Storm 2 9550 cases / skins
02-02-10 01:42 PM
- Purchased a storm 2 however I like having the pouch to put my storm in due to holstering and profiles. What I would like is some sort of skin I can put on my phone and still use the pouch. I scratched up my storm 1 when I went from a rubber skin to the pouch.. Little drops here and there took there toll on the exterior. Also on your storm 2 does the blackberry key somtimes not allow you to click?01-30-10 05:27 PM
- I just found a small ding in the bezel of my phone, and it's in the OEM blackberry pouch...so I'll be doing the same thing you're looking to do. Here's what I'm going to be doing, and I suggest you do something similar: I'm going to be getting an Epik resin case along with a Seidio Innocase Spring Lock Holster. I don't care if the holster gets scratched up..and the entire backside of the phone will be protected by the resin case.
Edit: The Seidio holster will still allow you to make use of your holster profiles.01-30-10 06:08 PM
- I actuallly picked one up at Best buy - It's called their "Premium Series" but it has a hard plastic shelly around the phone and a clip to wear on your belt. it was like $30.00
I wanted the Otterbox but 49.99 or whatever is just too much to spend on a case. Just be careful with it you know?01-30-10 09:00 PM
- I just ordered the Seido Innocase II and (because I couldn't decide) the Case-Mare Barely There. I threw in the Seido Cradle(I don't want to fuss with taking a case/on off) so I got all three. I was completely torn on about 5 Cases (Epic, Barely there(Case Mate), Commuter(Otter Box) but decided on the two I chose for reasons being: I bought my Mom the Otter Box Commuter for her Bold 9000 and I can tell it will offer great protection(also came with a screen protector) but the rubberized access to the convenience keys were too sensitive, and with the Commuter on my storm, I can't see being able to avoid the "Ding ding ding" activation from them being pressurized.
I was going for maybe Epik(c??) but I was worried as it had no inner felt or soft interior, as I like my bezel intact.
I wanted the Barely There case, but was worried on reviews from removal, and possible bezel wearing away - also that it offered no frontal protection.
Soooooo..long story short, I picked the Seido and Smooth one. I hope they work out fine, as with shipping & all that, it was about 118.00(ouch!) but it's the price you pay sometimes (I wish CrackBerry would offer lower shipping cost, as I was seriously considering buying from their sites alone, and paying minimal shipping).
Anyhow.... I receive the cases on Tuesday, and after work I will give you my input and initial reaction, maybe some pictures if I can figure out how.. I will also(if I can find this thread) give another perspective after a weeks or months time.
But for now do as I did, research, research, research. Check prices, (and shipping!) and see what works for you,
Good luck! (Wish me some too!
Oh! and I forgot to mention, my basis on a case was ease of access for pocketing, thus I was looking at hard and not silicone or holsters.01-31-10 04:35 PM
- 01-31-10 07:58 PM
http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/pe...7/#post459341301-31-10 08:27 PM
- This large Curve 8350i holster case should fit the Storm with a skin on it and should also put it to sleep:
http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content01-31-10 09:15 PM
- 01-31-10 09:44 PM
- 01-31-10 10:52 PM
- I was debating on a otter box but I got a chrome two piece snap in just too add to the look and a but of protection I don't know it looks good but I worry about drops and dust and I don't think the otter box commter will help any
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com01-31-10 11:36 PM
- 02-01-10 08:56 AM
The case will fit a Storm with a thin, non-sticky skin.
The OEM Bold 9000 holster will put the Storm to sleep too:
I like this holster which also works:
Last edited by wpwoodjr; 02-02-10 at 01:49 PM.02-02-10 01:42 PM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- More for your BBOS Phone!
- BBOS Phone Accessories
Storm 2 9550 cases / skins
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD