1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    SPHS:

Three news came out yesterday.

http://ih.advfn.com/stock-market/NAS...HS/stock-price

Check Prospectus Filed Pursuant to Rule 424(b)(5) (424b5)
    Edgar (US Regulatory) � Mon Aug 22,2016 9:09 PM
    http://ih.advfn.com/p.php?pid=nmona&article=72264476

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android

● 1,992,598 common shares issuable upon the exercise of stock options outstanding as of August 15, 2016 at a weighted average exercise price of $4.10 per commonshare, which includes options with exercise prices denominated in U.S. dollars and Canadian dollars, with Canadian dollar amounts converted to U.S. dollars for purposes of the weighted average exercise price calculation using the grant date exchange rate for each Canadian dollar denominated option*;

● 599,933 common shares issuable upon the exercise of warrants outstanding as of August 15, 2016 (excluding the warrants offered hereby) at a weighted average exercise price of $22.21 per common*share; and

● an additional 269,245 common shares that are available for future issuance under our stock option plan*.**

08-23-16 07:27 AM
    ● 1,992,598 common shares issuable upon the exercise of stock options outstanding as of August 15, 2016 at a weighted average exercise price of $4.10 per commonshare, which includes options with exercise prices denominated in U.S. dollars and Canadian dollars, with Canadian dollar amounts converted to U.S. dollars for purposes of the weighted average exercise price calculation using the grant date exchange rate for each Canadian dollar denominated option*;

● 599,933 common shares issuable upon the exercise of warrants outstanding as of August 15, 2016 (excluding the warrants offered hereby) at a weighted average exercise price of $22.21 per common*share; and

● an additional 269,245 common shares that are available for future issuance under our stock option plan*.**

08-23-16 07:27 AM
    08-23-16 07:43 AM

Who can explain to me why some say the stock is worth much less than the warrant price of 4.10.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-16 11:20 AM
    Who can explain to me why some say the stock is worth much less than the warrant price of 4.10.

Posted via CB10
    It could be because they are completely clueless about these things and shouldn't be allowed to invest money period. What happened when they floated $ 4.6 million bucks worth of stock at $ 1.40/shr? It went to $ 8.50/shr. That's a huge profit. Now, they are floating 6.5 MM shares, plus warrants for 4.9 MM more, plus, an over allotment of .975 MM shares with warrants for .731 MM shares totaling a whopping 13 MM shares worth $ 52 MM US dollars gross to them while just having sold a pile of shares for $ 1.40/shr this year! The company will have enough cash to stay independent and see its drug through to a NDA filing. If there are investors who think it is a steal at $ 4.10/shr and they are willing to dump $ 52 MM into this company, it is probably worth more than $ 4.10/shr. We are likely to see the stock sit for a bit and begin a long hard rally to dump all of those shares out into the public at ridiculous prices. I for one would not invest $ 52 MM bucks into a company that didn't have sound data to back the investment. I hope dumb investors sell today (and they are clearly dumb to sell at this price level), so we can get rid of them once and for all.

BBRY - I bought another block of stock yesterday as this one is looking better by the day. I bought a block at $ 6.65/shr and this time it feels the same way, the press on this one is getting better and Chen is about to surprise us all in September. As before, we need to break above $ 8.20/shr and confirm that breakout for a run to 2016 highs. I think we can do it.
    Last edited by morganplus8; 08-23-16 at 12:10 PM.
    Corbu, Jahcure, W Hoa and 13 others like this.
    08-23-16 11:53 AM
    Hey m8! So im assuming you believe sphs will be going at this alone then? Wouldn't that bring into question that there wasnt enough interest found with Oppenheimer and they didn't get the deal they wanted? I'm just curious about all this since randy always said he was looking for non diluting financing options but has since done it twice...im actually still up quite a lot in the stock but was actually hoping a big pharma would help bring this drug closer to nda

It could be because they are completely clueless about these things and shouldn't be allowed to invest money period. What happened when they floated $ 4.6 million bucks worth of stock at $ 1.40/shr? It went to $ 8.50/shr. That's a huge profit. Now, they are floating 6.5 MM shares, plus warrants for 4.9 MM more, plus, an over allotment of .975 MM shares with warrants for .731 MM shares totaling a whopping 13 MM shares worth $ 52 MM US dollars gross to them while just having sold a pile of shares for $ 1.40/shr this year! The company will have enough cash to stay independent and see its drug through to a NDA filing. If there are investors who think it is a steal at $ 4.10/shr and they are willing to dump $ 52 MM into this company, it is probably worth more than $ 4.10/shr. We are likely to see the stock sit for a bit and begin a long hard rally to dump all of those shares out into the public at ridiculous prices. I for one would not invest $ 52 MM bucks into a company that didn't have sound data to back the investment. I hope dumb investors sell today (and they are clearly dumb to sell at this price level), so we can get rid of them once and for all.

