I am wondering if there are any methods to tighten/shrink my Otterbox case. Its an Otterbox Impact and it was fine when I got it but with the summer heat in Vegas, it streched out and now my berry isn't tight in it but quite lose and its annoying when I have to lock/unlock and overall doesn't look nice. Any help is welcome. Thank you.
    12-03-10 06:23 PM
    I have never heard of this happening. Perhaps trying to keep it cool somehow?
    12-03-10 06:29 PM
    It is rubber so when it is exposed to 120 F weather, it will losen up. I thought about the cold but I am wondering if any one has better directions.
    12-03-10 06:40 PM
    My only other suggestion would be to call Otterbox and see if it's a manufacturing fault or whether it's supposed to do that. If it's a fault they should replace it free of charge.
    12-03-10 06:49 PM
    I think that Otterbox has a reputation that they would like to guard, as well as our phones. I don't use their cases, but have heard good things. Bet they will gladly replace. If for some reason they won't, I am envisioning that there might be a couple places inside the case that you could layer up a little barge cement or the like which will take away some or all of the looseness. Just be sure to let it cure completely before inserting your phone. We don't want a mess.
    12-03-10 07:55 PM
    I know I will probably sound like a total moron but... I don't recall if I got the Otterbox from them or eBay... I'm still gonna call, the thing is way too lose.

12-03-10 09:48 PM
    I am wondering if there are any methods to tighten/shrink my Otterbox case. Its an Otterbox Impact and it was fine when I got it but with the summer heat in Vegas, it streched out and now my berry isn't tight in it but quite lose and its annoying when I have to lock/unlock and overall doesn't look nice. Any help is welcome. Thank you.
    I live in LV also and almost always drive with the top down and my Blackberry on my leg - my Otterbox Impact is as tight fitting as when I first got it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-10 10:19 PM
    layer up a little barge cement or the like which will take away some or all of the looseness.
    LOL - a shade tree mechanic solution for cell phone cases...

12-03-10 10:26 PM
    lucky45, the thing is that I didn't use it for sometime and it received loads of sunshine for months! I'm calling thhem tomorrow and we'll see what they say...

12-03-10 11:17 PM
    Maybe I'm a moron too then, cause I'm forever searching Outlook trying to find out where I bought something online. At any rate, Otterbox should be the ones to call and searching your email inbox for Otterbox might score you a receipt.
    12-04-10 01:46 AM
    This might be a stupid question but if you didn't buy it from Otterbox directly, are you sure it's a genuine Otterbox product?
    12-04-10 01:53 AM
    Here too,always been tight from the day I bought it,even in the summer,never had a problem with it.Strange though...
    12-04-10 06:22 AM
    I have considered and wanted to get one, but considering the heat has a loosening affect on it, I might just get a hard case to clamp around it, one that fits an extended battery that is...

12-04-10 07:17 AM
    ...but considering the heat has a loosening affect on it...no no,it can not be!the heat does nothing to it,I can assure you.Probably the otterbox cases are the best on the market so go for it.
    12-04-10 07:39 AM
    It is original and yes the heat affects it.
    12-08-10 02:39 AM
    This might be a stupid question but if you didn't buy it from Otterbox directly, are you sure it's a genuine Otterbox product?
    I've bought genuine OtterBox products from eBay, Amazon.com and a shop at the local mall. You can even buy them here on CrackBerry.

I have the same case the OP does, got it for $9.99 (Free shipping) from Amazon.com back in June.

While I admit, it's not as "SNUG" as it was when I first got it, it's not as loose as the OP describes his. So, there is certainly something going on there. OtterBox is known for standing behind their products. So, I would recommend he give them a call.
    12-08-10 08:13 AM
    Oh, I had the same problem when I bought the Impact case. Fit like a glove when I first got it but loosened up over time.

My resolution: I bought the Commuter case. The impact is sitting in my closet. Haven't looked back since.

Last edited by Apocalypso; 12-08-10 at 08:30 AM.
    12-08-10 08:27 AM
    03-08-13 09:48 PM
    I boiled it for a minute the first time, and it was a tad better, but still loose. Second time, I boiled it for three minutes, and it got better. Not quite as good as new, but almost. Thanks! Have you informed OtterBox about this?
    05-12-13 04:25 PM
    Well hear it now. I live in England and it's cold here. My Otterbox case is now very loose after a couple of years. Nothing to do with the weather.

(On re-reading this, I think there could be scope for amusing banter... "My otter box isn't as tight as it used to be" - I'll have the RSPCA knocking on my door if I'm not careful... but you catch my drift etc)
    07-25-16 02:53 PM
    Does Otterbox even make cases for blackberry anymore. I don't think so.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-25-16 03:03 PM
    Does Otterbox even make cases for blackberry anymore. I don't think so.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    The last on they did was for the Classic so they still may with future devices.

I've had luck tightening mine up by boiling the rubber in a pot of water for about 10 minutes, then immediately running it under cold water to "shock" the rubber. I don't know or care much for science, but it worked for me!
    07-25-16 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";