What if one day Apple wakes up one day and say, "hm...today is a good day to buy Blackberry"

Then, wouldn't they've covered not only the entertainment but also business aspects of the mobile world? Seems simple enough or maybe I'm missing something...

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 08:42 AM
    What if one day Apple wakes up one day and say, "hm...today is a good day to buy Blackberry"

Then, wouldn't they've covered not only the entertainment but also business aspects of the mobile world? Seems simple enough or maybe I'm missing something...

Posted via CB10
    You are missing the fact that Apple already leads the enterprise:

Apple’s (AAPL) iPhone 5 was found to be the device of choice for business customers in Q4, representing 32% of all activations. The most popular Android smartphone, the Galaxy S III, had a 6% share. The top tablet was the iPad with an unprecedented 93.2% of activations, compared to 6.8% from Android slates. The most popular Android tablets for business users were the Galaxy Tab followed by the DROID Xyboard, Galaxy Note, Eee Pad Transformer, Kindle Fire and Xoom.
    06-29-13 11:07 AM
    You are missing the fact that Apple already leads the enterprise:
    You forgot about the other 62% of enterprise folk. At. 5% on windows phone that leaves the rest on BlackBerry since most enterprise have shifted away from dumb phones

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and theRock1975 like this.
    06-29-13 06:21 PM
    I'm surprised Apple hasn't made a move yet. On second thought, I'm surprised IBM, Microsoft, Google haven't made an offer either. $10 a share and $6 cash back!

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 07:21 PM
    You forgot about the other 62% of enterprise folk. At. 5% on windows phone that leaves the rest on BlackBerry since most enterprise have shifted away from dumb phones

Posted via CB10
    He quoted that incorrectly. The 32% is ONLY iPhone 5 and does not include iPads or prior iPhones. The 6% is ONLY Galaxy S III and does not include other Android devices.

In the latest Device Activation Report released by Good Technology, iOS was found to be at the top of the enterprise market with 77% of all activations, an increase from 71% in 2011, and it captured eight of the 10 spots for most popular devices. Enterprise activations for Android devices fell 6.3% year-over-year for a 22.7% share of the market, while Windows Phone came in at a distant third with 0.5% of activations.
    - 77% iOS
    - 22.7% Android
    - 0.5% Windows Phone

that leaves ~0.0% Blackberry due to rounding error. BB10 probably wasn't launched at the time of the study and BBRY is no longer as popular with enterprise as it used to be.

I'm surprised Apple hasn't made a move yet. On second thought, I'm surprised IBM, Microsoft, Google haven't made an offer either. $10 a share and $6 cash back!

Posted via CB10
    Who knows how much the stock market and corporations are valuating the handset business? BBRY was in the $6 range before. They may be ascribing 0 to negative valuation for BBRY's handset business.

You may be asking, "Why don't BBRY just stop making phones, then?" but it's not as simple as that. There may be severance packages and other agreements in place.
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 06-29-13 at 07:44 PM.
    sosumi11 and mikeo007 like this.
    06-29-13 07:26 PM
    Won't happen. BlackBerry may be bought but not from Apple.

Apple is running a huge ship with a lot of issues right now they wouldn't want another one with issues as well and so much smaller

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 07:31 PM
    He quoted that incorrectly. The 32% is ONLY iPhone 5 and does not include iPads or prior iPhones. The 6% is ONLY Galaxy S III and does not include other Android devices.

- 77% iOS
    - 22.7% Android
    - 0.5% Windows Phone

that leaves ~0.0% Blackberry due to rounding error. BB10 probably wasn't launched at the time of the study and BBRY is no longer as popular with enterprise as it used to be.
    That's for GOOD though and they don't support BB... I believe.... so they would obviously not be in that list.
    06-29-13 07:32 PM
    BlackBerry needs help, if not from within then who's the best candidate? Not some dream team formula, realistic speaking...
    I'm completely clueless, so if I could gain some sort of understanding through your insights that would be great.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 01:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    why should they spend the money, when all they have to is back and watch BB bleed out.
    06-30-13 01:37 AM
    And a lot of their value is in their patent holdings, which a lot are jointly owned with Apple. I can't see Apple doing this. They don't need or want it. Microsoft on the other hand may get sick of playing with Nokia and do something. It's chump change for them too.
    06-30-13 01:44 AM

- 77% iOS
    - 22.7% Android
    - 0.5% Windows Phone
    That's 100.2%.

Posted via Z10
    06-30-13 02:30 AM
    It would be worth it for apple to buy just for the patents lol

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 10:16 AM
    That's for GOOD though and they don't support BB... I believe.... so they would obviously not be in that list.
    exactly thats for Good BES is stil lthe leading MDM Good is second and by a long shot
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-30-13 11:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    IBM ran away from hardware.
    Google already bought a handset maker. Doesn't appear to be such a great idea.
    M$ is a possibility.
    06-30-13 12:36 PM
    IBM ran away from hardware.
    Google already bought a handset maker. Doesn't appear to be such a great idea.
    M$ is a possibility.
    IBM got out of computer hardware when there was a shift in the industry. They might want to get into mobile though.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 12:41 PM
    IBM got out of computer hardware when there was a shift in the industry. They might want to get into mobile though.

Posted via CB10
    Why? Smartphones are a tough business to get in. Even TH said that Friday.

Two dominant manufacturers with tons of money.

EDIT: IBM got out of hardware due to losing a lot of money, with a very highly rated product. Sound familiar?
    06-30-13 01:43 PM