Whole market is down.
    10-02-14 10:43 AM
    Whole market is down.
    True but as of 11:45AM,

NASDAQ is down by 1.1%
    DOW is down by 0.7%

BBRY is down by 6.1%
    10-02-14 10:46 AM
    I doubled down on BBRY last week at 10.45 I should have waited. Not sure whether double down again on BBRY today or on AMBA. It's sales time.
    10-02-14 10:48 AM
    Canadian Energy Index down 2% and 12% this month.
    10-02-14 10:48 AM
    True but as of 11:45AM,

NASDAQ is down by 1.1%
    DOW is down by 0.7%

BBRY is down by 6.1%
    Credit Swiss downgraded the stock yesterday lowering target from $9 to $6
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/credit...180835740.html
    10-02-14 10:50 AM
    Markets are down generally... nothing to do with BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 10:58 AM
    Blame on Ebola and what's going on in Hong Kong, nothing to do with BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 10:59 AM
    Buy calls

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 11:27 AM
    Credit Swiss downgraded the stock yesterday lowering target from $9 to $6
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/credit...180835740.html
    Where did you get the $9 dollars to $6 dollars? They downgraded the stock but reiterated a $6 dollar target. Do you know what that means?
    10-02-14 02:25 PM
    How can a company with so many assets and business be valued at $ 3 billion? (-cash + debt)
    Uber, workday, netflix, airbnb, gopro and so many others valued at multiple times Blackberry?
    Its about time, this company does something for shareholders and not just have money go to a few.
    10-02-14 03:20 PM
    One day's market movement--particularly without news--doesn't mean a thing.

ETA: did some digging and there's actually UPGRADES from Deutsche Bank and TD Securities, both significant good news.

Anyone who follows every movement of any stock is doomed to a massive headache.

PS: I'm a shareholder.
    10-02-14 03:28 PM
    How can a company with so many assets and business be valued at $ 3 billion? (-cash + debt)
    Uber, workday, netflix, airbnb, gopro and so many others valued at multiple times Blackberry?
    Its about time, this company does something for shareholders and not just have money go to a few.
    Those other companies are priced solely based on the huge growth rate. At the moment BBRY doesn't make any money, revenue is still shrinking and obviously they don't don't pay any divided.

If you believe in the turnaround bet on it the reward could be pretty high.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 03:30 PM
    One day's market movement--particularly without news--doesn't mean a thing.

ETA: did some digging and there's actually UPGRADES from Deutsche Bank and TD Securities, both significant good news.

Anyone who follows every movement of any stock is doomed to a massive headache.

PS: I'm a shareholder.
    But we're concerned because it hasn't been one day. It's been the entire week. Down from over $12 to almost $10.50. That is a 12.5% drop! That can't be blamed on the market being down. The market is no where near down that much. And it is down 12.5% on no news? Something isn't right here.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 05:27 PM
    But we're concerned because it hasn't been one day. It's been the entire week. Down from over $12 to almost $10.50. That is a 12.5% drop! That can't be blamed on the market being down. The market is no where near down that much. And it is down 12.5% on no news? Something isn't right here.

Posted via CB10
    *shrug* It's a volatile stock, and likely to remain so for a couple more quarters.

If I had some ready cash I'd be buying on the dip.
    10-02-14 05:55 PM
    Could the price drop have something to do with the rumor that AT&T will not launch the Passport until next year? This would certainly be bad news for Passport sales in perhaps the most important market in the world. Especially since this will hurt holiday sales. Notwithstanding, I just ordered mine on Amazon with plans to switching to T-Mobile. But think that most consumers want the subsidized phone route.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    10-02-14 06:41 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Would help if they had product (the Passport) available for purchase...demand is huge..where's the product???

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 09:27 PM
    Would help if they had product (the Passport) available for purchase...demand is huge..where's the product???

Posted via CB10
    Well, news is that BlackBerry did a run of about 300-350 K. About 2/3 of that was sold through Amazon and Shop BlackBerry. The rest has been sold to carriers minus a wee bit of product BlackBerry was able to reallocate to the two websites this week.

Unfortunately, BlackBerry doesn't have the cash for big product runs. From what I can discern, the next product shipment is this week.

I guess the good news is if you do a back of the napkin calculation, BlackBerry has pushed about 200 million of passport sales in the last week or so. Not bad at all.

