View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I 100% agree. BB should take some action to protect good shareholders.
    I don't like stock movement for last few days.
    I'd prefer they spend their energy making BlackBerry a success, and the pps will take care of itself. If you're worried about daily or even weekly fluctuations in the stock price, I'm not sure you're what I would consider a "good shareholder".
    02-12-13 01:49 PM
    There just isn't manipulation going on here. Its trading technically and on news. Guess what, the "facts" usually aren't as bad or as good as certain people would have us believe. It is what makes a market. Someone buys and someone sells. I'd say the price action since launch has been entirely rational and healthy. Its not the shorts, its not the tin foil hat crowd, its not the i or bb fan boys, it the thing they call Wall Street. MP+8 has shown us the chart and how it is well within the standard trading range of what we would expect to see. I can tell you, for better or worse, take it or leave it, that this what happens to stocks like BBRY when they release a new product. I don't see manipulation or bias I see people with an opinion and willing to spend some $$ on it. Just because some of you (us) love BB10, doesn't mean the stock should immediately soar past $20, it was almost $6.00 just a few months ago so it has already had an incredible rise. Debate it, post, it is fun and and entertaining and helps kills time at my day job, but please see if for what it is, a market at work with all its warts, and not a vast, manipulated conspiracy. Vent off.... Thanks.
    02-12-13 02:03 PM
    It was interesting to watch this segment. The arguments put forward by Dan Niles were basic at best and completely ungrounded at worst. I cant believe the guy was voted "best on the street".
    Basically when you watch those segments you can see who has their positions where. Ford and Niles are long APPL, short BBRY. Niles even tried to spin the conference call from Cook, which was terrible.

Weis' counterpoints were all spot on. He even admitted the device was very good. Interesting how things are playing out....

Lunchtime movement was due to CNBC. They interviewed Dan Niles an analyst who was negative on BBRY. Steve Weiss, one of the CNBC regulars shot down a bunch of his arguments, great phone, how many flash light apps do you need, BBRY is not PALM, they have a subscriber base, etc. Apparently the CNBC viewers believed Niles and it sold off before recovering after the show ended. I was hoping it would have bounced off the firm defense Weiss offered and that worries me a bit. Not sure if CNBC will post a video link but it was a classic pro v anti argument, pretty much what we all know about and see here, but well done.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-12-13 02:12 PM
    I am somewhat confused by Morganplus8's chart. Can you identify low and high from that chart? Is the low suppose to be MA(10) $15.20 as shown in upper-left side of the chart? So, if we hold the low today, the technicals predict that it'd rally to $20.50?
    02-12-13 02:13 PM
    Holy gumdrops! i come back from lunch and look what you guys have done! Thank goodness Kid Vibe in here takes things serious. hahahahaha
    MoolahMitch and Kid Vibe like this.
    02-12-13 02:20 PM
    It was interesting to watch this segment. The arguments put forward by Dan Niles were basic at best and completely ungrounded at worst. I cant believe the guy was voted "best on the street".
    Basically when you watch those segments you can see who has their positions where. Ford and Niles are long APPL, short BBRY. Niles even tried to spin the conference call from Cook, which was terrible.
    Weis' counterpoints were all spot on. He even admitted the device was very good. Interesting how things are playing out....
    Ford is a journalist and barred from trading. He is usually spot on in his reporting. I have seen him crunch Apple's quarterly reports as released and he is very good on his feet. Niles has a view. He could certainly be wrong, he's just been more right than wrong in the past but he could be wrong on this one. He's clearly got skin in the game and tells you why and what he's doing. Agree or disagree its his view and his (clients) $$$.
    02-12-13 02:38 PM
    Kinda shows the herd mentality:

Last edited by Shanerredflag; 02-12-13 at 02:53 PM.
    02-12-13 02:42 PM
    And tomorrow will be a better day.
    02-12-13 03:00 PM
    what the heck? maybe it was a long day for me but I don't get the point of this article. title is very deceiving.
    Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) Decides To Restrict Blackberry 10 UNTIL 2014 | Cogo News
    02-12-13 03:05 PM
    Not looking good right now. Have to consult my source for advice here....The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-fortune-teller.jpg
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    Don't sweat the daily price swings (I sound like a broken record). If you're a trader use this opportunity to pick up more shares.

We're pretty much at the support line right now, so hopefully we won't open lower tomorrow as it would mean more downside. I can't believe that none of the US media is reporting anything regarding UK, Canada and UAE sales. I was sure someone would have picked it up by now.

I missed todays webinar with Blackberry as I'm on the road all day, but it looks like there was no significant news as the stock didn't budge much.

Looking at the trend though we might be heading south a bit more till Friday's option expiration. We need some news to prop the price up but it it continues down, I'll continue playing it that way.

If you're long for long term, don't worry about it. Wait till March ER. Things will get interesting.
    Don't sweat the daily price swings (I sound like a broken record). If you're a trader use this opportunity to pick up more shares.

