View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%

Trailing 3 month performance from the "big players" in the industry.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-30-12 02:36 PM
    down pre-market today. Previously when up in pre-market, was going down straight at the opening. Wonder what will happen today ...
    [still believe we will navigate around $11 for a while]
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    12-03-12 06:45 AM
    down pre-market today. Previously when up in pre-market, was going down straight at the opening. Wonder what will happen today ...
    Canaccord downgrade to $10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-03-12 07:34 AM
    Down, up, down,stable ... strength. Good for trust.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    12-03-12 01:29 PM
    Down, up, down,stable ... strength. Good for trust.
    Come on now. A steady graph for 3 1/2 hours is not a sign of stability or strength. It is a sign of .... nothing in particular, really.

RIMM has been one of the more volatile stocks in the past few weeks, that is not undone by a calm day in the markets.
    bk1022 likes this.
    12-03-12 01:48 PM
    Great day for this stock if you are a swing trader.
    12-03-12 04:14 PM
    Come on now. A steady graph for 3 1/2 hours is not a sign of stability or strength. It is a sign of .... nothing in particular, really.
    RIMM has been one of the more volatile stocks in the past few weeks, that is not undone by a calm day in the markets.
    Was about the "sell" news fired by canadian analyst. I was then wondering what effect it could have on (pre-) market.
    Stock closed @ $11.60 yesterday and is stable today in pre-market aroud $11.56.
    This denotes a certain stability - for a few days now.
    Expecting the $12 resistance to break as we get closer to the launch and then a somehow unpredictable yo-yo for a few weeks until first sales figures pops.
    12-04-12 07:54 AM
    Was about the "sell" news fired by canadian analyst. I was then wondering what effect it could have on (pre-) market.
    Stock closed @ $11.60 yesterday and is stable today in pre-market aroud $11.56.
    This denotes a certain stability - for a few days now.
    Expecting the $12 resistance to break as we get closer to the launch and then a somehow unpredictable yo-yo for a few weeks until first sales figures pops.
    No offense, but you might want to consider that it is dangerous to give investment ideas to people who are strongly biased about RIM's future. In all likelihood they will be unable to properly assess the situation when it is most necessary.
    12-04-12 11:25 AM
    No offense, but you might want to consider that it is dangerous to give investment ideas to people who are strongly biased about RIM's future. In all likelihood they will be unable to properly assess the situation when it is most necessary.
    No offence , but you might want to consider it dangerous to not have ideas that are positive about RIM's future considering the amount of fictitious negative articles on RIM. Consider those who went SHORT on RIM's at $7-8 range believing the one sided propaganda of $5 and under calls. Consider the fact 105 MILLION shares are now short RIM an increase of 10 milloin short shares as RIm doubled in SP. 105 million shares being forced to cover alone could push RIm into the $20+ range. Is RIM a $12 stock or was it manipulated down by people selling shares they don't have? I am glad SuperFly is trying to create a balance.
    Last edited by mrfreetruth; 12-04-12 at 12:45 PM.
    12-04-12 11:49 AM
    I will support Rim by buying product
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-04-12 12:21 PM
    I have 50 shares. I'm hoping for another 50 shares before Dec 21. It'll bounce up at least double after BB10 sales numbers are released.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-04-12 12:21 PM
    I believe I cannot repeat on every post I make here how much prudence is required and my thoughts personal. (but if you browse this topic - good luck ! - you'll read my regular warnings).
    Also my position, while constant on my goals (long, 2 digits raise minimum), has been nourished by various discussions we had here.

Then, I do not believe my forecast of BlackBerry (formerly named RIM) is that much biased; optimistic, yep, confident, sure. But please, consider I've been (almost daily) on this subject for 18 months and I have a bunch of friends and/or business relations with both knowledge of the IT/mobile world and finance. Some named me a fool some months ago. The exact sames calling me now to know more about BB10 before they (all) jump in.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-04-12 at 01:40 PM.
    bigbadben10 likes this.
    12-04-12 01:28 PM
    I believe I cannot repeat on every post I make here how much prudence is required and my thoughts personal. (but if you browse this topic - good luck ! - you'll read my regular warnings).
    Also my position, while constant on my goals (long, 2 digits raise minimum), has been nourished by various discussions we had here.

Then, I do not believe my forecast of BlackBerry (formerly named RIM) is that much biased; optimistic, yep, confident, sure. But please, consider I've been (almost daily) on this subject for 18 months and I have a bunch of friends and/or business relations with both knowledge of the IT/mobile world and finance. Some named me a fool some months ago. The exact sames calling me now to know more about BB10 before they (all) jump in.
    Hey Super, keep doing what you are doing, your contributions add real value to this forum. You are a true asset to CrackBerry

Salut,

Ben
    Last edited by bigbadben10; 12-04-12 at 03:39 PM.
    12-04-12 02:01 PM
    Hey Super, keep doing what you are doing, you contributions add real value to this forum. You are a true asset to CrackBerry

Salut,

Ben
    Yes Super, I agree. Please continue. I enjoy reading your thoughts and comments.
    12-04-12 02:39 PM
    I too enjoy superfly's participation. I find he is generally balanced here.

His comment involved technical analysis and was specific and I don't want to put words in his mouth but I think he understands why I made the comment and let's leave it at that.

For those who claim that people shorted RIM at historic lows, I say: this is why you need to be careful.

Having a positive or negative outlook of RIM's ongoing business is not how you decide if you should buy or sell. I know this, superfly knows this, but not everyone here knows this.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-04-12 04:32 PM
    I too enjoy superfly's participation. I find he is generally balanced here.

His comment involved technical analysis and was specific and I don't want to put words in his mouth but I think he understands why I made the comment and let's leave it at that.

For those who claim that people shorted RIM at historic lows, I say: this is why you need to be careful.

Having a positive or negative outlook of RIM's ongoing business is not how you decide if you should buy or sell. I know this, superfly knows this, but not everyone here knows this.
    sorry but grown ups get to make their own mistakes and the more mistakes they make the smarter they get, don't worry be happy............
    12-04-12 04:41 PM
    If the RIM stock pops, great! Made some cash. If it drops on the Dec 20 ER (if news really bad), I'll probably spring for another 1000 or so shares. Win, Win. In long term I believe RIM will grow, though it might not get really good till 2014.
    12-04-12 07:45 PM
    Nice 3% pop midday. Don't think we'll see $12 EOD tho.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-05-12 12:59 PM
    Nice 3% pop midday. Don't think we'll see $12 EOD tho.
    place your bets ...
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    12-05-12 01:03 PM
    I'm showing a high of 12.05 so far on the NASDAQ.

11.95 on TSX.
    12-05-12 01:44 PM
    It's retreating now and doubt it will come back in the closing half hour for today unfortunately.

The high for TSX was 12.01.
    The high for NASDAQ was 12.12.

Good luck to all!
    12-05-12 02:29 PM
    What's with todays spike? someone must know something.....
    12-05-12 02:32 PM
    What's with todays spike? someone must know something.....
    There was a massive spike in volume for a short bit there and it just sustained after that. Someone just bought a bunch...maybe a fund or something.
    12-05-12 02:37 PM
    There's still a lot of resistance around $12, it'll take a bit more of nibbling to get through it.
    12-05-12 02:39 PM
    There's still a lot of resistance around $12, it'll take a bit more of nibbling to get through it.
    I wholeheartedly agree.

A lot of sellers in the $12 region. I'm hoping $12 will become the support level soon but it's hard to say with all the uncertainty surrounding the earnings call coming up soon.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-05-12 02:45 PM
113,256 ... 4041424344 ...