View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Yeh, got it out before the quiet period begins.

I received it over the air on unlocked Passport
    masterful likes this.
    11-30-16 10:25 PM
    12-01-16 08:41 AM

https://www3.rbwm.gov.uk/news/articl...form=hootsuite
    Council welcomes BlackBerry to Maidenhead
    12-01-16 08:43 AM
    Why the sensational update on BlackBerry Android phones when we know they no longer make phones?

And why do we have a 1.6 GB roll out of BB10 when we know they dropped it ages ago?

I'll contact the Globe and Mail and get back to this thread ASAP. Crazy BlackBerry.

Update: I spoke with the top dog at the Globe and Mail and the sanitation tech said that they had no idea that BB10 was still around and strong as ever. He said he would be sure to pass this information along to his maintenance staff.

On another note, this latest roll-out for Android is really great. Have we heard anything negative about BlackBerry in the past few weeks? Times are a changing and we are oh so close to the start of last years terrific rally in the stock, please review the second week in December into January.
    Last edited by morganplus8; 12-01-16 at 01:56 PM.
    sidhuk, Corbu, rarsen and 10 others like this.
    12-01-16 12:33 PM
    Speaking of the G&F...

Not everyone was pleased with that reporter's "work"...

Ernest_Semple
    1 day ago
    Why the unnecessary, unrelated and untrue negative statement that BlackBerry has now dropped the BB10 operating system? All of BlackBerry's operating systems are in many hands and applicable as needed. The BB10 is used as the most secure operating system for business phones and is widespread around the world it should be noted.
    12-01-16 02:52 PM
    12-01-16 04:33 PM
    http://blogs.wsj.com/cio/2016/12/01/...cybersecurity/
    CIO JOURNAL.
    Blackberry Taps Former U.S. Coast Guard CIO to Direct Federal Cybersecurity

Blackberry Ltd. has tapped a former chief information officer with the U.S. Coast Guard to oversee cybersecurity efforts for its cloud tools and services used by federal agencies, a company spokeswoman confirmed Thursday.

Robert Day, a retired rear admiral and information-technology veteran, will direct the company’s federal cybersecurity services as head of a planned Federal Cybersecurity Operations Center, which will seek to ensure products and services meet government-wide requirements.

The center, which has yet to be finalized, will provide security monitoring, compliance reporting and incident response for federal agencies, while guiding Blackberry’s compliance initiatives for so-called FedRAMP and authority-to-operate certifications. A site for the physical location of the center has yet to be determined, the spokeswoman said.

FedRamp is a government-wide program that sets standards for security assessments, authorization and monitoring for cloud vendors in the federal marketplace.

Blackberry’s federal government clients currently include the Department of Defense, Homeland Security and the U.S. Coast Guard, according to the spokeswoman. The services it offers include the Blackberry Enterprise Server 12, a device-management platform, and WatchDox, a file-sharing service that allows users to access, synchronize, edit and share files and folders.

Before retiring in 2014, Mr. Day served for five years as CIO and Commander of Coast Guard Cyber Command for the U.S. Coast Guard. Prior to that he held a variety of senior IT and command positions in the Coast Guard for more than 30 years, according to his LinkedIn profile.

Blackberry, known primarily as a mobile device maker, recently shifted its focus to software and services for both private- and public-sector customers. The Waterloo, Ontario-based company in September announced that it would stop making its once ubiquitous smartphones.

While its share of the global smartphone market has dropped below 1%, software and services revenue more than doubled from a year earlier in the latest quarter, to $156 million.

Blackberry CIO Iain Kennedy said Mr. Day’s experience with cybersecurity “at the strategic and operations levels within the military and civilian agency environments” would help boost deployments of the company’s cloud tools and services across the federal government.

Mr. Day has a bachelor’s degree in electrical and electronics engineering from the U.S. Coast Guard Academy, as well as a master’s degree in telecommunications systems management from the Naval Postgraduate School.
    12-01-16 09:09 PM
    Fun facts for Friday: The potential for Mobile revenue in the auto industry is huge. I was cross breeding some information and came up with some startling, potential, revenue figures.

From an article titled, Are Smartphone Apps Making Cars More Convenient? Car and Driver, and using just one of the examples provided, we can see the revenue potential from each new vehicle even as it moves well into its life cycle.

MyChevrolet is free to download; however, to get access to myChevrolet�s more noteworthy features�such as the remote key fob�users must have an active OnStar account. Fortunately, OnStar Basic is included for five years with the purchase of a new General Motors vehicle, after which users will need to purchase an OnStar plan if they�d like continued access to the app�s array of features. Plans currently cost as little as $19.99 per month or $199.90 per year or as much as $34.99 per month or $349.90 per year, depending on the features desired.
    Chevrolet will sell approximately two million vehicles this year in the USA alone. If all owners opted into the cheapest plan, after the free period expired, it would generate $400 million in annual revenues from a vehicle 5 years out of the factory. $750 million with the premium plan.

According to Polk the average age of all light vehicles on the road in the US now stands at a record high of 11.4 years.

