I would like to start off by apologising if this topic has been discussed previously. Unfortunately I can't help myself that I am completely miffed by BlackBerry's selective and/or exclusive launching of limited color variants of the Q5 in different markets. Does anyone out there know why? What's the reason, for instance, not releasing all the color variants in the Canadian markets to all carriers/sellers/retailers, simultaneously?
    IMO, it would be a big blunder if Apple beats BlackBerry by launching all the iPhone 5C color variants simultaneously to all markets.
    Or am I just making big deal out of nothing?
    09-02-13 06:33 PM
    It's up to carriers to order all of the variants. Of course BlackBerry has their exclusive agreements, such as red for Virgin Mobile, but I'm sure the carriers could still have ordered white or pink. They were most likely not interested, however.
    09-02-13 06:35 PM
    Pink q5. It's a mythical creature yet to be spotted in the wild. I'd do bad things for one

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 06:49 PM
    Are you saying that the carriers might opt to carry all iPhone 5C color variants yet refuse to carry Q5's? What's the rationale? Do you think BlackBerry is absolved of the responsibility of proper "Release Management"?

It's up to carriers to order all of the variants. Of course BlackBerry has their exclusive agreements, such as red for Virgin Mobile, but I'm sure the carriers could still have ordered white or pink. They were most likely not interested, however.
    09-02-13 07:01 PM
    Are you saying that the carriers might opt to carry all iPhone 5C color variants yet refuse to carry Q5's? What's the rationale? Do you think BlackBerry is absolved of the responsibility of proper "Release Management"?
    Yes, that is a possibility. Why? Likely because they don't expect the Q5 to sell well, so selling it in a niche colour becomes even more difficult. The iPhone 5C, on the other hand, will be expected to sell well, and so the carriers will be willing to carry all of the colours.

This doesn't absolve BlackBerry entirely of responsibility. They should still be trying to negotiate with carriers best they can, as well as improving the company image so that carriers can have more confidence in them. But it is, ultimately, a carrier decision, and BlackBerry can only do so much about it in the short-term. In the long-term, they can hopefully gain more confidence from the carriers.
    09-02-13 07:04 PM
    Pink q5. It's a mythical creature yet to be spotted in the wild. I'd do bad things for one

Posted via CB10
    LMAO!!! I'm curious to know what bad things you could do to the pinK Q5.
    09-02-13 07:04 PM
    It is near certainty that the iPhone 5S and 5C, in all its colour variants, will sell at the same time in all markets. The only time one colour sold ahead of the other was when the white iPhone 4 came out, and there were problems with the white having a yellowish tint.

BlackBerry, on the other hand, routinely withholds colours for certain markets only. I should know....I never succeeded in getting a white 97xx series or a white 9900. And now I can't get either a white Z or a white Q.

This aggravates me to no end. I would have loved those white devices.
    09-02-13 07:19 PM
    It is near certainty that the iPhone 5S and 5C, in all its colour variants, will sell at the same time in all markets. The only time one colour sold ahead of the other was when the white iPhone 4 came out, and there were problems with the white having a yellowish tint.

BlackBerry, on the other hand, routinely withholds colours for certain markets only. I should know....I never succeeded in getting a white 97xx series or a white 9900. And now I can't get either a white Z or a white Q.

This aggravates me to no end. I would have loved those white devices.
    And guess what, at very least BlackBerry may have lost at least one phone sale ; plus a dissatisfied customer that may have referred other potential customers.
    Ain't BlackBerry in business to sell BB phones by the "boat load "?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 08:26 PM