Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    09-22-16 07:36 PM
    @

Corbu is on fire today and it might get hotter as news are flying out prior to the ER

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    09-22-16 08:11 PM
    09-22-16 08:11 PM
    @

Corbu is on fire today and it might get hotter as news are flying out prior to the ER

Letting all this news out before ER...I hope they shock and awe us at the ER! I don't want it to be lackluster lol

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-22-16 09:55 PM
    BlackBerry lands its first customer for new asset-tracking system for trucking companies

Caravan Transport Group Inc., an Oakville, Ont.-based cross-border freight carrier, has installed the system on 500 of its trailers and intends to roll it out across more vehicles in its fleet of 1,500, BlackBerry and Caravan announced Thursday.
    First 500 were probably free for a year to gain traction and hope they can get the other 1K added on at a cost. Blackberry needs to show actual users to gain traction.
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-22-16 10:36 PM
    MOBL rose 3,29% after BlackBerry's 'Iron will hold you down' marketing campaign went online. Can I assume that - since BlackBerry did a similar thing to Good just a few years back (via their fact check website if I recall correctly) - some are now speculating that BlackBerry is indeed going after their clients (publicly).. and that an acquisition could be in the cards?

Posted via CB10
    j_h33, rarsen, plasmid_boy and 1 others like this.
    09-23-16 05:52 AM
    OT from the Related Security file:

Hackers in the house: Why your IoT devices may have already joined a botnet | ZDNet
    Hackers are taking advantage of lax security attitudes around connected devices to hijack them for malicious means, researchers have warned.
    Google Allo: Don't use it, says Edward Snowden | ZDNet
    Corbu, sidhuk, morganplus8 and 6 others like this.
    09-23-16 07:21 AM
    MOBL rose 3,29% after BlackBerry's 'Iron will hold you down' marketing campaign went online. Can I assume that - since BlackBerry did a similar thing to Good just a few years back (via their fact check website if I recall correctly) - some are now speculating that BlackBerry is indeed going after their clients (publicly).. and that an acquisition could be in the cards?

Posted via CB10
    May be ... but I'm questioning the opportunity; do MOBL hold any valuable technology BBRY would need to acquire better than to see them vanish ?

P.S: hey guys ! sorry ... so much to do IRL ...
    rarsen, Corbu, morganplus8 and 8 others like this.
    09-23-16 07:30 AM
    Wow, BlackBerry Passport SE went on sale on shop blackberry.

I decided to order another to have on hand, did that yesterday am, just got it ten minutes ago, 26 hours to a new phone ,pretty awesome turn around.

My old SE has been dropped too many times and starting to show signs of age, so now I have a reinforcement to take over when needed.

Come to think of it, I have a brand new z30 sitting on my desk too. But the PP SE is still top dog, even as I type this in my priv virtual keyboard. The pkb on the priv is just too damn tiny and having to hit the shift key instead of flicking down on the keys is a pain

Let's see this stock hit $11 the hard way (USD not Canadian) after the next ER

The forward guidance will make us or break us. Chen needs to rest up and drink some redbull before the Call and fire everyone up and make sure they know BlackBerry is the Future

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-23-16 12:29 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cteitk2xyaaaeeo.jpeg

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 04:28 PM
    Some of the anti BlackBerry site news.
    http://www.techinsider.io/chris-ziel...e-verge-2016-9

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    09-23-16 05:28 PM
    Some of the anti BlackBerry site news.
    http://www.techinsider.io/chris-ziel...e-verge-2016-9

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    Rats.

Corbu, sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    09-23-16 06:07 PM
    May be ... but I'm questioning the opportunity; do MOBL hold any valuable technology BBRY would need to acquire better than to see them vanish ?

P.S: hey guys ! sorry ... so much to do IRL ...
    I like the idea of buying customers and market share. It would make them the clear #1, and then they can cross sell and upsell (as well as cut costs).

I know many don't agree, but it would only cost a few hundred mill, and bbry is cash flow positive.

(7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic -> PRIV)
    09-23-16 06:59 PM
    I like the idea of buying customers and market share. It would make them the clear #1, and then they can cross sell and upsell (as well as cut costs).

I know many don't agree, but it would only cost a few hundred mill, and bbry is cash flow positive.

