Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    My guess 130 mill with price closing around $14.80 - 15

See my post from last week..
    I guess my $15 might happen before end of this week..Monday and almost hit 15. Just little worried those 137mill shorts..This is what they had done post ER. Longs do not sell..do not sell. Wait for $20 before Jan 30, if ca not wait for $20, how about $17..hold your longs..
    coldsword likes this.
    01-14-13 11:39 AM
    I'd say it should break $15 again in the next 15 minutes, based on the bouncing ball pattern.
    01-14-13 11:43 AM
    $15 must be magical because it has been coming and going so much today. just need it to stay there. Are these new shorts that ppl keep putting in at $15?
    01-14-13 11:43 AM
    When it finally breaks $15, you should see a healthy jump, not much resistance after that for a while.
    01-14-13 11:54 AM
    awe snap we are all gonna make alot of money. i might even be able to buy the new blackberry all cash.
    01-14-13 11:59 AM
    Rubus Labs in Kochi,India (Innovation Village) ,seems to me could be start of Silicon Valley in India.

First adopters >> Blackberry,Oracle,IBM , all in the same building (diff Labs). Something interesting to keep an eye on.

Silly me didn't know Rubus means Blackberry until yesterday, I must get out more,lol.
    what do you know?
    01-14-13 12:02 PM
    i have a question, i have a volume chart that shows bar graph. so the red bars are shorts? or just selling activity? and greens are buys? sorry got to ask so i can properly understand instead of pretending i understand.
    01-14-13 12:02 PM
    Simply shows for that particular period was more selling than buying.
    i have a question, i have a volume chart that shows bar graph. so the red bars are shorts? or just selling activity? and greens are buys? sorry got to ask so i can properly understand instead of pretending i understand.
    01-14-13 12:07 PM
    I'm learning a lot about investing from this thread
    01-14-13 12:14 PM
    I'm learning a lot about investing from this thread
    $RIMM Research In Motion Limited stock and investing information on StockTwits (RIMM)
    THE BEST OF bclund - bclundbclund

Buy books
    01-14-13 12:36 PM
    Looks like todays shorts are gonna start making some money now.
    01-14-13 12:44 PM
    With this, I can see over 100 carriers by launch time. bigger launch than anything else out there..
    Wasn't that 150 ? I believe it is
    01-14-13 12:47 PM
    I am watching with amusement...what an interest day so far.
    01-14-13 12:50 PM
    Looks more like the last big drop before the push through $15 IMHO.

Meanwhile, Apple's stock looks to be trying to tunnel down through $500.
    01-14-13 12:51 PM
    Lotsa buying on dip.

Looks like todays shorts are gonna start making some money now.
    01-14-13 12:53 PM
    Looks almost like shorts are nibbling. Very small short/cover spreads.

Lotsa buying on dip.
    01-14-13 12:57 PM
    Hi gang!!

First off, thanks for the great comments, much appreciated. I thought I would update the chart again as many of you are concerned about where we go from here.

The latest chart:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-jan-14-2012-chart.jpg

Let's look back a bit to see what is happening here, a few weeks ago, we dropped off a cliff when the stock touched the top of the trading range in the low $ 15.00's on Thursday night. We dropped back to the uptrend line immediately and based out there and found support. We then broke out of a 2 week downtrend line and that began this rally. But before we rallied, we had to test support where I mentioned that the biggest bear battle line was drawn at $ 11.50/shr.. We won that battle with a huge pop the next day and set us up for a rapid rally. As you can see, the rally is always almost as violent as the drop .... but not quite.

So where do we go from here, I think time is on our side and we are driven by technicals and computers and they demand that we head for resistance which is not until you get to $ 17.00/shr this week. It doesn't matter what we do today as long as we are bullish which is a close above $ 14.20/shr.. There can be weakness throughout the day as we are seeing now, simply because traders take breaks from the action. You would likely see some major buying come into the stock in the last hour here. As I said, support is $ 14.20/shr and anything up to $ 17.00/shr is the tradeable range for this week. Don't expect the stock to reach $ 17.00/shr too quickly and don't hope for it as you would be setting yourself up for another huge crash here. You want it to make its way up, on great volume, when it slips back look at the volume to see if it is substantially lower than the raising volume. This is normal trade. Lots of stock is being traded here and that is why it can drop off on light volume. Ignore that and stick to your plan.

My plan is to take some profits on so huge gains here, but only for an $ .80/shr swing or more if it gets to $ 17.00/shr too quickly. I will be fully invested in the stock as long as it follows the rules. Someone mentioned the RSI reading and today that number is at 70.0 which is just starting to get over bought here. The last time we hit 86.0 the stock crashed so pay attention to that!

In closing, I feel there is something else to this rally, perhaps a huge announcement coming soon, it just feels like it to me. News trumps all else here. So good luck, don't try to read too much into 1/2 hour trading levels as the trend is now up, it has a whole day to trade so don't expect it to make new highs all day!
    01-14-13 12:58 PM
    Is there any other stock out there that is doing what RIMM is doing right now? Also, has there been stock in the past in the same situation? I'm curious as I am extremely new to this and it's really quite exciting and I'm wondering what others, outside of RIM's interest circle are enjoying, or dreading, the same levels.
    01-14-13 01:01 PM
    In closing, I feel there is something else to this rally, perhaps a huge announcement coming soon, it just feels like it to me. News trumps all else here.
    01-14-13 01:09 PM
    A lot of people must be shorting right now. My options premiums have crashed a bit since 2 hours ago.
    01-14-13 01:13 PM
    Looks almost like shorts are nibbling. Very small short/cover spreads.
    Silly short nibblers are dazed and confused,lol.

Like rabid skunks who just had one nut cut off and still don't have sense, time to cut the other nut off,lol.
    01-14-13 01:13 PM
    The price had pretty decent swings today, 3-4% each time adds up, if you can time it right

Silly short nibblers are dazed and confused,lol.

Like rabid skunks who just had one nut cut off and still don't have sense, time to cut the other nut off,lol.
    01-14-13 01:17 PM
    Moving northwards again. I'd expect to be back up to $15 in the next 30 minutes.

(Keep in mind, I've got no logic behind this assumption. Just a gut feeling.)
    01-14-13 01:18 PM
    Well, I doubt there'll be any major annoucement between now and January 30th.

The price had pretty decent swings today, 3-4% each time adds up, if you can time it right
    If only we could tell the future, eh?
    01-14-13 01:18 PM
    I'm watching the chart like a football game ... "the defense bends but does not break" is what I have in mind.
    BBNation likes this.
    01-14-13 01:22 PM
113,250 ... 6768697071 ...