The auto manufacturers could be earning, potentially, hundreds of millions of dollars from vehicles that left the plant a decade earlier. How could that not be attractive?
    12-02-16 07:15 AM
    Fun facts for Friday: The potential for Mobile revenue in the auto industry is huge. I was cross breeding some information and came up with some startling, potential, revenue figures.

From an article titled, Are Smartphone Apps Making Cars More Convenient? Car and Driver, and using just one of the examples provided, we can see the revenue potential from each new vehicle even as it moves well into its life cycle.

Chevrolet will sell approximately two million vehicles this year in the USA alone. If all owners opted into the cheapest plan, after the free period expired, it would generate $400 million in annual revenues from a vehicle 5 years out of the factory. $750 million with the premium plan.

According to Polk the average age of all light vehicles on the road in the US now stands at a record high of 11.4 years.

The auto manufacturers could be earning, potentially, hundreds of millions of dollars from vehicles that left the plant a decade earlier. How could that not be attractive?
    I have two such vehicles.
    I like the remote start feature, but it's pretty gimmicky, only time it was handy was landing in Buffalo airport in middle of winter. Truck was toasty warm when I finally got to it.

But after the 5 years, there is no way I am paying GM for any onstar service.

At $5 a month, yes, $20 for min plan no way

One other feature which was nice, but only had for 6 months was the ability to enter navigation info into cell phone and bkuncw it to my truck, instead of using the trucks terrible onscreen keyboard, but I never payed for that either

Onstar was before everyone had cell phones and data plans

Plus, this is only revenue for the car company, not for any phone or os manufacturers

But, I do agree that the potential for revenue is there, which wasn't 20 years ago

They are really pushing hard to sell data Hotspot in their vehicles. They are all 4G now, so they want use to buy their data plans too

It would be great if BlackBerry could figure out a way to profit off this.

Car apps are definitely the future.

For example, Onstar will call paramedics if airbag deploys and they don't hear from you... how can we have an app for this instead of paying Onstar?

BlackBerry needs to sell their Radar gadget for consumer use, that uses an accelerometer to measure for a car crash etc, or other data points instead of having to purchase Onstar.

Definitely a big market opening up for those that have a vision, is QNX that visionary? Hope so
    12-02-16 07:45 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies Security files:

The Internet of Things is making hospitals more vulnerable to hackers | ZDNet

"The need for improved, and even remote, patient care drives hospitals to transform by adapting smart solutions, ignoring sometimes the emerging security and safety issues. Nothing comes without a price: hospitals are the next target for cyber-attacks." Part of the problem is that hospitals contain all sorts of data that is tempting to hackers. Personal health information is considered even more valuable than financial information by criminals, while cracking hospital systems could also give them access to prescription drugs.

Our dependence on connected technology is growing faster than our ability to secure it - in areas affecting human life and public safety a higher standard of care is warranted. That's a problem when those systems can potentially make the difference between life and death.
    12-02-16 08:44 AM
    12-03-16 02:15 PM
    12-03-16 05:08 PM
    12-04-16 07:48 AM
    12-04-16 02:54 PM
    12-04-16 04:15 PM
    12-05-16 07:12 AM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    https://valuestocks.whotrades.com/bl...m_content=post

BlackBerry 11?? Has anyone validated this? New bbos phone?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-16 08:17 AM
    https://valuestocks.whotrades.com/bl...m_content=post

BlackBerry 11?? Has anyone validated this? New bbos phone?

Posted via CB10
    Its probably a typo/ignorance at times calling the DTEK70/Mercury as Blackberry 11.
    Corbu, sidhuk, morganplus8 and 5 others like this.
    12-05-16 09:17 AM
    OT: 2 nasty bugs are destroying iPhone battery life

http://www.businessinsider.com/iphon...6-12?r=UK&IR=T
    12-05-16 09:34 AM
    12-05-16 11:18 AM
    Related: Hacking, Insider trading, privacy and security of cx and docs

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/05/tech...ory=technology
    rarsen, morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    12-05-16 10:38 PM
    BlackBerry analyst commentary at Credit Suisse* Credit Suisse says BlackBerry not worth $4B with 'generous' software assumptions. Credit Suisse analyst Kulbinder Garcha sees BlackBerry's service access fee going to zero and its hardware revenues going to zero long-term, leaving the company with only a software business. Even with "generous assumptions" for the software business, Blackberry has material downside, warns Garcha, who believes that BlackBerry's software portfolio is "average, at best." The analyst maintains an Underperform rating and $6 price target on Blackberry shares. Read more at: http://thefly.com/landingPageNews.php?id=2472707

Read more at:
    http://thefly.com/landingPageNews.php?id=2472707

Although I don't agree with BlackBerry's 'average at best' software portfolio, I do think that BlackBerry needs to start showing significant growth in software, or they'd be at risk of becoming expensive compared to its peers. I believe they already are, based upon their results last quarter.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-16 08:12 AM
    Double post
    12-06-16 08:18 AM

Although I don't agree with BlackBerry's 'average at best' software portfolio, I do think that BlackBerry needs to start showing significant growth in software, or they'd be at risk of becoming expensive compared to its peers. I believe they already are, based upon their results last quarter.
    The software business is growing. I guess it depends on what you mean by "significant"?
    12-06-16 09:14 AM
113,252 ... 40164017401840194020 ...