Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Custom Wallpaper is Blurry/Zoomed

I copied a couple 1024x600 jpg files over to my PlayBook, and when I set them as my wallpaper they are blurry/zoomed in. Looking at them in the photos app they look nice and sharp. Anyone else having this problem?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

I have the same issue, havent figured out how to fix it yet.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by gq_stylz_s View Post
    I have the same issue, havent figured out how to fix it yet.
    I have the same issue as well. In the Pictures App, it looks fine, but when putting it as a Wallpaper, it looks blurry. This occurs with pictures I've taken with the camera or with high definition pictures I've downloaded from the internet.
    CrackBerry User

man I have the same problem. When is the fix coming?
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    g pong

yup, many people are having the same issue. All hoping it gets fixed soon.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

Same thing here..Im trying to find a work around.
    What if we made the images smaller in size..so when it enlarges it...it fits to the sceen?
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by VJgamer View Post
    I copied a couple 1024x600 jpg files over to my PlayBook, and when I set them as my wallpaper they are blurry/zoomed in. Looking at them in the photos app they look nice and sharp. Anyone else having this problem?
    Wallpapers are actually 1024x1024 to accomodate the portrait orientation. A wallpaper that is 1024x600 will be scaled up in height to 1024 and the width will be cropped so that there is no black bars on the top/bottom or sides. I think the PB's wallpaper album is special because it displays the wallpaper as 1024x600 but you can see that its much larger if you rotate the wallpaper to portrait. I think they did that so it would look the same but it just confuses things because the other albums don't appear to work that way.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sunocoz View Post
    Wallpapers are actually 1024x1024 to accomodate the portrait orientation. A wallpaper that is 1024x600 will be scaled up in height to 1024 and the width will be cropped so that there is no black bars on the top/bottom or sides. I think the PB's wallpaper album is special because it displays the wallpaper as 1024x600 but you can see that its much larger if you rotate the wallpaper to portrait. I think they did that so it would look the same but it just confuses things because the other albums don't appear to work that way.
    Would that mean our photos should be 1024X1024 and not 1024X600?