BBRY - I bought another block of stock yesterday as this one is looking better by the day. I bought a block at $ 6.65/shr and this time it feels the same way, the press on this one is getting better and Chen is about to surprise us all in September. As before, we need to break above $ 8.20/shr and confirm that breakout for a run to 2016 highs. I think we can do it.
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    08-23-16 12:48 PM
    Hey m8! So im assuming you believe sphs will be going at this alone then? Wouldn't that bring into question that there wasnt enough interest found with Oppenheimer and they didn't get the deal they wanted? I'm just curious about all this since randy always said he was looking for non diluting financing options but has since done it twice...im actually still up quite a lot in the stock but was actually hoping a big pharma would help bring this drug closer to nda

They chose to go it alone, sure, they could have sold the company for $ 10.00 plus per share but you will see a much larger gain for the CEO if he develops the drug in-house. The stock will now go higher than the buy-out price and this makes more sense. It's like settling for $ 15.00/shr for BBRY when you can let Chen do his thing and get $ 30.00/shr all day. Think about it this way, look at ACAD, HALO and others, their market cap is in the billions and that means this one is at the earliest of stages in the development cycle and they are addressing prostrate cancer here. They are still a buy-out candidate here, but at a higher level. With only 34 million in diluted stock, this one is at the very beginning of its growth cycle. HALO raised a quarter billion in cash and look at their float, valuation and market cap, we aren't even beginning to scratch the surface of where this one will be going. This is the best news I've heard in quite some time. I will be moving a large amount of money into this stock for less than the issue price and know it is risk free on the downside this time around. What a great day.

There are two kinds of dilution available here, one is the selling of more stock and the other is the wholesale loss of the asset itself from a partnership. He looked at the 50% reduction in ownership forever and decided to develop the drug himself. When your float is this small to begin with, you can afford to tap the market for some cash and retain ownership. We need to give this guy more credit for his decision-making skills as he is the one that defied all odds and went for the test results in the Phase II study, no one wanted that at the time and now we have a powerful company today.
    08-23-16 01:17 PM
    Wait.. so the 30 dollar party is back on the agenda? When can I anticipate to be drinking beers with Morgan?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-16 04:08 PM
    Wait.. so the 30 dollar party is back on the agenda? When can I anticipate to be drinking beers with Morgan?

Posted via CB10
    It has never left my agenda

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    08-23-16 04:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    What's that 70% discount ?

ZayDub, morganplus8, CDM76 and 3 others like this.
    08-23-16 04:30 PM
    SPHS: deal is a done deal just going through underwriters on Aug 26th. Look up the 8-k filing.

08-23-16 08:43 PM
    SPHS:

Neither the Securities and Exchange Commission nor any state securities commission has approved or disapproved of these securities or determined if this prospectus supplement or accompanying prospectus is truthful or complete. Any representation to the contrary is a criminal offense.

The underwriters expect to deliver the common shares and warrants to the investors on or about August 26, 2016.

Sole Book-Running Manager

Piper Jaffray

Co-Manager

Maxim Group LLC

The date of this prospectus supplement is August 23, 2016

It is done deal

http://investor.sophirisbio.com/secf...79&CIK=1563855

08-23-16 08:56 PM
    [INFO]Gentlemen,
    A reminder that while you may disagree, please debate the comment -- not the person making the post.[/INFO]
    08-23-16 10:55 PM
    OT: An opportunity for watchdox , maybe. http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/24/tech...ory=technology
    08-24-16 06:24 AM
    Morgan, what do you think John Chen will surprise us with in September?
    08-24-16 08:52 AM
    BlackBerry beats court appeal in U.S. shareholder lawsuit
    2016-08-24 09:52:00 AM ET (Reuters)
    Aug 24 (Reuters) - A U.S. appeals court on Wednesday upheld the dismissal of a lawsuit accusing BlackBerry Ltd of fraudulently inflating its stock price by painting a misleadingly upbeat picture of the prospects for its BlackBerry 10 smartphone line.

But while the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York agreed the lawsuit failed to state a plausible claim, it ordered a lower-court judge to reconsider whether the plaintiffs should be allowed to amend their complaint in light of new evidence. (Reporting by Nate Raymond in New York Editing by W Simon)
    Corbu, Mr BBRY, dusdal and 5 others like this.
    08-24-16 09:09 AM
    If BlackBerry is sinking like this, does it mean that the breakout was rejected?
    08-24-16 11:00 AM
    Thanks bbjdog!

