Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default SanDisk vs. Dane-Elec?

SanDisk is $35 more for a 16GB MicroSD than the Dane-Elec. Why is it that there is such a difference in price - is the SanDisk product worth the additional costs? Or are you simply paying for the brand?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    17,128 Global Posts

I always opt for sandisk over any other brand basically. Their reliability is very good.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    PIN
    --- Inconceivable!!!

Let's revisit this as I saw the Dane card at J&R for $34.99 and there is a free shipping code hanging around somewhere.......I think I saw it on techbargains.......

I too tend to lean towards Sandisk, but I have had luck with other brands like Viking and Kingston. I would love to hear from anyone with a Dane card in the wild.........
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    pin pin pin

San Disk is the spec maker in this industry, their products is actually the same with others, if you are paying more, its more likely you are paying for their marketing expenses and service center.

my 2 cents
    CrackBerry Addict

I have a Dane electric 8gb class 4 in my berry right not. Looking at what was in stock, I could not find anyone that stocked a comparible san disk-they were all class 2. I know someones gonna say they make higher class ones, I just didn't have the time to wait to get one shipped. So I chose class 4. It works good for me. Not having compared the two side by side I can't tell if its any better or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Co-Founder http://www.apcovat.org
    Americans Promoting Change One Voice At A Time

Make your voice heard.
    8320 -> 4.5.0.162/4.6.1.286/5.0.0.190
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    PIN
    --- Inconceivable!!!

FYI, I got my morning email from Newegg.

They have a class 4 8gb Kingston Micro SD on sale for $18.99 with free shipping. That's a pretty decent deal. I still want to hold out for another good deal on a 16gb card (the Dane card is sold out at JandR/Amazon). But who knows. Maybe I will get this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    PIN
    s and needles, needles and pins

I've got a MicroCenter branded 16gb HC Class 6 card (I have a store near me) in my Storm that I paid $35 for on sale and it works perfectly.

I've used dozens of micro and mini cards and Dane has always been reliable as well
    Why yes, that IS a Droid in my pocket.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    7,028 Global Posts
    PIN
    not applicable :)

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyfrancis View Post
    SanDisk is $35 more for a 16GB MicroSD than the Dane-Elec. Why is it that there is such a difference in price - is the SanDisk product worth the additional costs? Or are you simply paying for the brand?
    Sandisk comes with lifetime warranty.
    For my photography business, I use nothing but sandisk.
    Higher end cards also come with recovery software and faster speeds.
    Not noticeable in phones though.
    I am now Incredible

http://twitter.com/aplphoto

Same name, but at androidcentral now!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    PIN
    --- Inconceivable!!!

I just want to double back on this thread as the Dane is back (or still) in stock on the Crackberry store for $39.95. One person above noted they had problems with this card in their Tour. Anyone else with a Tour with the Dane card?

I may just get the Sandisk too, but right now the Amazon card is through sellers and I just don't know about those sellers......
    CrackBerry User

I'm never sure how much of an advantage is offered by more costly disks. Varying spec's obviously offer varying performance, but between brands? Not sure.

Mind you, a lifetime warranty is nothing to sniff at.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    PIN
    --- Inconceivable!!!

And the LTW on the San-disk...do you only get that if you purchase "Retail Packaging"?