View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    $50/share buys me a BMW 7 series. $100 share buys me a new house. $150/share puts my into early retirement. $0/share .... did it matter that I bought options and not stock?
    I wish I could invest enough to enjoy a 7 series in the best scenario ...

Why did I thought "holly cow !" when returning to chart ?
    drjay868 likes this.
    10-03-12 07:20 AM
    All the billionaires (fund managers and their buddys) are closing out their shorts as the hedge funds buy them. Big money is exiting the short game.
    They milked that cow for all she was worth. Took a triple digit stock into the singles.
    10-03-12 07:58 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg

Well ... 3 days later, still over $8 ... [I ask the experts] is that what I called a "resistance" point ?
    P.S: the volume was quiet/low (19,686,500 shares traded).

Interesting article :
    RIM Ain't Dead Just Yet - AAPL, IBM, RIMM - Foolish Blogging Network
    10-05-12 05:00 AM
    Interesting article about R&D in general, but I've extracted some insights for this thread.
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...rticle4583610/

Apple, which you might have expected to be high in the ranking, finished way down at No. 348, spending only 2.2 per cent of net sales on R&D. The top Canadian company was Research In Motion, at No. 205. It spent 8.5 per cent of sales on R&D.If there’s a lesson here, it’s that research does appear to pay off, although it’s no guarantee of success. The top 20 companies on the screen (shown) have averaged over 44.5 per cent return year to date. (Merrimack has only been around since April.)

Next time you are screening for stocks, consider looking at each company’s R&D costs as a percentage of net sales. Those companies that are able to keep customers happy with innovations and new ideas often find they have a leg up on the competition.
    10-08-12 10:44 AM
    DO NOT buy RIMM to support them!! If for any reason buy RIMM because they are so low and getting ready to come out with a new OS.

DO not think that RIMM can not go lower as it has been there! Invest at your own risk but NOT to support them! RIM has made some horrible choices and no telling what they will do. I am buying but am going to sell just before BB10 comes out as if their hardware is no better than the 99XX series, RIMM will be no more!
    10-09-12 06:21 AM
    DO NOT buy RIMM to support them!! If for any reason buy RIMM because they are so low and getting ready to come out with a new OS.

DO not think that RIMM can not go lower as it has been there! Invest at your own risk but NOT to support them! RIM has made some horrible choices and no telling what they will do. I am buying but am going to sell just before BB10 comes out as if their hardware is no better than the 99XX series, RIMM will be no more!
    The "support" part of this thread has gone for a (multiple of) dozen pages already. It was - somehow/doubtfully - relevant last January when the thread began, but now ... it's more a follow-up.
    Buy and sell is a personal decision regarding your goals.

Now if you predict BB10 to be "no better" than current BB7 devices ... well ... I really don't get your strategy: go appl, Samsung, Google, MS, Nokia ... or whatever !
    Why "play bull" on what you describe as a failure ??? I don't get it.
    10-09-12 08:42 AM
    The "support" part of this thread has gone for a (multiple of) dozen pages already. It was - somehow/doubtfully - relevant last January when the thread began, but now ... it's more a follow-up.
    Buy and sell is a personal decision regarding your goals.

Now if you predict BB10 to be "no better" than current BB7 devices ... well ... I really don't get your strategy: go appl, Samsung, Google, MS, Nokia ... or whatever !
    Why "play bull" on what you describe as a failure ??? I don't get it.
    He isn't investing in RIMM for the long run. Just Buying in while it is down and selling it as it goes up for the expected surge before BB10 is released. Could be shortsighted if BB10 is a huge success and the stock soars, but either way he should make money with very little risk. There are lots of day/week traders that are loving RIMM and the big ups and downs.

He is thinking with his head, whereas you are thinking with your emotions (thus the whole premiss of your original post).
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-09-12 02:15 PM
    bad press today dropped the stock. i purchased 50 more shares.
    10-09-12 02:37 PM
    good on ya.. Read all the bad press reports this morning.. nothing solid but I hope its not true BB10 has been pushed back to March. All in all I wont be selling my shares as I bought them almost at their lowest - still a good return and hopefully once BB10 is released it will be a huge return!
    10-09-12 03:51 PM
    Looks like CTIA has at least same strength than ... you know what.
    Seeing is believing.
    P.S: no matter it's $7.x or 8.x there will be no bleed and shorts ... pay for a second time ?
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    10-11-12 01:53 PM
    good on ya.. Read all the bad press reports this morning.. nothing solid but I hope its not true BB10 has been pushed back to March. All in all I wont be selling my shares as I bought them almost at their lowest - still a good return and hopefully once BB10 is released it will be a huge return!
    BlackBerry 10 Launch Likely for March, Not January: Jefferies
    BlackBerry 10 Launch: Is March Too Late? - Mobility - Smartphones -
    10-11-12 11:22 PM
    links removed
    That's at least misleading information. (I personally name it crap, but that's emotional, isn't it ?)
    Oh, the market noticed it, finally. Good.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    10-12-12 09:12 AM
    Zacks Earnings Scorecard: RIMM (10/9/2012)