More info
    U.S. appeals court sends BlackBerry Ltd lawsuit back to lower court | Financial Post

NEW YORK � A U.S. appeals court on Wednesday upheld the dismissal of a lawsuit accusing BlackBerry Ltd of fraudulently inflating its stock price by painting an upbeat picture of the prospects for its BlackBerry Z10 smartphone line that was misleading.

While the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York said the lawsuit failed to state a plausible claim, it ordered a lower-court judge to reconsider whether to let the plaintiffs amend their complaint in light of what they said was new evidence.

Neither BlackBerry nor a lawyer for lead plaintiffs Todd Cox and Mary Dinzik responded immediately to requests for comment.

BlackBerry launched its Z10 phone in January 2013 in a bid to recoup market share lost to Apple Inc�s iPhone, and Samsung Electronics Co Ltd devices powered by Google Inc�s Android.

The BlackBerry Z10 won positive reviews, but low sales led to a projected US$930-million writedown for unsold inventory on Sept. 20, 2013. BlackBerry shares lost about one-sixth of their value that day.

The Waterloo, Ontario-based company ousted its chief executive officer, Thorsten Heins, less than two months later.

The lawsuit alleged that BlackBerry attempted to conceal the poor performance of the Z10 in order to artificially inflate its stock price.

In Wednesday�s decision, the 2nd Circuit upheld U.S. District Judge Thomas Griesa�s March 2015 dismissal of the lawsuit for the failure to allege that BlackBerry and its executives knowingly misled investors.

The three-judge appeals panel said the plaintiffs� claims amounted to �fraud by hindsight� by saying that the defendants must have known the device would be unsuccessful.

The court nonetheless said the plaintiffs could try to persuade Griesa to let them amend their complaint in light of new legal developments and evidence that the plaintiffs said would support their claims.

The appeals court said if Griesa refuses to let the plaintiffs amend their complaint, he should explain his reasons, which he had not done before.

The case is Cox v. BlackBerry Limited, 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, No. 15-3991.
    08-24-16 12:06 PM
    08-24-16 12:25 PM
    Corbu, no need to thank me, I'm thankful for what you, Morgan and many other's contribute on this thread.

Cheers and stop slacking off(joking mate). LMAO!
    Last edited by bbjdog; 08-24-16 at 01:29 PM.
    Corbu, sidhuk, morganplus8 and 5 others like this.
    08-24-16 12:46 PM
    08-24-16 01:10 PM
    SPSH: good info from an IR response posted on stocktwits. Funds from dilution will be used for P2B PC and strengthens balance sheet with helps their hand negotiating for Partnership or BO. Not P3.

Looks good to me. Move forward with the promising PC study at the higher dose, better drug delivery method, and very good safety profile. If the study is meets objectives the stock blows up to double digits easy.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, Jahcure, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    08-24-16 02:02 PM
    Read NYT Mylan story yesterday and i was like man these guys have cojones to think they would escape the valeant political treatment. When you have a product that's used by a lot of kids you gotta tread carefully with how far you push the parents, its political time bomb.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    08-24-16 02:12 PM
    Short interest essentially unchanged as of 8/15 still at 54M

Posted on my Priv
    08-24-16 03:06 PM
    Anyone care to comment that Berkshire now own a $1,5 B position in Apple, where in the past Buffet would stay away from technology stocks. IMHO I'm not completely surprised as Buffet had previously put money in IBM (lots of expectations but we'll see) which has some agreements with Apple, but believe they started giving leeway to younger Berkshire investment managers to take responsibility for some trades to build experience level. Personally found that we learn more from our mistakes than our successes, but opinions may vary. Also believe China and India smartphone markets will have important influences on the evolving market shares and profits, expansion could pierce some balloons. Hoping to get some pleasant surprises from Chen profit-making from hardware, to improve perceptions in September.

Berkshire Boosts Apple Stake 55% - Berkshire Hathaway inc. (NYSE:BRK.B) | Seeking Alpha
    BRKs Buffet likes to invest in household brand names, things you expect to be around for a very long time. APPL is a consumer product-driven company involved with technology, where brand perception drives most of their margins. The dot-com internet-centered companies like social media, online media, or online advertising-driven tech are what Buffet avoids. You can find a bunch of Buffet interviews on YouTube where he talks about this, to help you get a better idea of his investing strats.
    rarsen likes this.
    08-24-16 03:17 PM
113,250 ... 39683969397039713972 ...