We're pretty much at the support line right now, so hopefully we won't open lower tomorrow as it would mean more downside. I can't believe that none of the US media is reporting anything regarding UK, Canada and UAE sales. I was sure someone would have picked it up by now.

I missed todays webinar with Blackberry as I'm on the road all day, but it looks like there was no significant news as the stock didn't budge much.

Looking at the trend though we might be heading south a bit more till Friday's option expiration. We need some news to prop the price up but it it continues down, I'll continue playing it that way.

If you're long for long term, don't worry about it. Wait till March ER. Things will get interesting.
    No worries here, but I was feeling victorious after picking up a few more shares at $15.47, but then my bubble started to deflate and continued till closing. LOL
    02-12-13 03:13 PM
    I have a feeling we'll see more downside, until there's new news that cause interest and change.
    what the heck? maybe it was a long day for me but I don't get the point of this article. title is very deceiving.
    Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) Decides To Restrict Blackberry 10 UNTIL 2014 | Cogo News
    Ok, never heard of "Cogonews", but to me it is totally written wrong. I think what this article really says is that Blackberry will continue to sell BB7 devices along with BB10 devices. Maybe the "restricting" means that they aren't going to bring out a low-ball BB10 model that could kill low-end BB phones.

But really I don't see any bad news in this even though the reporter puts a negative spin on it.
    That article barely makes any sense
    BThunderW likes this.
    02-12-13 03:18 PM
    That article barely makes any sense
    Well thank god this article isn't on a mainstream news site I think we can safely ignore and delete.
    02-12-13 03:22 PM
    You did better than me. I had to get going shortly after opening bell so I set my buy/sell stops accordingly. I had an order execute at 15.65 so even though I picked up whole bunch of shares, the stock continued to trend down. By the time I got to the computer it was already hovering near LOD and it wasn't worth making another play.

No worries here, but I was feeling victorious after picking up a few more shares at $15.47, but then my bubble started to deflate and continued till closing. LOL
    02-12-13 03:23 PM
    Hoping it doesn't go below $15. But who knows... Until the media starts poppin some more positives, there wont be much upside. But I really hope that we can get back to 17-18 within a couple weeks.
    02-12-13 03:24 PM
    I have a feeling we'll see more downside, until there's new news that cause interest and change.
    There IS news and rumors, most of it positive. And then the criminals replay the old Home Despot over and over again to manipulate the prices.

There is news on strong phone demand and sales. This should be moving stock prices higher. This needs to happen. Period.
    02-12-13 03:24 PM
    Yep, if you look at the article and click on the author (Kimberly Thomas) you can see her past articles as well. Apparently she reads or hears half a story and fills in the gap with her opinion. trash in trash out. Concider who she writes for....
    02-12-13 03:26 PM

This is from my post yesterday:

Manufacturer to focus prepay sales on BlackBerry 7 and 7.1 handsets.

BlackBerry managing director for Europe Stephen Bates has revealed that the manufacturer will not be bringing any BlackBerry 10 prepay devices to market until 2014, Mobile Today has reported.

Speaking to Mobile, Bates said that BlackBerry would be focussing prepay sales on its BlackBerry 7 and 7.1 devices. �With BB10 we are trying to establish a new platform. We are intending to expand the portfolio towards the mid-tier in 2013 and entry-level phones will come next year.�

BlackBerry�s decision to release its touch-screen Z10 smartphone first was deemed a risky move by some, with many retailers and operators showing a preference for the Q10, which features the manufacturer�s trademark physical keyboard.

However, despite initial orders reflecting an air of caution, Jefferies analyst Peter Jefferies commented following launch: �We believe Carphone Warehouse is seeing widespread sell-outs, while O2, Vodafone, Orange and EE are seeing robust demand.�

Bates explained that the decision to release the Z10 first was in order to emphasise the innovative nature of the new operating system. He commented: �With the touch-screen handset, it was a case that that device was the best way to articulate the cinematic experience across the screen, the power of the applications, the power of browsing and showing off the innovation.�
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    02-12-13 03:43 PM
    Ok thanks. I thought I was losing my mind because I couldn't completely comprehend that article at all.
    02-12-13 03:47 PM
    yeah, she buggered that one up.
    02-12-13 03:50 PM
    that article is a showing up on google finance, so that's pretty mainstream.

Well thank god this article isn't on a mainstream news site I think we can safely ignore and delete.
    I'll go out on a limb here and point out that we had 5 straight days of declines after launch. No News is bad News in this case. Without Blackberry making some kind of announcement (apps, partners, relaese dates, anything) the "journalists" will be looking for old articles to rehash. if we've seen it once, we've seen it a thousand times.

I'm long since September, I didn't jump ship before the launch and i don't have any more money "just lying around" so I'm not going to start playing the dips (coulda, woulda, shoulda- maybe!)
    02-12-13 03:51 PM
    Taking a look at the charts, we have some strong resistance in the $14 range but another interesting thing is this would be forming a double bottom (W) formation as well.

Things can definitely get interesting in the next week or 2.
    02-12-13 03:55 PM
113,256 ... 191192193194195 ...