CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    PIN
    30B8C870
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Problems with car chargers?

I'm on my 3rd car charger for my Tour and they never seem to charge properly. My first 2 were OEM RIM chargers and my 3rd is now a Sprint branded one. They either say they're charging but don't charge.. Or they'll have to be positioned just right for the phone to show it's charging. I've had absolutely no problems on the home charger however....
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,065 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me

Have the same problem. Think BB car chargers are just junk

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    30BFCD9A

I have noticed that my Tour won't charge well if the phone is warm (been in heavy use) Try letting it cool for a few mins, remove the battery cover while it's charging, and try charging again. Dunno if it'll help you, but I have noticed a HUGE difference by taking these steps before using my car charger.....
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    530 Global Posts

I got this car charger from Ebay and it has been charging my Tour perfectly. It's cheap, is retractable with a tangle-free charging wire. My concerns about using a non-OEM car charger were allayed after 3+ weeks of trouble-free charging.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by nags View Post
    I'm on my 3rd car charger for my Tour and they never seem to charge properly. My first 2 were OEM RIM chargers and my 3rd is now a Sprint branded one. They either say they're charging but don't charge.. Or they'll have to be positioned just right for the phone to show it's charging. I've had absolutely no problems on the home charger however....
    If you're hooked-up and charging, then begin to use the phone, the actual charge may reduce as the charger is now being used to power the phone rather than charge. Chargers can't power and charge.
    Respect must be earned before it's merited.
    Treat others like you envision yourself being treated.
    Never argue with an imbecile ...it's impossible to win, as well as it's impossible for bystanders to identify who's the true imbecile.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,024 Global Posts

Thanks for the link on that buy. I just ordered it and hope I get the same results that you have!
    Treat my First like my Last and my Last like my First....

Follow me on twitter @willyboy6
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,024 Global Posts

I also was having issues with my last car charger. I bought it from CNN and after it stopped working took the connecting end apart to find one of the contacts had become separated from the prongs. Cheap thing.
    Treat my First like my Last and my Last like my First....

Follow me on twitter @willyboy6
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    PIN
    30B8C870
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by RegE View Post
    If you're hooked-up and charging, then begin to use the phone, the actual charge may reduce as the charger is now being used to power the phone rather than charge. Chargers can't power and charge.
    I just recently drove 4 hours in my truck with my tour plugged in the whole time. Rarely using it the whole drive.. I got to where I was going, unplugged it, and had a dead battery. This was all while showing the charging icon the whole time
    CrackBerry User

I have the verizon car charger for the tour and it does next to nothing for me. If I leave it on for like a day it will charge but otherwise it stinks.

The Sultan of CrackBerry

Global Posts
    5,634 Global Posts

I have thrown out a total of 6 third party (generic) brand chargers, finally bought a Verizon "brand" one that works. I don't get it--and I'm not impressed. For my Curve I bought a $5 generic and it worked perfectly!
    CrackBerry Master

I have the blackberry charger and it only charges sometimes, but if i turn my phone off first then it will charge every time.
    CrackBerry Master

I just left my buddies house and plugged my phone into the car charger. I plugged my phone in when the temperature was 78 degrees and the battery was 59%. Upon arriving home, [after the 30 minute ride] the phone was 97 degrees and the battery was at 71%. I'm using the BlackBerry OEM charger. This is the first time I've really monitored the charging, but it doesn't look like I have anything to complain about.
    Respect must be earned before it's merited.
    Treat others like you envision yourself being treated.
    Never argue with an imbecile ...it's impossible to win, as well as it's impossible for bystanders to identify who's the true imbecile.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,777 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me

Bought this back in mid-July and it has worked perfectly. Cannot beat the price.

CAR CHARGER FOR BLACKBERRY CURVE 8900 TOUR 9630 PHONE - eBay (item 400062057113 end time Sep-13-09 23:57:53 PDT)
    Device: Bold 9650 - OS 6.0.0.431
    Accessories: Seidio Innocase 360, Seidio Charging Dock
    Top Apps: StudentDocket, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, Google Voice, BBSmart Alarms Pro
    Reviews: Seidio Innocase Snap & Innocase Hybrid for 9630/9650

More space is always good
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

I currently own the one dohturdima mentioned from ebay though I got it off amazon, it works fine for me.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts
    PIN
    24ABEF54

I have a Curve 8900 and the charger works great on that even when my Magnum is off the charger works wonderful. but the Tour takes longer to charge and it will only maintain the battery level on my friends Storm.
    CrackBerry User

I've been using the same iGo car charger model for the past 3.5 years (well, two different units... lost my first one during a camping trip) and have been extremely happy with it.

Right now I have the charger, two tips (A97 micro usb, A32 mini usb), a power splitter accessory and couldn't be happier. Works great with my BB, my GPS and a few other gadgets.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Bought a cheap car charger at Wal-Mart and it works perfectly. First 2 Tours had batteries with smooth stickers on them and they overheated bad. 3rd Tour came with a battery that has rough texture and doesn't overheat. No problems at all with $15 car charger.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

I bought a micro usb cable that is plugged into a USB car charger and have no problems at all. I bought my micro usb cables from ebay a seller named itrimming