(7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic -> PRIV)
    They won't be as easily if there are more Bay area MOBL employees to keep around.
    _dimi_ likes this.
    09-23-16 10:28 PM
    OT: Security and competition related.

http://www.geek.com/news/iphone-7-ha...roken-1671963/

"The first iPhone 7 jailbreak appears to have been achieved, and it reportedly took less than 24 hours*"

And this is apparently a secure phone????? Wtf ???

Posted via the CrackBerry App on DTek50
    sidhuk, rarsen, masterful and 2 others like this.
    09-24-16 02:23 PM
    Interesting timing...
    https://www.empireclub.org/events/mr...eo-blackberry/

Mr. John Chen, Executive Chairman & CEO, BlackBerry Limited

SEPTEMBER 26 2016 12 NOON / FOUR SEASONS HOTEL, 60 YORKVILLEAVE
    In Conversation with Amber Kanwar, Anchor & Reporter, BNN
    09-25-16 08:52 AM
    Ticket sold out

cjcampbell, rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    09-25-16 01:24 PM
    Aren't they supposed to be in "the quiet period "? Or bad news = news black out and don't defend yourself against mass media, good news = do whatever they want?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-16 01:45 PM
    Hi Corbu,

8) Depending on what they say about hardware during the EC, what is BlackBerry doing about Verizon? Verizon is the gate keeper for about 50% of the US market. VZW seemingly refuses to update in service Privs to Marshmallow and security updates. They don't offer the DTEK50. They have effectively shut BlackBerry out of that part of the handset market. They are branching out to other areas that compete against BlackBerry including shipping container tracking and are heavily involved in connective cars. Does BlackBerry see them as anything other than a threat?

Nothing short of a lawsuit against Verizon that bans carriers from selling and/or pre-authorizing handsets that work on their network will be sufficient though. An AT&T style breakup is needed.

That's it for now.

Thanks again!

Posted via CB10
    Corbu and CDM76 like this.
    09-25-16 02:00 PM

What they did with Good ...
    Cost is not in acquisition, barely sensible in the whole process of integration and technology merging. It's a LOT of manpower and energy spent here and this has big budget involved for years ...

rarsen, Corbu, morganplus8 and 1 others like this.
    09-25-16 03:30 PM
    Earnings on Wednesday!!! Whats gonnnnna happen?
    09-25-16 03:33 PM
    100% guessing.
    SW is going north.
    HW : we conceive but not produce (read: We're out of it but we aren't)
    SP get a serious bump.
    I can - bc I badly need - sell part of or all my shares, within the 5 years time frame I set in OP ...

09-25-16 03:37 PM
    3 Things To Watch Out For During BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) Q2 Earnings

• BlackBerry is scheduled to report its Q2 earnings on Wednesday, 28th of September.

• One question on everyone's mind will be the September deadline for handset segment.

• BlackBerry stock has strong momentum going into the earnings season.

The maker of once iconic handsets, BlackBerry (NSDQ:BBRY), is scheduled to report its Q2 2017 earnings on 28th of September. This has been an eventful quarter for BlackBerry with the launch of a new smartphone and the*restructuring of debt. The debt restructuring is likely to save millions of dollars for BlackBerry in next three years. BlackBerry has partnered with Canadian trucker Caravan Group to provide fleet tracking system. It is one of the ways in which BlackBerry is planning to use its IP. The company has also launched "BlackBerry Hub" on the play store. The struggling Smartphone maker is under pressure to show some strong performance on the revenue front.

The Handset Question

During Its Q4 2016 earnings BlackBerry put a September deadline on its handset division. The division has been bleeding BlackBerry for the past several quarters, and many consider it the main cause for BlackBerry’s dismal performance. But letting go of the iconic division is not easy. After all, it is reminiscent of BlackBerry’s past glory. Also, the handset division contributes a large chunk of BlackBerry’s revenues. In the latest quarter, the mobility solutions division, of which handsets are*major chunk, contributed more than 35% to BlackBerry’s revenues. But it also contributed $21 million in operating losses.

Mr. Chen had earlier promised that if the handset division doesn’t turn profitable they will quit the segment. And after the Q1 earnings call, he drew September end as the deadline for the division to be back into black or exit from the segment. To quote Mr. Chen:

"If by September, I couldn't find a way to get there, then I need to seriously consider being a software company only,"

With the September deadline knocking on the door, the question will be whether Mr. Chen will keep his promise?