As to BlackBerry future, I would say that they are already operating in a cash flow positive environment. Innovative product is selling and service revenues (BES) will start kicking in this quarter as those free EZ passes turn into revenue. They also did a few things that surprised me at the earnings call. First, there hiring, a sign that revenue is going in the right direction. Second, they took the full financing charge (190 million) in this quarter which they don't have to do. This along with the fact that they haven't used their full R&D tax credit makes me think they want to keep, expectations lows. I suspect that we will see positive news in the next quarterly report. If cashflow is positive and revenue rises then this stock will take off. All the arrows are pointing in the right direction. Time will tell.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 11:06 AM
  19. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Thanks TKBW... I agree...

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 10:10 PM
    Those other companies are priced solely based on the huge growth rate. At the moment BBRY doesn't make any money, revenue is still shrinking and obviously they don't don't pay any divided.

If you believe in the turnaround bet on it the reward could be pretty high.

Posted via CB10

Right on the money with this one. Credit Suisse basically is playing safe by only valuing at assets on hand. A lot of agencies do not have faith that blackberry will turn a profit or stabilize revenue. I would say this is a sucky situation, HOWEVER, in this case wall st is not creating valuations out of thin air. They're too busy doing that for all the other tech ipos
    10-06-14 09:01 AM
    The stock is keep going down. There aren't any news related to going down either. And analysts' estimations are pretty darn low too. What's wrong? The previous earning call showed a very good potential, and it increased only for that day, and it went down even more since then.
    10-07-14 07:01 PM
  22. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Great buying opportunity....

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 07:16 PM
    Two words: Sustainable growth!

Even though the news from Kitchener has been more positive this year, Blackberry is still not out of the woods. Shrinking revenues are still a concern for investors. To see a positive, sustainable upside to the stock, the street will need to see revenue losses bottoming out, and the company turning to growth in revenue and market-share. There are still too many uncertainties, Apple IBM Google and others also want to enter this space, and they have tonnes of cash to back themselves up. BB is still fighting an uphill battle. Revenues were down 50 million in this quarter compared to Q1.

But since BB appears to have stopped burning cash, this stock is significantly undervalued for the revenue they bring in. The uncertainty surrounding BB's future is what is suppressing their market cap. Keep in mind there are tonnes of shorts out there, if Blackberry turns to revenue growth, those shorts need to cover themselves and this will shoot the stock to new levels.

Its a good time to invest in BB, if your portfolio includes room for a stock that does come with an element of high risk!
    10-07-14 07:26 PM
    What investors and the market in general are forgetting is that this must be shopblackberry's most successful launch directly through their site ever. it also happens to be the most premium phone (except Porsche) they've ever sold. The fact that U.S. carriers are missing the boat on the initial off contract sales is BB's way of saying thanks for nothing and all the while keeping the bulk of the profits to themselves. Blackberry has minimized the risk of another right down by managing their inventory. The market should see this as a very positive move. Better to sell fewer phones at a tidy profit, then to be sitting on inventory that needs to be blown out at a loss.
    Chen has a plan that is playing out wonderfully.
    The Whatsapp sale finished up at $22 Billion and may have market share in that space, but that is all they have.
    We all know that bbm is a much better product and bb is slowly growing market share in that space as well.

Passport
    Classic
    Blend
    bbm
    BES12
    security
    Six months from now, this is going to be a very different World.
    I'm invested and I'll be patient.
    I'm happy to patiently wait for this turnaround to play itself out, but I can't wait to rub it in the faces of all the naysayers !!

Z30, waiting for the Z50
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    10-07-14 07:52 PM
    What investors and the market in general are forgetting is that this must be shopblackberry's most successful launch directly through their site ever. it also happens to be the most premium phone (except Porsche) they've ever sold. The fact that U.S. carriers are missing the boat on the initial off contract sales is BB's way of saying thanks for nothing and all the while keeping the bulk of the profits to themselves. Blackberry has minimized the risk of another right down by managing their inventory. The market should see this as a very positive move. Better to sell fewer phones at a tidy profit, then to be sitting on inventory that needs to be blown out at a loss.
    Chen has a plan that is playing out wonderfully.
    The Whatsapp sale finished up at $22 Billion and may have market share in that space, but that is all they have.
    We all know that bbm is a much better product and bb is slowly growing market share in that space as well.

Passport
    Classic
    Blend
    bbm
    BES12
    security
    Six months from now, this is going to be a very different World.
    I'm invested and I'll be patient.
    I'm happy to patiently wait for this turnaround to play itself out, but I can't wait to rub it in the faces of all the naysayers !!

Z30, waiting for the Z50
    Unfortunately I jumped in when it was pretty high after they released q1 earning call. So it has decreased quite a lot now. I'm gonna keep it until it reaches at least $20 but I'm wondering how many years that would take..
    10-08-14 01:53 PM
46 12