View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Do you think that is the eventual plan? To phase out BB10?
    Sent from my awesome Z30
    +
    Until their Android deployment has all the certifications that BB10 does, I think the point is to carry the 2. But I think if they can get Android to the point it has all of the certifications that BB10 has, it would be silly for them to continue to carry them both.
    The main point being that right now we're not close, and so that is why they are so vociferous about BB10 support.
    Remember the word "Merge". When they can merge BB10 Security and features into Android ... then we might read EOS sometimes ...

I'm with you on the MS-BlackBerry thing, but one of the main reasons why I use BlackBerry is because I don't want -the Google-.
    That would be bad...
    Real bad.
    +
    I commented the article, but didn't want to add again my 2 years old (is it 3 ?) crazy speculations ... so here's the un[self]censored version
    (and Thanks, Corbu .... damm you're so fast !)
    [re: why & what target]
    Well in fact, it depends on the enterprise size and its level of "security requirements".
    First, for very large projects, the HW/network/License costs won't be more than the "line thickness" above the budget total line.
    Second, for the most secured enterprise, going (hosted) Cloud will simply have no interest (I shall write "would be completely incomprehensible" - think certificates, keys and so on).
    So, what I see here is a very nice move towards mid/small sized enterprises with real security concerns and little to none internal resources - aka the legion.
    And I like it.
    Very much.

Bottom line : BlackBerry and Microsoft are two words that go together well, unlike some other competitors (make your own choices) .
    It's a pity I'm so out of the forums lately, sorry guys.
    I keep trying to catch-up as much as possible but heavy, I mean HEAVY work load.
    Good news : I didn't have to sell my position. More good news : if timing is good, may even add some more !

Cheers all, beer thirsty here !
    07-25-16 12:57 PM
    Well, since some of you were kind enough not to fustigate me on my last comparison chart ... I'd bet this one would rejoice some !
    SignO' the times ?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    07-25-16 01:07 PM
    Hoping the democratic party uses MobileIron's MDM solution..

Posted via CB10
    lol what it takes to be elliptic ! You've *almost* been censored (by me).

Wikileaks released nearly 20,000 hacked emails it says are from the accounts of Democratic National Committee officials on Friday.
    morganplus8, Corbu, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    07-25-16 01:14 PM
    What is the reasonable price do you think? For sure not under Prem average!

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    Loaded question, to say the least.
    I say eleventy-million, but if we go off the experts (Chen et' al. ) we shouldn't expect to see anything under 20USD. I imagine some would consider that fair, but you and I know that BlackBerry has so much potential at this point, that it is hard to peg.
    07-25-16 01:44 PM
    Too bad BlackBerry can't counter sue for 'stupid'.
    Mr BBRY, La Emperor, CDM76 and 1 others like this.
    07-25-16 01:46 PM
    Any rumours on the online event tomorrow? Is it going to be just devices or radar too?
    07-25-16 02:11 PM
    wow!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-sphs-1y-chart-7.25.16-5.95-.png
    07-25-16 03:04 PM
    wow!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SPHS - 1Y Chart - 7.25.16 (.95).PNG 
Views:	707 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	404780
    Sir Morgan+8
    BBRY
    and what can I say about SPHS, what does the chart says? Please
    La Emperor, Mr BBRY, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    07-25-16 03:10 PM
    Sir Morgan+8
    BBRY
    and what can I say about SPHS, what does the chart says? Please
    sidhuk!!

There is only one technical on this play and that is its RSI which is grossly over-bought, the rest of the play is the news of which, it is huge. This is a very cheap stock today and Funds know that. I mentioned awhile back that if you thought about selling into this rally you wouldn't be able to get back in again, and so far ......................

I think this one would be $ 15.00/shr today if it weren't for Hilary spoiling the excitement of biotech. The only thing you need to do is watch the volume for any signs of a top in this run, other than that, it is full speed ahead and nothing can stop it.

BBRY is also starting to get legs of its own, above the 50-dma and its 3-ema looking to head higher here. When is the last time we closed at the high of the day on a down market?

Best of luck!
    Corbu, ZayDub, sidhuk and 14 others like this.
    07-25-16 04:12 PM
    I knew we'd be back over 7 soon enough...all this unwarranted market fluctuations, as it pertains to BBRY, can't last forever.

