Read this on the Globe & Mail:

'If BlackBerry Ltd. chief executive John Chen is worried about IBM Ltd. and Apple Inc. combining their efforts in enterprise technology, he�s not letting on.
    In an interview with the Financial Times, he likened the team-up to when �two elephants start dancing,� and suggested that his drive to transform the troubled Waterloo, Ont., handset maker is making the company nimble enough to compete with all comers.'

First , the "wall-huggers", now "two elephants start dancing".

Ok Samsung, more commercial material for you to take credit for. LOL
    Heinz Katchup and BCITMike like this.
    07-25-14 01:39 AM
    I love him!

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 01:45 AM
    Well, when the elephants choose the venue a berry garden....

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    07-25-14 01:55 AM
    http://www.ibm.com/mobilefirst/us/en/

When two elephants start dancing you better get out of the way.... laughing at them is a good way to get squished.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 07-25-14 at 03:10 PM.
    07-25-14 10:01 AM
    Mr Chen has also focused BlackBerry on driving enterprise sales in similar areas since joining as chief executive last year, using its market leading security software combined with devices, servers and messaging services.

Mr Chen said that the partnership between Apple and IBM was both good and bad news for BlackBerry. He likened the tie-up to when “two elephants start dancing”, adding that it would be interesting to see how they worked together given both companies “are used to taking charge”.

“The IBM-Apple tie-up validates what is a huge market,” he said. “[But] the bad news is that you are waking up two giants. It’s competition but it’s good competition and we are going to be more nimble. You don’t want to be a strong guy in a market that is not growing.”

Mr Chen said that BlackBerry was in talks about its own partnerships. “I am working on some, and maybe we will collaborate with others. If I focus on security and identity management then we will be a good solid partner in this enterprise world.

“I am not afraid of competing when I know I am more nimble. I never think [that] going alone is the right strategy. But we have a value add that no one else can do.”

Mr Chen said that BlackBerry was out of danger having almost completed its restructuring. BlackBerry will focus on enterprise customers rather than the consumer business for now, said Mr Chen.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/0da6dfe6-1...#ixzz38Vjo2lNi [Paywalled]
    gokulesh and Thunderbuck like this.
    07-25-14 07:39 PM
    Mr Chen has also focused BlackBerry on driving enterprise sales in similar areas since joining as chief executive last year, using its market leading security software combined with devices, servers and messaging services.

Mr Chen said that the partnership between Apple and IBM was both good and bad news for BlackBerry. He likened the tie-up to when �two elephants start dancing�, adding that it would be interesting to see how they worked together given both companies �are used to taking charge�.

�The IBM-Apple tie-up validates what is a huge market,� he said. �[But] the bad news is that you are waking up two giants. It�s competition but it�s good competition and we are going to be more nimble. You don�t want to be a strong guy in a market that is not growing.�

Mr Chen said that BlackBerry was in talks about its own partnerships. �I am working on some, and maybe we will collaborate with others. If I focus on security and identity management then we will be a good solid partner in this enterprise world.

�I am not afraid of competing when I know I am more nimble. I never think [that] going alone is the right strategy. But we have a value add that no one else can do.�

Mr Chen said that BlackBerry was out of danger having almost completed its restructuring. BlackBerry will focus on enterprise customers rather than the consumer business for now, said Mr Chen.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/0da6dfe6-1...#ixzz38Vjo2lNi [Paywalled]
    Sounds like he is well aware of the challenge. Doesn't seem like he's downplaying it.
    07-25-14 07:51 PM
    When two elephants start dancing you better get out of the way.... laughing at them is a good way to get squished.
    I'd be more worried when either or both of them start to take a dump.
    neteng1000 likes this.
    07-25-14 08:43 PM
    Sounds like he is well aware of the challenge. Doesn't seem like he's downplaying it.
    I think Chen coming from the outside, understands better where BlackBerry is and how it is perceived as a company and as a smartphone & services company. But if you think that a CEO doesn't downplay the "problems" that a company faces..... that's what a CEO job is, you never let them see you sweat.
    07-28-14 07:31 AM
    I think Chen coming from the outside, understands better where BlackBerry is and how it is perceived as a company and as a smartphone & services company. But if you think that a CEO doesn't downplay the "problems" that a company faces..... that's what a CEO job is, you never let them see you sweat.
    True. It is in the job description. I actually admire his gamesmanship; calling iPhone users wall-huggers when he came from one himself was fun genius IMHO.

But I do agree that coming from the outside is a good thing.
    07-28-14 07:58 AM
    Exactly. Much has been made of it, but that is his job. Wouldn't install confidence if he said, "Oh no! I'm terrified! We're doomed! Whatever shall we do???" :-)
    07-28-14 08:01 AM
    Don't forget today's JC quote at the security summit in NYC. "All power outlets are reserved for iPhone's"

LOL...the man has charisma.

Eazzy Peazzy
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 07-29-14 at 11:54 PM.
    07-29-14 11:38 PM
    Chen will be seen next appearing at the world famous Comedy Store on the sunset strip.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    07-29-14 11:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD