View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Sorry I should of been more clear. I wasn't aware someone was going to pick apart my post. I first purchased 50 shares back when it was on its downward spiral @ 17.20. This was about 8 months ago or so. My second batch of shares that i purchased yesterday @ 11.75 was another 50 shares. I am kicked myself for not buying more shares (my 2nd batch) when they were @ $6 a piece. Meaning i could of afforded to get double the amount of shares. Its too bad i have a mortgage now and will not risk any further. My girlfriend was already mad enough i bought shares in RIMM instead of buying her a puppy. lol
    forgive me trolling. please adopt puppy/animal if you want to have 1

have 860 shares @ $13.50. will treat it as long term investment unless bb10 won't be successful.
    BlackberryTorcher likes this.
    12-31-12 11:34 AM
    forgive me trolling. please adopt puppy/animal if you want to have 1

have 860 shares @ $13.50. will treat it as long term investment unless bb10 won't be successful.

Off topic but who wants to adopt a puppy now a days? Having a small little dog for most people is a fad. Just like the iPhone... Its sad really.
    12-31-12 11:59 AM
    Thought I would update the chart to let you know what is possible for RIM in the days ahead:

Attachment 129956
    I expect that we will gap above this mark and begin what will be a 40% rally into the BB 10 launch.
    So, $16 or so in little over a month? Sounds like this new year is going to be great!
    12-31-12 04:49 PM
    Off topic but who wants to adopt a puppy now a days? Having a small little dog for most people is a fad. Just like the iPhone... Its sad really.
    A puppy only stays small if you choose a small breed.
    chrysaurora likes this.
    12-31-12 04:54 PM
    Yeah but nobody seems to mention the fact that all these shares can not be sold without someone buying them. This being the big boys with the hedge accounts that should be made illegal. They dump shares they don't have just to drop the price and then are allowed to buy them back later at a lesser price to cover their sales. Talk about inside trading!!!
    Good point. Blame the media.

The media doesn't buy and sell stocks. Individual investors (immaterial) and institutional investors (important) do.

The market reacted because Carpino didn't give an answer. He said "Asked how service fees paid by consumers and businesses will change with the coming BlackBerry 10 platform, RIM Vice President Paul Carpino essentially said it�s unclear. �We just aren�t providing the detail on it at this time. ... You�ll have to wait,� he added.

The markets hate uncertainty. 149 million shares traded hands. That's a lot of downward momentum. No matter whether you buy 50-100 shares on Monday.

And in the long run it won't matter if RIM delivers BB 10 (and BES) and the customer (individual and corporate) want to buy them.
    12-31-12 05:27 PM
    Morganplus8 your $10.50 call was bang on. Did you end up picking up some shares?
    morganplus8 and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-31-12 10:30 PM
    1/1/2013

I'm confident it's going to be a good year for RIM. Just 30 more days folks! Happy New Year!
    zyben and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-01-13 04:28 AM
    Morganplus8 your $10.50 call was bang on. Did you end up picking up some shares?
    mrfreetruth!

Yes, I'm a big fan of RIM and own a large block of the stock. I mentioned in a earlier post when the stock was tanking, that $ 10.55/shr looked like the bottom with great support just under that number. You came up with $ 10.62/shr so you actually win the award!!! Had you bought at $ 10.62/shr you would be very happy indeed. I did buy another block of stock as I had a pile of money come back to me in another trade. Great timing that was but I make use of charts to find my trading points. The idea is to find a stock with a major trend reversal and buy it on all of the dips, thus building up a large position while it stays bullish. RIM fits that bill so I will continue to buy it as long as it trades the way I expect it will. Every time it corrects back to support, I add more stock. I also sold a large chunk of puts at the Dec $11.00/shr strike price and they were put to me thus adding to my overall purchase quantity. I didn't think there would be any way to get a fill on those shares so my effective cost is $ 9.86/shr for those shares so I'm really happy about these "extra" purchases. Let's see what tomorrow brings but I see us heading higher for 4 more weeks at the very least. Good luck!
    01-01-13 03:24 PM
    Heh, I invested back when RIM was till 9.5xx a share!