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    07-25-16 05:11 PM
    Android phone launch tomorrow The access password is LIVEsecurity

Join us for a live virtual event on Tuesday, July 26 at 11:00 a.m. EST

Webcast - Password
    07-25-16 05:19 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies files:

Smartphones overtake computers as top e-commerce traffic source - The Globe and Mail

�Smartphones accounted for 45.1 per cent of web-shopping traffic in the first quarter of this year, edging out computers at 45 per cent, according to a study from Demandware, an e-commerce software provider. �If they can get it right on mobile today and tomorrow, that�s where they�re going to see a lot of value going forward,� Sales outside of brick-and-mortar stores have grown in importance for merchants of all stripes. The adoption of mobile shopping has been even more rapid, catching many retailers off guard. Sales from mobile more than doubled from 2013 to 2015, according to ComScore Inc.
    Retailers can expect to see online shopping evolve into a �mobile only� space, Kenney said. By 2019, EMarketer expects 71 per cent of U.S. consumers will have a smartphone, compared with today�s 59 per cent, and Demandware predicts that by the fourth quarter of 2018, phones will outstrip computers for online order placements by about 13 per cent. Some retailers already are rapidly approaching a mobile-only world. �For many of those customers, that smartphone is the only computing device they own,� he said. �The universality of the device has been a game-changer.�
    morganplus8, CDM76, ZayDub and 4 others like this.
    07-25-16 05:30 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies files, promoting improved IoT safety and increased activities:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/self-d...175649553.html
    sidhuk likes this.
    07-25-16 06:03 PM
    07-25-16 08:09 PM
    Android phone launch tomorrow The access password is LIVEsecurity

Join us for a live virtual event on Tuesday, July 26 at 11:00 a.m. EST

Webcast - Password
    Are we sure this is a valid source? My browser keeps crashing after entering the password..

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 02:00 AM
    OT from the Related Technologies as must not overlook what is going on in China as the world's largest population, where iPhone has high hardware sale expectations and where BB has been rather silent (Chen's skills permitting him to clearly understand the dynamics in that area of the world) :

Huawei Optimistic About Meeting Its Target for Smartphone Shipments - NASDAQ.com

Huawei will reach its target to ship 140 million smartphones in 2016, a 30% increase from last year. Mr. Yu also said he was confident the company's market share in China would surpass 20% this year and that its goal is to reach at least 30%. In the second quarter of 2016, its share in China stood at more than 16%, making it the biggest player in the country after local rivals Oppo and Vivo, according to research firm Canalys. Huawei, the world's third-largest smartphone maker by sales behind Samsung Electronics Co. and Apple Inc., is trying to close the gap against the two smartphone giants.
    07-26-16 07:16 AM
    Is it now a good time to get in SPHS
    OlympusMons likes this.
    07-26-16 07:42 AM
    Hi Morgan8,

May I know your thoughts on PSDV?

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-26-16 08:40 AM
    BlackBerry's new best pals: Microsoft, Google, Samsung ? The Register

'I cannot buy everything. Or manage everything' ... We need partners – Chen

BlackBerry didn't drop any bombshells at its annual Security Summit last week. Unlike previous years, there were no surprise acquisitions or products. But it did conspicuously share the limelight with a number of partners, some of which may make jolly good new owners.

On the stage were Samsung, Google and Microsoft. The latter got another fillip on Monday, with BlackBerry announcing that its acquired software platform Good can run on Microsoft's Azure cloud. BlackBerry's homegrown management suite has run on the Azure cloud since March this year.

(If you think Microsoft buying BlackBerry is strange, it can't be as strange as Microsoft buying LinkedIn.)

As for funding its own acquisitions, BlackBerry has $2.5bn in cash and investments in the bank. However, its CEO and turnaround artiste John Chen, now surrounded by familiar Sybase veterans, prefers performing surgical takeovers. And in truth, there's limited scope in what anyone can do with $2.5bn against platforms dominated by much larger players.

"Our game plan isn't to buy more revenue, but we will make more acquisitions," Chen promised.

[…]

BlackBerry touted the "end-to-end" nature of its offerings, but that doesn't mean everything between the ends is powered by a BlackBerry product or service. "I cannot buy everything. Or manage everything. Right now we're covering communicating channels. With other things we'll have to partner," was Chen's clue.

One thing BlackBerry has brought in-house is security squawker AtHoc, which was gobbled up a year ago. This alerts service is used to spread information during critical emergency situations; random and almost daily atrocities are a macabre reminder of the need for this.

Another purchase is Radar, an Internet-of-Things-ish assets tracking system that's in three pilot projects.

"Containers and trucks are two separate things ... The container security problem is a big problem not too many people have solved. One niche company really does that and we'd like to move into that space," said Chen.

