Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Soap and Water to apply a screen protector? Really?!?

Been reading some threads concerning screen protectors.... It seems that two of the most popular are the InvisibleShield and BSE. The BSE website says that you use soap and water to apply. I have seen this type of application technique used to apply decals to cars, or tinting materials to windows, but using it on my BB, well, that scares the heck out of me. Is this really necessary?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    PIN
    30D44BE1

it works fine, only a thin film of solution is needed, all u have to do is dip it and then shake the excess off before u apply it.
    JOCK THE PIN BABY: 30D44BE1
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts

Works great. Just get a little bowl, and put the warm water in, and then a little soap, and stir it in with your finger. Use a credit card, and squeeze out the excess. Do it before bed too, so it can dry overnight.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Retired Mod

Global Posts
    13,158 Global Posts

Yes and it works great. Just when you go to apply, no need to leave the screen protector dripping with water. I try and get all the excess water off below I apply.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    461 Global Posts
    PIN

It works fine. You don't put the solution on your phone, it goes on the skin.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    PIN
    3019F3E6

Just one drop of liquid soap will do. To show you the effects of a film of soap, try this little experiment in the privacy of your own home.

Take a large, light colored plate and place it on a flat surface. Sprinkle a large amount of pepper on the water.

Wet a finger, and then touch the top of a liquid soap container, getting just an itty bitty amount of soap on your finger.

Touch the soapy finger to the water, and watch the pepper flee as the soap film spreads across the surface of the water.
    Store and manage your 3rd party software registration codes online for free!

You'll never have to look for them again!

http://ezreregister.com

They use the same process to install window tint.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

the one i got from zagg, it came with the solution in a spray bottle, that you apply to the skin before putting it on the phone...

https://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield...ns-shields.php
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    786 Global Posts
    PIN
    e tar

Just read the directions in full, and don't dip your berry in the soapy water. bad stuff happens!
    Critical Care Paramedic/Field Supervisor
    CrackBerry User

Trust us. We were all paranoid at one point, but after applying it you realize it was the best experience ever and well worth it!

Just do it! Hahaha

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    319D9F72

If you run out of solution use bottled water and just a drop of liquid dish soap. I have well water and found the bottled water does a better job IMO.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CelticDaddio View Post
    Been reading some threads concerning screen protectors.... It seems that two of the most popular are the InvisibleShield and BSE. The BSE website says that you use soap and water to apply. I have seen this type of application technique used to apply decals to cars, or tinting materials to windows, but using it on my BB, well, that scares the heck out of me. Is this really necessary?
    I thought the same thing when I saw I needed soap and water to apply it, but it worked perfectly! Just follow the instructions and you will be fine! It's actually easier than it sounds to apply.