I believe in BB10!!!!!
    01-01-13 04:55 PM
    Debating investing further this week. 200 shares at $11.51 now. What to do what to do...
    01-01-13 06:03 PM
    (pre-market) Back in business: over $12, again.
    Stay bold, keep calm.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    01-02-13 04:59 AM
    Although I'm happy with my position and probably shouldn't divert as much as I already have towards RIM in my portfolio, I really wish I would've gone with my gut and bought more after that unwarranted sell-off.
    01-02-13 05:09 AM
    Although I'm happy with my position and probably shouldn't divert as much as I already have towards RIM in my portfolio, I really wish I would've gone with my gut and bought more after that unwarranted sell-off.
    Well, I stand (due to my lack of liquidity) to my "set and forget" tactic.
    I believe $15 road is open ... but that's not a rational approach, just my very personal feeling.
    01-02-13 05:21 AM
    $15 was hit after the quarterly report afterhours. It fell only after the conference call on the topic of the service fee structure changes coming with BB10.

If BB10 is a mild success I could see RIM easily going past $20. Realistically, a lot higher.
    01-02-13 06:35 AM
    Happy New Year Everyone. Back to trading. Could be an interesting day if you're a day trader.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-02-13 08:09 AM
    $15 was hit after the quarterly report afterhours. It fell only after the conference call on the topic of the service fee structure changes coming with BB10.
    If BB10 is a mild success I could see RIM easily going past $20. Realistically, a lot higher.
    yep; I mean before launch
    01-02-13 08:31 AM
    Wow. Someone was working really hard to keep this stock down today. Though there was a lot of support at 11.50 (CAD). I picked up another block of shares at $11.53 CAD.
    01-02-13 03:50 PM
    Wow. Someone was working really hard to keep this stock down today. Though there was a lot of support at 11.50 (CAD). I picked up another block of shares at $11.53 CAD.
    How can you tell that somebody was working hard? Maybe there weren't enough buyers?

Also, can somebody answer this: what does "days to cover" mean? See screenshot below.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-daystocover.jpg
    01-02-13 03:57 PM
    How depressing, stock market up 3% and rim is in the red.
    01-02-13 04:13 PM
    I did too at $11.70
    01-02-13 04:41 PM
    Yes, great day for the NASDAQ, yet RIMM sh*ts the bed.

I thought January was going to be great as I expected lots of short (who have profited) to buy back shares and solidify their gains (and avoid taxes on gains) before Jan 30th, when I expect RIM to drop the hammer.
    01-02-13 06:08 PM

I thought January was going to be great as I expected lots of short (who have profited) to buy back shares and solidify their gains (and avoid taxes on gains) before Jan 30th, when I expect RIM to drop the hammer.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but you are saying this just on January 2? When there's a whole month ahead?
    01-02-13 06:49 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but you are saying this just on January 2? When there's a whole month ahead?
    01-02-13 06:50 PM
    How can you tell that somebody was working hard? Maybe there weren't enough buyers?

Also, can somebody answer this: what does "days to cover" mean? See screenshot below.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DaysToCover.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	130106
    Definition of 'Days To Cover'
    A measurement of a company's issued shares that are currently shorted, expressed as the number of days required to close out all of the short positions. For example, if a company has average daily volume of 1 million shares and 2 million shares are currently short sold, the shares have a cover rate of 2 days (2M/1M).

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-daystocover.gif

Also referred to as the "short-interest ratio".
    chrysaurora likes this.
    01-03-13 12:22 AM

“Never fall in love with a stock” (Wall Street adage)

Investors often fall in love with stocks that increase in value or pay good dividends. “Never fall in love with a stock” is a Wall Street adage cited in print from at least the 1950s. When a stock ceases to perform well, investors must be quick to fall out of “love” and to sell the stock.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-03-13 12:26 AM
113,250 ... 5758596061 ...