BlackBerry’s handset strategy has undergone some strategic changes in last few quarters. First, BlackBerry launched ‘Priv’ an android based smartphone, ditching its own operating system. Then during this quarter, Blackberry launched DTEK50, a rebranded Alcatel phone. The DTEK50 was almost an exact copy of Alcatel Touch Idol 4 handset. While the Alcatel Idol 4 cost $199 the rebranded DTEK50, which BlackBerry marketed as the most secure phone, costs $299. This is likely to make some money for BlackBerry and also reduce its balance sheet risk.

And if the latest “leak” is anything to go by then BlackBerry is likely to continue this strategy instead of dumping the handset division. BlackBerry itself temporarily “leaked” information about its upcoming phone DTEK60, which appears to be rebranded Alcatel 4S Pro or TCL 950 which sells for $299. The idea of selling rebranded phones will definitely save some costs including R&D and possibly the regular inventory write-down costs for BlackBerry. But it is yet to be seen whether this strategy will yield desired results. In another development, BlackBerry has announced the*discontinuation of some of its BB10 models. So most likely Blackberry is going to go with selling rebranded phones instead of completely dumping the handset division.

Software Revenues

One of the few positives in BlackBerry's financials is the growing Software revenues. And one of the main goals of BlackBerry is to become a software company by providing security solutions. Software revenues have to keep growing to offset the rapidly declining SAF and hardware revenues. Another number to watch for will be the recurring revenues percentage. In the last quarter, a good 74% of the software revenues were of recurring nature. The company has guided for 20% decline in SAF revenues in Q2. During the Q1 earnings call, Mr. Chen said that he expects the Software revenues to grow at 30% during the year, offsetting the decline in SAF revenues.

The Numbers To Watch Out For

Analysts expect Blackberry to report an EPS of -$0.05 on a revenue of $393.75 million. The EPS estimate represents an improvement of 46% ($0.06) over the same quarter last year, while the revenue estimates represent*a decline of more than 19%, which has been the story for BlackBerry in the past quarters. On the earnings history front, BlackBerry has been able to deliver EPS surprises in 3 of the last four quarters, with the latest quarter beat coming in at 100%. However, it is the revenues which are the main concern. BlackBerry has missed revenue estimates in 3 of the last four quarters. In fact, revenue has been on a*consistent decline in last 3 years, even on a sequential basis.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackberry-sep-26.png

So what investors will be looking for is a strong revenue number*and good outlook. More than EPS, it is the revenue numbers that will determine the stock performance after the earnings. BlackBerry has managed to post better than expected EPS numbers by aggressively cutting costs. Another number which will be in focus will be the operating cash flow. After being in positive territory for eight quarters, in the last quarter, the numbers came in negative. The company has forecasted the cash flows to be positive for the fiscal year.

BlackBerry Stock Has Momentum Going Into The Earnings

Since its last earnings report on June 23rd, the stock has gained more than 12%, as compared to a gain of just over 8% by the Nasdaq. And BlackBerry stock is having a strong momentum going into the earnings. BlackBerry stock has gained around 10% in the last 5 trading sessions. After declining by around 12% from its August 16th high of $8.22, the stock had found support at the 100 day SMA of $7.21, and has bounced back since then, breaching the 50 day SMA and 20 Day SMA.

BlackBerry stock is one of the most shorted stocks on Wall Street with 57.25 million shares shorted as of 31st August 2016, with the short interest rising 5% from the previous fortnight. As a percentage of the*float, it is more than 11%, with days to cover at 18 days. So a very strong revenue growth and positive outlook can result in a short squeeze, resulting in strong gains for the stock.

The main story of interest during the Q2 2017 earnings call will be the fate of the handset division, which has been losing millions of dollars for BlackBerry. While Mr. Chen has put the September deadline during his Q4 2016 earnings call, it is difficult to see him completely abandoning the handset division. More likely BlackBerry will continue to sell rebranded phones.

http://amigobulls.com/articles/3-thi...ry-q2-earnings
    Last edited by alludba; 09-26-16 at 12:43 AM.
    Greened, CDM76 and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-25-16 05:10 PM
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtOWVLzWcAEG94h.jpg:large

OT but confirms what Morgan has claimed

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    09-25-16 05:10 PM
    Earnings on Wednesday!!! Whats gonnnnna happen?
    Hopefully you will be gone forever!

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    09-25-16 05:18 PM
113,252 ... 39843985398639873988 ...