- 07-21-14, 09:02 AM #2
For those companies that use IM for communications this will be a very welcomed addition - both for security purposes and for data retention.
Will give BES12 an advantage over other MDM platforms.
- 07-21-14, 10:33 AM #4BBM Protected encryption applies to BBM messages, attachments and files sent between BBM Protected users.
It also applies to multi-person BBM chats where all participants are BBM Protected users and BBM Groups that
have been established as Protected BBM Groups. It does not apply to BBM Voice and BBM Video calls at this time.
I bet the Blackphone guy already knows more about how BBM Protect is going to work - and not going to work, than many people here.
- CrackBerry Addict
07-21-14, 11:41 AM #6
- 672 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
How quickly will today's governments around the world ban BlackBerry from their countries unless BlackBerry turns over encryption keys? They already threatened BlackBerry over BBM and BIS encrypted data and most people don't bother to understand how BlackBerry appeased those governments. They, including Blackphone's CEO incorrectly accuse BlackBerry for selling out their customers. BlackBerry has to let Android or iPhone (the bigger players) take that leap first or else BlackBerry would be the only one who will be singled out.
- 07-22-14, 08:54 AM #10
- By Ashfaq Gazi in forum BBM on Windows PhoneReplies: 3Last Post: 07-31-14, 10:50 AM
- By Malachi.2.15 in forum BlackBerry WorldReplies: 3Last Post: 07-21-14, 09:23 AM
- By Banco in forum General BBM ChatReplies: 1Last Post: 07-21-14, 06:32 AM
- By Sujith Roy Mathew in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-21-14, 06:07 AM