal happens. As a matter of fact, I have some money lined up in case it goes to $12 or $13.
    In the end, I hope to keep it for years as it climbs above $50, then $100, then $200 etc.
    nukemango and morganplus8 like this.
    02-12-13 08:27 PM
    BlackBerry Workspace demoed on iOS and Android devices | CrackBerry.com - I saw a demo of this at BlackBerry Experience Forum in Toronto.

BlackBerry WorkSpace is a killer app. You install it on iPhone or Android. It creates a secure, encrypted space, and has it's own email, contacts and calendar client; and can be managed by your company's IT/BlackBerry admin (without them having to impose any restrictive settings on rest of your device features). My guess is BlackBerry will be selling this app on per user basis (like they sell CAL license for each BB/BES user). So, it doesn't matter what smartphone a company (like HomeDepot) uses, as long as they install BB WorkSpace on their non BlackBerry devices.

This is going to generate revenue for BlackBerry regardless of what device the company is using. BlackBerry does not even need to do any manufacturing, they simply develop the software - BB WorkSpace app - and charge a per-user license/CAL fee. Clearly, this has HUGE revenue potential.

I think this (potential) additional revenue from BlackBerry WorkSpace app has NOT been factored into the stock price yet. I think by June 2013, we will start to see BlackBerry service revenue being generated from this WorkSpace app. And that should really light-up the stock! All these fears about possible decrease in service revenue, loss of sales (when companies like HomeDepot drop BlackBerry in favor of Apple) will be rendered moot when BlackBerry shows that it can still generate revenue to more than off-set any loss!

Not to mention, additional revenue will also be generated from commission in sale of apps, music/video and other content, (NFC) payment processing. I think BlackBerry stock is really going to take off in June. What we have seen so far (from $6 to $16) is just a trailer. Post June 2013, when BlackBerry releases some hard financial data from these additional revenue streams, the stock is going to just light-up!
    02-12-13 10:42 PM
    Taking a look at the charts, we have some strong resistance in the $14 range but another interesting thing is this would be forming a double bottom (W) formation as well.
    You can't have a double bottom in an uptrend.
    02-13-13 12:46 AM
    You can't have a double bottom in an uptrend.
    Are you sure about that?
    q649 likes this.
    02-13-13 01:30 AM
    I have to admit that I'm really disappointed in the protectionism being displayed by the US. It's not just the silliness we are seeing with BBRY but a whole series of things. They seem to want their cake and eat it too.
    02-13-13 04:11 AM
    No pre-market trades for BBRY today...
    02-13-13 06:00 AM
    4:50 AM Global mobile phone sales -1.7% to 1.75B units in 2012, the first decline since 2009, as demand for feature phones fell. "Tough economic conditions, shifting consumer preferences, and intense market competition weakened the worldwide mobile phone market," Gartner says. However, Q4 smartphone sales +38.3% to 207.7M, with Samsung (SSNLF.PK) and Apple (AAPL) increasing their market share to 52%. Samsung's total 2012 sales 384.6M units, giving it 22% market share vs 17.7% in 2011. Nokia 333.9M and 19.1% vs 23.8%. Apple 130.1M and 7.5% vs 5%. Samsung is also the leading vendor of smartphones, while in Q4, Huawei takes number three spot with sales of 27.2M. Q4 smartphone market share by OS: Android 69.7% vs 51.3% in 2011, iOS 20.9% vs 23.6%, BlackBerry 3.5% vs 8.8%, Microsoft 3% vs 1.8%. "With Samsung commanding over 42.5% of the Android market globally, and the next vendor at just 6% share, the Android brand is being overshadowed by Samsung's brand with the Galaxy name nearly a synonym for Android phones in consumers' mind share," says Gartner.
    02-13-13 06:24 AM
    Pre market today is showing up 0.22.
    02-13-13 06:35 AM
    BBRY needs an up day today. We need to stop this slide and put up a defense today. Too many technical breakdowns if we slip much further on no news. Let's hope we get a +.50 or more day today.
    02-13-13 07:22 AM
    No it needs to drop more.
    02-13-13 07:34 AM
    No it needs to drop more.
    I agree...we'll see sub $14 before the USA launch.
    02-13-13 07:46 AM
    Anyone hear if that USA carrier is selling any phones for $1000? Even if there's anything negative about that "deal" it'll drive the shares down...
    02-13-13 07:49 AM
    Anyone hear if that USA carrier is selling any phones for $1000? Even if there's anything negative about that "deal" it'll drive the shares down...
    BlackBerry Z10 comes to the US early thanks to Solavei | CrackBerry.com
    Early release, therefore the huge price. Not a chance this will be the definitive price though.
    02-13-13 08:04 AM
    It's being released by a small carrier which has a different business model than the big US carriers. hence the $1000 no contract price. More is being made out of this than it is.
    02-13-13 08:16 AM
    DUBAI—Research In Motion Ltd. is close to an agreement with telecoms operators in the United Arab Emirates which will allow the manufacturer of BlackBerry devices to offer Internet-based voice and video services for the first time to users in the Persian Gulf country, providing a potential boost to sales of the recently-launched Z10 handset

RIM Close to U.A.E. Internet Voice Deal - WSJ.com
    m0de25 likes this.
    02-13-13 08:19 AM
    Think we might have seen HOD just now and now heading towards 15$ and possibly even to 14,50$, will be adding at that area

edit: BBRY is down 1,63% in Frankfurt, so says a lot where is this heading
    02-13-13 08:37 AM
    Think we might have seen HOD just now and now heading towards 15$ and possibly even to 14,50$, will be adding at that area
    Lets hope we also saw LOD
    02-13-13 08:41 AM
    don't forget what morganplus8 wrote yesterday.

I think you guys need another chart to focus on.

Here is today's chart:

Attachment 135500

I may sound like a broken record here but I think some of you are missing the point here. We have a huge upside today with the RSI at 55, we have support at the 10-dma today after successfully testing it yesterday. They opened us at the 5-dma yesterday and held it down for the whole day. Big deal, either you rally off the 5-dma and try to make new highs right out of the gate, and probably fail, or you back up and set out on an achievable path. That is what we are doing today. We are up on the day, making a higher low than yesterday. We have to get above the 5-dma at $ 16.25/shr to take a run at a new high. We can easily be at new highs this week. This is the very first time the stock have broken the 5-dma to the downside without testing the top of the channel. We need to hold in the $ 15.30's and pop above the 5-dma in order to have a terrific rally from here. The target is still $ 20.50/shr for this rally and nothing has changed. Let's close near the 5-dma and set ourselves up for a new highs on Friday.

As long as we don't make new lows for today, we are setting up for another push higher this week. The stock is trading perfectly and too many of you are hoping for upside moves that take time to build to. Support is at yesterday's low, the 10-dma proved to be technical support yesterday, let's not drop below these levels and setup for the 5-dma. Good luck everyone!!!
    02-13-13 08:42 AM
113,251 ... 192193194195196 ...