The company is expected to announce its latest handset, its first of 2016, at a press event scheduled for Tuesday.
    rarsen, sidhuk, La Emperor and 3 others like this.
    07-26-16 09:01 AM
    They purchased Radar? I thought this was their home grown offering. And purchased Good? That was forever ago and the article makes it seem like it was last week.
    07-26-16 09:18 AM
    BlackBerry Launches Its Second Android-Powered Phone - WSJ

DTEK50 has a 5.2-inch screen, all-touch keyboard; will retail for $299

BlackBerry Ltd. unveiled a second Android-powered phone on Tuesday, doubling down on efforts to revive its struggling handset business even as its first bet on the popular operating system has yet to pay off.

The new device, along with BlackBerry’s broader handset effort, face an uphill battle as the Canadian company’s smartphone sales have shrunk to a fraction of former levels amid competition from rivals such as Apple Inc. and Samsung Electronics. Co. That is pushing some analysts to call on BlackBerry to give up on its handsets, which account for less than 1% of the global smartphone market, to focus only on higher-margin mobile-security software and related services.

“Without significant scale it’s very hard to make money on Android,” said Gus Papageorgiou, an analyst at Macquarie Group Ltd.

For the quarter ended May 31, BlackBerry’s handset business had an operating loss of $21 million.

The once-dominant smartphone maker covets a profitable handset business to augment sales of its growing, but still relatively small, software and patent-licensing division. Achieving profitability would also afford BlackBerry more time to develop new secure devices that connect consumer and industrial products to the web.

BlackBerry’s new device, called DTEK50, will retail for $299, and offers a 5.2-inch screen and all-touch keyboard. The company has loaded the phone with proprietary encryption technology to protect photos, contacts and other data against cyberattacks. The device includes an alert system to tell users when social-media applications are tracking their locations or accessing a phone’s camera or microphone. It also offers productivity tools such as the company’s unified inbox that compiles email, text and other messages in one place.

“DTEK50 merges unique security and connectivity features...with the rich Android ecosystem,” Ralph Pini, head of BlackBerry’s device business, said in a statement. The company is also expected to launch another Android device, this one with a physical keyboard, in its current fiscal year.

Smartphones powered by Alphabet Inc.’s Android operating system control more than 80% of the global smartphone market.

BlackBerry needs a device hit as handset sales continue to fall despite the company releasing a string of new smartphones, including three powered by its BB10 operating system, since September 2014. It launched the Priv, its first-ever Android phone, in November. Overall, BlackBerry sold 500,000 devices in its latest quarter, down from 2.1 million in the quarter ended Aug. 30, 2014. Earlier this month, the company announced plans to stop making its Classic smartphone, fueling speculation that it may abandon the BB10 operating system. The company, however, says it is committed to its proprietary system.

BlackBerry has said BB10-device sales were hurt by a lack of social media and entertainment apps that are only available on Apple’s iPhones and Android-powered devices.

The Priv was meant to address that issue by combining BlackBerry’s encryption technology with access to the popular Google Play app store. BlackBerry hasn’t disclosed Priv sales, but the number of phones on which BlackBerry recognized revenue is down almost 17% since the device’s launch. Priv’s initial hefty price tag of $699 in part hampered demand and BlackBerry has said longer-than-expected contract talks with U.S. carrier Verizon Wireless hindered sales.

DTEK50 is priced at a steep discount to the Priv, underscoring BlackBerry’s attempt to appeal to a broader audience. The market for midprice smartphones, however, is crowded with offerings from firms such as Samsung and LG Electronics Inc. In March, Apple also introduced a lower-priced iPhone.

Sales of the new BlackBerry device could also suffer because BlackBerry hasn’t announced any partnerships with major U.S. wireless phone operators to distribute the device. That is a potential setback as carrier support would offer an endorsement of the product and greater availability. AT&T Inc. offered the Priv at the time of that device’s launch.

BlackBerry said it expects to begin delivering the new phone during the week of Aug. 8, but will take preorders starting Tuesday from customers in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and several other European countries. It also has a deal with more than 40 distributors globally to help generate sales. In the U.S., the company will initially distribute the phone through Amazon.com Inc., and retailers Best Buy Co. and B&H Foto & Electronics Corp.
    07-26-16 10:12 AM
    This bb10 app works great for bbry stocks, weather and battery. It shows all of that info inside the hub. Works great.
    Check out Hubby in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59998023
    Posted Via blackberry passport.
    La Emperor, ZayDub, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    07-26-16 10:13 AM
    Wow. $299 retail. Good start for market share.

07-26-16 10:14 AM
    This bb10 app works great for bbry stocks, weather and battery. It shows all of that info inside the hub. Works great.
    Check out Hubby in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59998023
    Just got it. What a cool idea!

Thanks for the heads up.

Posted via CB10
    masterful likes this.
    07-26-16 10:29 AM
    Nice, will check it out, thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 10:33 AM
113,256 ... 39523953395439553956 ...