Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Otterbox, Skin, or Insurance?

I received both the Impact & Commuter cases today.
    Both are GREAT cases, but unfortunately they won't slide into the holster that came with the 9700. The Commuter will slide in ok, but not down quite far enough for the flap to stay closed flatly.
    I love that holster and use it most of the time.
    Then I get to thinking, I pay the monthly insurance, who really cares if it gets cracked up.
    What do you guys who use the stock hoster think?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    464 Global Posts

you have 2 otterbox cases,and a stock holster-wat more protection do u need?
    CrackBerry User

I would ditch the standard holster and just use the commuter case, thats more than enough protection in my opinion
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    784 Global Posts

I stopped using the case that came with phone and just brought a case mate one which protects it and a screen protector and have insurance on it.
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

Global Posts
    20,363 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....

I have the original holster and insurance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ask

i bought one of the Epik Resin cases and added a screen protector, works fine, but i have insurance also....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts

i have insurance but just remember that its a 125.00 deductable also

but i love my otterbox commuter
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    131 Global Posts

i just ordered the the commuter case! apparently the commuter fits in the bold 9000 holster, i will be using that combo, not for the extra protection but just because i like to have a holster to clip onto my belt or one of my pockets!
    blackberry bold 9700~5.0.0.442
    CrackBerry Abuser

I had a commuter and returned it because I thought it was too bulky for my taste. I am now using OEM skin (which fits perfectly) in the original holster that came with the phone. I also have a screen protector and insurance..........

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Dude.. Keep the insurance because of theft, water damage, & uncontrollable events.. DITCH THE HOLSTER cuz no one wants to look like a grandpa and put ur 9700 in the otter box commuter.. Ez as that.. Keep the insurance tho.. Ppl like to take BB's or lose em..
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Sharp & Shiny

Quote Originally Posted by dloreski View Post
    I received both the Impact & Commuter cases today.
    Both are GREAT cases, but unfortunately they won't slide into the holster that came with the 9700. The Commuter will slide in ok, but not down quite far enough for the flap to stay closed flatly.
    I love that holster and use it most of the time.
    Then I get to thinking, I pay the monthly insurance, who really cares if it gets cracked up.
    What do you guys who use the stock hoster think?
    Protection is always better than insurance, just because your house is insured I don't suppose you practice fire-juggling in it. Do you need the hassle and expense of an insurance claim? Of course not. Do you need to be waiting for a replacement, miss the delivery guy three times, and then find you've got a troublesome electronic rogue of a phone? Ditto.

I use the Commuter case, which I find gives good drop protection and to my eyes looks pretty cool.
    In darkest rural Scotland. Usually cold, permanently hungry.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    PM me

I just bought the Otterbox Commuter; I usually go defender but I didn't want the bulk this time out. If you're looking for a holster for your Commuter, the Sedio Innocase lock holster works surprisingly well. It has the magnet for sleep and fits as if it were made for the Otterbox. Little pricey tho.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

I like the skins with insurance backup. Otterbox is the best protection but there bulky.

plus I want to see my bb not cover it up....I use a clear skin.
    Robots Will Kill
    ..Seek.Search.Destroy..