We believe that Research In Motion will benefit from the surge in demand of smartphones in several emerging markets as the company generates a significant part of its revenue from international markets (outside the U.S. and Canada). The company is also developing an LTE-enabled Blackberry, which will run on the QNX operating system. This will help it attract most users interested in using LTE devices.
    Additionally, Research In Motion is benefiting from its ongoing cost cutting initiative as the company plans to reduce its headcount process by approximately 5000 by the end of 2013.
    However, the company is in dire straits and is facing several problems due to an ever-increasing competitive landscape, primarily from Apple Inc.�s (AAPL) iPhone and other smartphones that run on Google Inc.�s (GOOG) Android platform. We believe that the introduction of a new BlackBerry 10 OS-based smartphone is the last throw of dice from the company. Further delay in its launch could deteriorate the company�s market share going forward.
    We are maintaining our long-term Neutral recommendation on Research In Motion. The company also retains a Zacks #3 Rank, implying a short-term Hold rating.
    Let's screen their thoughts for a while ...
    10-13-12 08:21 AM
    Can't upload the comparison charts of appl an RIM stock at the time iPad mini price dropped ... but it just made me think : traders are strange guys.
    appl down, and in the same frame, RIM up ... Is that such a mechanical thing ?
    I'll update with pics as soon as I can (is that a general bug ? Tried FF/Chrome, same problem).
    10-23-12 01:44 PM
    Really, comparing Apple and RIM stock prices is a bit silly.

Do this exercise: Five years ago, if you invested $1000 in RIM and $1000 in Apple what would the value be today.

Then you can compare. I still can't justify buying RIMM - yet..
    10-23-12 02:00 PM
    @njBB. What you say. You misinterpreted what I mean, basically that it is silly these up/down are really correlated (time). Will be more clear when I can post the charts.
    10-23-12 02:34 PM
    How much commission do you pay on 50 shares?
    10-23-12 08:38 PM
    This is a portion of an interview Kevin did today...Interview with Itay Adam

1. Kevin: How come you've decided to switch from iPhone app development to building BlackBerry apps?

Itay: Well, it's simple to answer. As an entrepreneur I always look for the new "camp fire". The app developer community is now focusing on Apple and Android because most of the people act as herds. They follow the current trends. What they don't really understand is that trends are like movements and movements are built over time, step by step and piece by piece. The BlackBerry "camp fire" looks small to most of the app developers but what they don't know is that you can grab a seat at the first circle around the camp fire where the warmth will reach you more than the ten story high "camp fire" of Apple when you're sitting in the 10,000th circle.I must admit that being a part of the BlackBerry community feels like being a part of this all that you need, we'll see to it all, fraternity.

Investments work the same way....only question is....how many shares should a person buy, I would like a warm place for my money .
    10-23-12 09:25 PM
    Can't upload the comparison charts of appl an RIM stock at the time iPad mini price dropped ... but it just made me think : traders are strange guys.
    appl down, and in the same frame, RIM up ... Is that such a mechanical thing ?
    I'll update with pics as soon as I can (is that a general bug ? Tried FF/Chrome, same problem).
    hopefully, here are the graphs ...
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture1.png   The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture2.png  
    10-24-12 02:19 AM
    Carrier testing "official" announcement (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-1...-ceo-says.html)

Back on the road to $8 ?
    11-01-12 04:52 AM
    Stock should now shoot upward because apparently Cramer said to "forget about RIM" on yesterday's show. He has wrote them off so this stock should be a real winner now. He did the same thing with Las Vegas Sands in March of 2009 when it was trading around $2. I loaded up on that back then. Might do the same here with RIM.
    11-01-12 05:15 AM
    More news ... on S.Alpha ... Why Blackberry 10 Will Be A Success - Seeking Alpha
    I have covered RIMM three times before. Please read my investment thesis here, here and here. The thing to remember about this stock is that it does not need a whole lot to make you a lot of money. If RIMM makes so much as a dent in the smart-phone space, this stock can easily double and triple in no time. And the more I look at the above video, the more I think of all the reasons many people and especially the business crowd, will love it and buy it.
    On a pure technical note, the stock seems to have bottomed and is now moving upwards. If the resistance of $8,30 is broken, then we will probably see the stock in the $11 range pretty soon. And I also think that the more close we come to the Blackberry 10 launch date, the more positive price action we will see.
    Holly cow ! Holly Sheep !!!
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg
    bigbadben10 likes this.
    11-01-12 11:26 AM
    Had a feeling you would be updating today SF

She is starting the move upwards...love it!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-01-12 11:42 AM
    i just bought 100 shares!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-01-12 04:48 PM
    i just bought 100 shares!
    Welcome to "the club" ! Prepare for some friendly bashing stay.calm
    11-01-12 05:22 PM
113,250 ... 3233343536 ...